It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone Just Needs to Chill the F Out

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
I've been trying to ignore most of the rampant negativity lately. I haven't watched TV in forever. Haven't logged onto Twitter in many months. No Facebook. Avoid Tumblr like the plague.

I still skim the news from my fav aggregator site, but honestly, I'm enjoying myself listening to documentaries now and not missing the rest.

I really want Trump to do well for all of America's sake, but I'm really just uncertain how things are going to play out until the end. America just needs to ignore the screeching of the media and frankly, it might be best to not bother with reading Trumps tweets. Those seem to generate the highest amount of negativity and arguments in people online.

Going STRAIGHT AT where the uncomfortablity is, would be the solution.

Of course the confusion as to how to win this war expands and obfuscates alot.

Ignoring the media and Trump tweets would ALSO BE a waste of time.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butthurtinflictor
a reply to: DAVID64

Agree but what stops US from turning the tide? We should put some more effort in creating great content again... Conspiracy and paranormal threads for example have become a very rare thing on ATS. Not good for a website that identifies itself as a conspiracy forum.

What is going on IS the conspiracy and paranormal...of what else matters?

The threads of the past served their purpose...they will never be of relevance again.

Mold the parallels together and see...

(post by dresses removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog>>>> Can we get more and more pissed off at the ones SAYING we need to be wary of white supremacists and SJW fascists? Can't we all get together and rip the $#@% out of the deep state and MSM and the puppet masters? That seems like something black and white folks and everybody could all enjoy.....

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butthurtinflictor
a reply to: DAVID64
these political threads get a sh*tload of flags which means there's an audience for it.

That's just it - there's an audience. I'm training to be a part of the media now, in radio, and I'm finding that radio and media in general is a hungry beast. You have to have a new talking point every day - usually many more than just one.

The pressure to always have something interesting to talk about is difficult and when combined with the 24 hour news cycle, often more like a 4 to 8 hours, we see problems arrive.

'Stuff' is pushed out with seemingly little thought put into the effects of that content going out to the public en masse. I'm being trained to consider that but the required reflection is often missed due to time pressures and not through deliberate action.

I thought that might help make some sense of the current media landscape, but ultimately I agree with the OP.

Back to the OP's point: we're mainly seeing vocal minorities spouting points of view that are manipulating contemporary views - many of which are dangerous to society in general. Think: groupthink, newspeak, etc.

ETA: I'm not saying all content being pushed out is without an agenda. That'd be disingenuous; I am seeing stories or angles being pushed and encouraged. Many are loaded with agendas that only serve the ideologies of certain groups, typically under the guise of progressivism.
edit on 29/8/2017 by comfortablynumb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It all boils down to the fact that we've forgotten how to disagree without being disagreeable.

The other side isn't necessarily "evil", "Nazi", "Communist", "racist", "homophobe" or an "idiot" just because they believe differently than you.

Open your mind, eyes and ears and truly LISTEN to what your "opponent" is saying. Understand how they feel and think about an issue. That doesn't mean you need to agree with them, but by understanding how someone else feels and thinks about something you can evolve how you feel about that same thing. It may re-affirm your beliefs or it may make you questions them.

In the end, treat others they way you wish to be treated and we'll all get along better.

edit on 29-8-2017 by BomSquad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Excellent reply. It should have gotten 1,000 stars.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Why thank you, what a nice thing to say.

Logs off basking in the warmth of 'all those stars'...
edit on 29-8-2017 by intrptr because: change

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

I wish I could like this 1000 times.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I posted nearly the same thing on reddit 2 days ago it got 194 upvotes.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Lol no one has been standing up to it for years. They have been ignoring it. Keep it up though, you'll see what standing up to it means lol.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
imgur.com...

sorry, that's what the title of the op reminded me of. oh those redditers.. don't they like to dish it out, but can they take it just as well? not!

How calm am I?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther
Hypocracy, ignorance, dictatorship, lack of articulate control, inflammatory, offensive, paranoia and just plain insensitive, that attitude of yours is exactly how world affairs esculate to the disasterous monstrosities that humanity is facing AGAIN.
I hope you learn to live and let live and understand its not all about you and/or your point of view.
Contribute, vent, rant but do it with civility, " become a charitable human you say"! you got a cheek.
If thermo nuclear conflict and various other serious social issues a.t.m is something which according to you is our own little world of panic then perhaps you should seek surgery to remove those blinkers which clearly are obstructing your objectivity and overall perspective on OUR surroundings and immediate future.
Have a nice day.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join