It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Law Enforcement Officers Shot In Sacramento County, Conditions Unknown

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Seems like just happened a few minutes ago...

Authorities are now saying that a total of three law enforcement officers were shot near Fulton Avenue and Auburn Boulevard.

One sheriff’s deputy and two CHP officers were shot, the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department confirms.

All have been transported to the hospital. Their conditions are unknown at the moment.

Three suspects, two women and one man, have been detained.

An officer has been shot along Auburn Boulevard, authorities say.

The scene is along the 2600 block of Auburn Boulevard.

The condition of the officer is unknown, per the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.

Isn't it kinda weird that they're withholding such information? Or is it the standard procedure?

It is unclear which department the officer belongs to. According to the Sacramento Police Department, none of their officers have been hurt.

No suspect information is available at the moment.

According to CBS, the "police response concerns".

They've blocked a few streets near the place too.

More infos: check this link

Hope it's not another terrorist attack. Can't know for sure since there's no further details other than they've been shot.

edit on 30/8/2017 by vinifalou because: pics

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT!!!!

edit on 8-30-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
"Hope it's not another terrorist attack."

It is, ask the victims!

Or is it just terror if it is "muslim"?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
As the push to militarize the police is once again in the news, expect these types of news-stories to become common
edit on 30-8-2017 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
As the push to militarize the police is once again in the news, expect these types of news-stories to become common

What do you mean militarize and who is pushing this?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

First thing I thought with all the push to militarize.

How despicable these officers had to die to prove the point of TPTB.

peace

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Local to the area - knew something was up when 12 vehicles from different agencies passed me at a high rate of speed. Been following the action via scanner all afternoon. Here's the summary:

Joint task force of CA Highway Patrol, Sac Sheriff and Sac PD were looking for stolen vehicles. Found a suspect vehicle that led officers on a pursuit to nearby town where they were captured. Police returned to the Ramada Inn and traced the vehicle to a guest room. When officers knocked and announced, another suspect opened fire with a long gun (AK 47) through the door and wall. Two CHP officers down, status unknown. Suspect then engaged in a fire fight with additional officers located behind the hotel by shooting from balcony. He managed to get out of the building and escaped in a vehicle. He was pursued and crashed nearby. At the crash site the suspect engaged in another gun fight - and lost. He is now in custody with holes he didn't have this morning. Status unknown.

As I type, officers are using a robot and shotgun to breach doors in the hotel, clearing room by room. Snipers are set up covering all sides of the building. Still developing.

UPDATE: First and second floors are clear, moving to third floor (where the incident began).

edit on 30-8-2017 by Tripnman because: Update

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Another excuse to use death and violence to make fun of Trump. Seriously, you may think it's funny, I think it's mentally ill.

There will be a time when cops will NOT answer calls for anything domestic, and they will no longer knock and let people know. They'll come in like a SWAT team and innocent people are going to get blown away because of crap like this.

Nobody ever thinks of the end result of this type of violent behavior. Cops will be given carte blanche to do whatever makes them feel safe, and if you, your children, your elderly relatives, or your pets get blown away, oh well.

Make lame jokes while you can.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

My bad!

Should've said "hope it is not another ISIS attack"

It is for sure a terrorist attack.
edit on 30/8/2017 by vinifalou because: oh ats

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
My thoughts and prayers are with these officer's and their families.
Regardless of your political leanings these attacks should be looked upon with disdain.

To not call it terrorism is disingenuous at minimum, I'd actually go so far as to call it ignorant.

Homegrown or not..

Reserving the right to further comments as information comes in..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
But....but.....but I thought AK-47's are outlawed in California???

Criminals don't give sh#, and neither does the legislature in Sacramento.

FAIL.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

well terror has some goal in mind.. these people got caught being thieves and decided to kill cops rather than face jail as per tripnman's post above.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Only sort-of. Us law-abiding types can have semi-auto versions for now, but come January 1 they will have to be modified and neutered to remove what the idiots downtown call "evil features". Removable mags, flash suppressors, adjustable stocks and pistol grips will be verboten unless you register the rifle as an assault weapon.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

You are correct, perhaps the emotions stirred when I hear of three police officer's shot overcame my logic.
I will leave my post above as is ,unedited ,as a testament to my ignorance in jumping to conclusions. when I disregard the words I read and replace them with the words I want to hear I embrace the ignorance I decry .

I'm headed off to stretch.. I know if I put the work in, I can fit this foot in my mouth..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Firstly, I DO sympathize with the officers and their families foremost.

But GOD DAMN!!

Why didn't they wait for SWAT or SRT????

SERIOUSLY? You're going to stack a door at a HOTEL and what, expect cover??

Or are they all spit and vinegar, thinking the have the upper hand due to the restrictive guns laws in place in California??

Sure, you might take small arms fire, but you didn't expect 7.62x39mm to blast through that door and hotel wall like butter and eliminate your entry procedures???

Who's training these officers??

What was the immediate necessity to enter that room?????

Adrenaline???????

Too many mistakes...

Too many comfort zones...

The point is, those officers made a bad choice, relying on whatever training and the odds of heavy resistance..

California needs to wake the fu# up..
edit on E31America/ChicagoWed, 30 Aug 2017 17:50:50 -05008pmWednesdayth05pm by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tripnman

Only sort-of. Us law-abiding types can have semi-auto versions for now, but come January 1 they will have to be modified and neutered to remove what the idiots downtown call "evil features". Removable mags, flash suppressors, adjustable stocks and pistol grips will be verboten unless you register the rifle as an assault weapon.

Pretty much liquidating the rifle as it stands..

Yeah....

The criminals are free to upgrade at will..

Dumb.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
a reply to: Mike Stivic

well terror has some goal in mind.. these people got caught being thieves and decided to kill cops rather than face jail as per tripnman's post above.

Reminds me of that 1995 Robert De Niro movie, "Heat".

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

But GOD DAMN!!

Or are they all spit and vinegar, thinking the have the upper hand due to the restrictive guns laws in place in California??

Sure, you might take small arms fire, but you didn't expect 7.62x39mm to blast through that door and hotel wall like butter and eliminate your entry procedures???

Adrenaline???????

Too many mistakes...

The point is, those officers made a bad choice, relying on whatever training and the odds of heavy resistance..

Simmer down.

You were not there.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tripnman

This would be a '10851 CVC Crew' When I worked w/the CHP on a detail I'd surmise that is/was similar to this, We'd have a CHP "Bait Car" and park it in areas of high instances of vehicle theft. The car is usually a confiscated veh. from out of the area which gets 'wired' to both have the engine turn off and the doors lock after the gizmo is activated. There is usually 3 or 4 officers from the area which would include the city constabulary, sheriff's office and area CHP officers. Don't be surprised if folks from Alcohol Beverage Control and other agencies getting involved, these programs usually have a Federal backing and if the other agencies get involved then they receive some Fed. $$$

Park & Rides are 'target rich environments' for both rips and veh. burglaries.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum

But GOD DAMN!!

Adrenaline???????

Too many mistakes...

Simmer down.

You were not there.

Neither were you, but the facts as they are, dictate poor planning, and ego driven tactics.

I'm simply setting aside status qou emotional sentiment and inquiring as to the why said officers found it upon themselves to think they had the upper hand.

Oh....

How could they know???

Is that the guilt alleviating first thought???

Use your brain instead of your need to "normalize" these situations.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join