It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOHO to be shutdown for a few weeks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm this is interesting:

An antenna glitch has forced NASA engineers to put the sun-watching SOHO spacecraft to sleep for at least two weeks, causing a data outage that will temporarily suspend its use as a space weather forecasting tool.

The move comes about a week after SOHO engineers realized the spacecraft's high gain antenna was not working properly. It also comes the day after the fifth anniversary of SOHO's first brush with death, when software changes almost resulted in loss of the spacecraft in 1998.

www.space.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This is too much of a coincidence for what is going on in the world with HAARP and other solar interference.

This is 100% engineered.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
DR
please enlighten those of us that aren't aware of the Haarp and Solar interference "coincidences"

Tell us a bit more about what might be happening in your eyes.

Peace,

MrFreeze

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Please review these threads, especially the last few days of posts, there has been MUCH discussion on this matter. The incident of SOHO being shut down coincident with all of the other happenings is HIGHLY suspect.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
SOHO STATUS: The ongoing blackout of the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) might not be total. According to the Solar Data Analysis Center: "Scientific telemetry from SOHO continues to be received through Deep Space Network 34-meter antennas. Signal to noise actually rose slightly during yesterday's contact, leading to (pure) speculation that the spacecraft high gain antenna sidelobes may be stronger than expected."

spaceweather.com...

I am wondering if this is in direct response to the threads I have been working on... It could also be a subtle avenue for NASA to drop some disinformation on us.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
SOHO STATUS: The ongoing blackout of the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) might not be total. According to the Solar Data Analysis Center: "Scientific telemetry from SOHO continues to be received through Deep Space Network 34-meter antennas. Signal to noise actually rose slightly during yesterday's contact, leading to (pure) speculation that the spacecraft high gain antenna sidelobes may be stronger than expected."

spaceweather.com...

I am wondering if this is in direct response to the threads I have been working on... It could also be a subtle avenue for NASA to drop some disinformation on us.

I doubt it...I mean how many people could they possibly believe would figure this out?

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I doubt it...I mean how many people could they possibly believe would figure this out? Posted by Osobad28

I dont know. I doubt they ever thought that anyone would bust them. However, myself, Banshee, Valhal, and several others have been tracking these sorts of incidents in the seismic thread, and Banshee in particular busted the HAARP magnetometer being manipulated and changed (check it out).

I think these threads are now being monitored, and what we are seeing is a direct response to what we are reporting.

top topics

join