It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Has Apparently Launched A Missile Over Japan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is breaking so fast that it sounds like the missile might still be in there air. The first to announce it appears to be South Korea.

AP on Twitter:

BREAKING: South Korean news agency says North Korea has fired an unidentified missile.
5:23 PM - 28 Aug 2017

Looking for the Tweet from Japan.

EDIT:
Fox News - North Korea fires unidentified missile, reports say

North Korea fired an unidentified missile into the East Sea, South Korean media said on Monday.

South Korea's military said the missile was fired from Pyongyang and that it passed over Japan.

Published August 28, 2017
Fox News

This image made from video aired by North Korea's KRT on Saturday, Aug. 26, 2017, shows a photo of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, second right, speaks with officials during what Korean Central News Agency called a "target=striking contest" at unknown location in North Korea. (KRT via AP Video)

This image made from video aired by North Korea's KRT on Saturday, Aug. 26, 2017, shows a photo of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, second right, speaks with officials during what Korean Central News Agency called a "target=striking contest" at unknown location in North Korea. (KRT via AP Video)

North Korea fired an unidentified missile into the East Sea, South Korean media said on Monday.

South Korea's military said the missile was fired from Pyongyang and that it passed over Japan.

The move comes after North Korea fired three short-range missiles on Saturday -- all successful -- despite initial reports suggesting failure, according to the U.S. military.

Seoul's Joint Chiefs of Staff said the projectiles fired during the weekend from the North's eastern coast flew about 155 miles.

edit on 2017-8-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Any other sources ?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Uh oh. Wonder if this is what will cross the line and spur some kind of action?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Hitting the radio waves now...telling residents to find cover...wow thats a major escalation.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ok North korea need dealing with.

Seeing as how unreliable and prone to problems North Korean missles are, this is reckless and dangrous.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If there's one thing crazy Kim is good at, it's provoking his neighbor Countries. Someone needs to step in and take his toys away.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Hitting the radio waves now...telling residents to find cover...wow thats a major escalation.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Was not expecting them to escalate like this. I thought we'd see some more smack talk but firing a missile over Japan? That's quite serious on its own but what if it had landed in Japan? Warhead or not.
edit on 2017-8-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Not a chance.

I don't see any potential for a further escalation of this whole Kim Jong Un problem, till blood is spilled, unfortunately. At least that's what it takes to handle a situation like that one, we will see if Trump is any different, and will act before it happens( and it's going to happen)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Great, just what we need. Little Kimmy needs dealing with.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Just saw this, first time in a long time I wish the wife were with me Think about your kin.
She will be home in 2 hours
edit on 28-8-2017 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
War now or war later.

Either way, I don't see a way out of this, without war.

And I do not ever want war.

But I'm not stupid either.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
And what has NATO have to say about this? Everyone seems too chicken to lay the smack down on NK.

Sounds like NK is pooping on the world. Imagine if Russia was to do this...what then?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Do you guys also smell the scent of fire and fury?

link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Not a chance.

I don't see any potential for a further escalation of this whole Kim Jong Un problem, till blood is spilled, unfortunately. At least that's what it takes to handle a situation like that one, we will see if Trump is any different, and will act before it happens( and it's going to happen)

You may be right.

Living in one of the bigger cities on the west coast, being nuked is always in the back of my mind.

link   

What an idiot. At least it went over Japan and did not strike there.

Lil Kim may have just poked the bear a bit too much this time.

Can't recall any missile test from NK going over Japan. Perhaps I am wrong.

link   
Well...one may be able to make a case that they have a right to test their missiles...even though they make a lot of threats which other countries do not when testing their munitions. However to fire a missile over another country without permission is by all means over the line. Their missiles have had a history of malfunctions and are not safe by any standards...I mean hell...one could make the case that this is an act of war!

link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

I don't see any potential for a further escalation of this whole Kim Jong Un problem, till blood is spilled, unfortunately.

I agree...the moment NK drops a rocket on any country they will be at war with the world...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Do have any idea of the trajectory? Could it have been a miss on a target in Japan?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I'm going to look up trumps quotes after work, but didn't he say something like firing any missiles near us or allies territory would warrant a response or something to that affect?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Looks like a stress test for Trump, considering the circumstances.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join