It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian girl put into foster care with non-English speaking Muslim family

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

MPs have been urged to launch an inquiry into the placement of foster children after a white Christian girl was reportedly put into the care of a non-English speaking Muslim family.

source

The most disgusting think is the family did not speak English!
What the # are people doing living permanently in Britain when they cant speak English let alone being foster parents? My girlfreind from south America cant even get a 2 week tourist visa yet If your muslim and cant speak English you get to live here!

Secondly how is this not child abuse? Throwing a vulnerable girl into a family that do not respect her culture and belief system......and cant even communicate with her?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Phonixfromtheashes

Is it required for someone to speak English in order to be a citizen of the country?

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Is it required for someone to speak English in order to be a citizen of the country?

I thought it was. If my girlfreind marrys me she needs to meet a certain level of english to live in the UK. But whether there are exceptions like refugees who have lived her 5 years biut never bothered to integrate.

Or if you even have to be a citizen to ne a foster parents.

+30 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

actually...i think it is required. If it isnt...it should be.

In my country...it is required before being granted citizen. Makes perfect sense. This person needs to understand laws, customs, and regulations on a daily life basis. Everything is in native tongue (what a surprise !!!!)...if that person has any chance or even desire to integrate...he/she/it should learn the language...ASAP.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Not necessarily, but it must be a requirement for someone wanting to foster children in the United Kingdom, to be able to speak its common tongue, that they be able to teach it to their adoptive or foster sprogs.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Nice, way to clearly and obtusely demonstrate your ingrained religious bias. The issue is the fact that the foster parents didn't speak the girls language, not that they were a different religion. To make any argument otherwise is to even more clearly demonstrate your racism against a religious-ethnic group.

See how you have already assumed negative qualities merely because you saw the word 'Muslim'. In truth, I think that says a lot more about your own twisted brand of religion than it does about Muslims.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

For some strange reason it isn't. Probably because scousers are a thing.

But obviously what happened shouldn't have happened.

It gets much worse if you read article.

The parents the kid was put with shouldn't be foster parents at all. I wonder how they even filled out the application.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

David Cameron attempted to encourage the use of English for immigrants but I'm not sure it ever became a requirement.
The usual scenario was that the father of the family would speak both English and his native language but the mother would not. Therefore the ladies ended up more or less isolated within their own communities and less likely to integrate.

His argument was based in community cohesion but really he just wanted them to be able to go out and get a job, made easier if English was understood.
I don't think the idea took off too well. Pretty hard to enforce really. The benefits system may be able to argue that you are not making yourself available for work so shouldn't qualify for assistance. If the father claims for the whole family, though, it circumvents that element. You can't really enforce what language people use. If I went to live in France I'd try and learn French but that's just me.

This fostering thing is a bit odd if you ask me. I know from family experience that adoption is a really tricky process and its a bit over the top all the hoops the parents must jump through to ensure they'll be a suitable fit for all concerned.
I suspect we may not have the full details here and there's certainly no shortage of kids in need of fostering.

+26 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Nice, way to clearly and obtusely demonstrate your ingrained religious bias. The issue is the fact that the foster parents didn't speak the girls language, not that they were a different religion. To make any argument otherwise is to even more clearly demonstrate your racism against a religious-ethnic group.

See how you have already assumed negative qualities merely because you saw the word 'Muslim'. In truth, I think that says a lot more about your own twisted brand of religion than it does about Muslims.

Actually religion is one issue. It says they made her remove her crucifix. That probably wasn't the end of it based on other things in the article.

Local authorities are supposed to try and match cultural and religious backgrounds when making decisions.

Arab-Islamic culture is a far cry from British-Christian culture and being made to live a different way can be quite a shock to a small child.
edit on -050007am8kam by Ohanka because: spelling

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

yep...so many positive qualities from burqa and niqab wearing foster mother.

Sky is the limit for the child...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The parents the kid was put with shouldn't be foster parents at all. I wonder how they even filled out the application.

you just put some X's on the dotted line.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
he res more balanced view than the hysterical far right one in the op.

ultimately, the times, telegraph and mail are upset white children have to live with people of colour.

the lie they 'don't speak english' humours me.

not surprised troglodytes didn't fact check this, its the new ats thing though innit.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

But they don't need to speak English. I agree they should be able to speak it, but they don't need to.

They can live their whole lives in their ever-burgeoning communities without ever needing to speak the first language of the country.

And who's to say they can't speak English? Maybe they can but choose not to.

Yeah, it's barmy but I don't make the rules.

If I did, I sure wouldn't allow mass immigration from the third world.

We have millions of foreigners living here, allowed to be as foreign as they like, yet described as 'British' by the PTB. And they wonder why we've got a problem with terrorism.

Nuts.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: growler

The content is almost identical. Except the Guardian feels the need to include some rambling tweets from the Muslim council guy.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

The state pays for an interpreter and the forms would be available in the language of the applicant.
Last time I heard, its £270 per week per child that goes to the foster parents.

That's more than I got to live off for a fortnight being unable to work through illness. Might be one reason they'd be keen on fostering.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
yep...so many positive qualities from burqa and niqab wearing foster mother.

Sky is the limit for the child...

Hey man, if you're racist because you're afraid of a headscarf then who am I to stop you. Such strange things for grown men to be terrified of nowadays.

+5 more 
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Guess you did not even read my OP as my rant was directed at the lack of language.

But hey if you think me such a "racist " (you clearly dont know the meaning of the word) report me....the mods I am sure would be happy to ban me if yoh are indeed correct.

+6 more 
link   

originally posted by: growler
he res more balanced view than the hysterical far right one in the op.

ultimately, the times, telegraph and mail are upset white children have to live with people of colour.

the lie they 'don't speak english' humours me.

not surprised troglodytes didn't fact check this, its the new ats thing though innit.

reading it and I dont see the difference between the two ?

Why does this "lie" humor you...and how you have come to know it's a lie ?

your article states...also that the child was sobbing and didnt want to be with the family because they dont speak english...

why is it a lie... ?

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I have to admit even if they did speak English I would still see some issue with this. It's not about religious bias, I am not even religious, it's my compassion and empathy for the child. The rules are different, the ethics are different, the food is different, the clothes are different, etc. I know if I were a young child thrown into such a foreign environment I would find it extremely disorientating and stressful. Seems in some places political correctness is more important than the emotional and mental well being of a child though.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phonixfromtheashes
Throwing a vulnerable girl into a family that do not respect her culture and belief system

Oh dear me, that sure does look like you're just referencing language there.....

I don't need to report you, you're making enough of a fool of yourself on your own with your blatant racism.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join