It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Love Being A Freemason

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: icanteven

be the best me I can be!

'Making good men better' is the term that the Masonic fraternity likes to use.

I good man can be lazy as #.

I better man kicks the # out of the good man to make a life for him worth living.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

I don't like the anti-masonic rants as well. Half of them are produced by old enemies of freemasonry(the J company, you know them well) and should be counted as propaganda. The other half are produced by emotionally unstable individuals and are worth nothing.

If I made masonry to look Black with my post, this is only due to subjectivity of perception and the karma of the opening post. In the eye of the beholder the colors take place.

I spelled only what the winds whispered down. For only within the four winds dwells truth. I claim none of it.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argentbenign

For only within the four winds dwells truth.

Huh? Please explain this....

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The all seeing eye.

Why is it such an important symbol for freemasons?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Butthurtinflictor

Isn't that the eye of Ra?

It is either that or the belief that God is looking down upon you. Or something having to do with enlightenment.

?
edit on 28-8-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Argentbenign

What a thoughtful and inspiring post. I bet you get all the ladies with an attitude like that.

My post have sense and depth as well as it reveals my personality. Thus my post holds true.

Your reply to it is shallow. It shows your personality... and nothing else.

That's why I can't get rid of the ladies, and you probably can't get one.

But that is not for envy at all, my ladies will disappear one day... together with my money and health. I'll go down the drain hole. It's inevitable. Tempus edax rerum. And luckily I will find you and beg for loaf of bread. Then with reluctance you'll throw me a piece and we'd both be happy. No need for envy.
edit on 28-8-2017 by Argentbenign because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Nice post!

Joining FM has been on my mind for some time. I have met a FM and works in the same business industry as I do. Awesome guy and straight shooter.

Question is...how many FM are wealthy? I have always thought the wealthy belong to a secret club...did you find this to be true?
Fremasons come from all walks of life...An in my experience they don't gravitate to cliques where there are separate groups...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butthurtinflictor

The all seeing eye.

Why is it such an important symbol for freemasons?

It represents the Ever present watchful eye of God.

www.masonicdictionary.com...

On the same principle, the open eye was selected as the symbol of watchfulness, and the eye of God as the symbol of Divine watchfulness and care of the universe. The use of the symbol in this sense is repeatedly to be found in the Hebrew writers. Thus, the Psalmist says, Psalm xxxiv, 15 : "The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry," which explains a subsequent passage (Psalm cxxi, 4), in which it is said: "Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. "

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

Being the shallow person I am, I choose to follow the order. Step 1. find true facts about a topic..Step 2. speak about topic.
Perhaps one day, you may be as shallow.

My days of chasing the ladies are over. I caught the slow one, and she washes my underware. All is good with me and mine.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It is important to notice, that there is no light without darkness and no darkness without light.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
I have looked into it as I am very intrigued, but right now cannot afford the dues. In the meantime I will continue to research it.

Dues should not be more than $125 to $150 for initiation and first year dues. Some areas may be different, but in my travels, I have not heard of anything more that the norm. Dues range from $50 a year to $100 a year in my area. No other money is required, although many charitable opportunities will present themselves to you. (meaning lots of folks will ask you to donate) Just say no.

If your situation is vastly different, please share that, as I don't need to be telling untruths.

I will have to look again then because I thought it was at least twice that price last I checked. Things are tight right now but eventually it should not be a problem.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

For only within the four winds dwells truth.

Huh? Please explain this....

One wise man thought me a thing. "Go feed the birds" he said. I did, and the birds came a and ate from my hand. The wind is the same, you have to feed it to hear its words.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

First rule is to take care of family. Everything else can wait. Freemasonry will be there when you are ready. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That's very passive tactic. I am sure you get results with it, but it's passiveness could bring huge drawback. Especially in an age of mischief and deception where true facts literally does not exist.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Not got much to say but I noticed you had 33 replies.

Just tipping you up to the next level.

Is it true that you all get to go to the moon and see what's really there?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

That's very passive tactic. I am sure you get results with it, but it's passiveness could bring huge drawback. Especially in an age of mischief and deception where true facts literally does not exist.

Keep telling yourself that. You will go as far as your truth allows you.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
so what do the mighty benevolent masons do against the illuminati and pedosatanists in the governments, hollywood etc?

if nothing - why?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Some of the most upstanding people I know are masons. Damn fine and selfless men, each one of them.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

It's always a pleasure!

I think it's safe to say that we've all clung to erroneous misconceptions and preconceptions at some point. Sometimes when we get a narrative built up in our mind, we think we know, and in so doing, we close and limit our mind with self-imposed blindness, preventing us from seeing the truth of the matter.

I continue to be amazed at the character of the men I meet who are masons, and who are "active" masons. They are the men you see leading things, and earning respect through integrity. I am humbled to be associated with them and a bit sad for those who could feel that pride, but let fear drive them.

When we find ourselves in the midst of those who truly embody virtuous ideals, it can be a humbling mirror urging us into constant improvement. It's pleasant and reassuring to be in the company of those who value morals and virtue.

When I think of Brothers such as Voltaire, Mozart, Diderot, Sir Robert Moray, Edmund Burke, George Washington, John Jay, Prince Hall, and John Glenn,... I am more than proud to stand among their ranks.

For over a decade, I detested and repelled the Fraternity due to the prolific anti-Masonic theories. None of it was true, and now I see that I was missing out on so much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join