It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas braces for alligator breakout as Harvey floods 'Gator Country'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I'm originally from SE Texas. The 300+ gators there are literally nothing. There are many many more gators already in the wild. This is just them gaining freedom. The only reason they are there in the first place is so people can make money off of ignorant city-folk who want to see a 'big scary' gator up close. Heck, if you go play golf in southeast Texas you have to share the fairways with them usually.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: windword

More like Gatorcane.

Gatornami?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Yeah those Texans and alligators don't mix.
Gotta bring back an oldie, but goodie

Damn, stay away from the water after dark.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
the call goes out....GATOR WRESTLERS UNITE..!!!! yup us Texicans are really like that

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Texas might actually get a real life sharknado with everything that happening right now.

The level of destruction in Texas is surprising.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Dude..

That's the dumbest MFer I've ever heard about.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Ooh, save that one for the piranhas...Piranhami.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Texans can take 'em.

Start 'em young down there.

Boy or girl ... don't matter.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Good point

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: BlueJacket

I read there was a chemical spill, maybe that will kill things swimming in the water.
Humans swim in the water...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: violet

Haven't heard that in a long long time.
Good one!

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

What a dunce

Some people have no respect for animals that are bigger and stronger than them.

To be honest I thought it was going to be about a Texan who wrestled it and won. Judging by the thread comments where everybody is going on about how tough Texans are and all.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
I'm originally from SE Texas. The 300+ gators there are literally nothing. There are many many more gators already in the wild. This is just them gaining freedom. The only reason they are there in the first place is so people can make money off of ignorant city-folk who want to see a 'big scary' gator up close. Heck, if you go play golf in southeast Texas you have to share the fairways with them usually.

Actually it's a rescue park.

These gators were rescued from people's back yards, pools and such. The owner spent 12 years catching them all.

I do imagine they'd enjoy getting free though, who wouldn't.
I don't live near gators so I find them intimidating. I live near other scary animals like bears and mountain lions.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
Thanks for the map info. I couldn't find it on google earth.
Supposedly it's the fence that's usually high enough to keep them in. Now the water is so high, it's about only about 8 inches from the top of the fence meaning more rain and they can swim over that fence.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

pssh, most gator hunters use a simple .22 rifle to finish them off the trap. Im sure one of those elders has one in an old purse laying around somewhere.

In any case, this is prettymuch just Florida or Louisiana on a normal day. In fact, our gators do not even need high water to get over fences. They just climb them like champs!

edit on 8-29-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89

Yea but 85% of the population of the US doesn't live with alligators daily, so yea there is some fascination there. Obviously if are around something constantly,grew up around them, and have half a lick of common sense you can deal with it. Learned to hunt deer and boar at an early age, but not enough mountain gators LOL so they weren't on the menu.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

but... but...
there's people swimming in the water...
our only hope is that after years of confinement and people bugging them once they are free they run like heck away from the people and find a place devoid of people..

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
An "outbreak" circumvented by the 2nd Amendment.

You underestimate Texas resolve.

So you're going to shoot water now?

Let me know how that turns out.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
A Houston flood victim showed video on our local news of at least three gators wading outside her house. Freaked me out. They looked like they were waiting for her to come out.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join