It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone Just Needs to Chill the F Out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Social media has you people whipped up into a rabid frenzy, and you should know better. You all know it exists to manipulate you, yet you continue to allow it to do so.

In fact, sometimes I think you insist on being manipulated.

But the truth is: Nazis and Maoists aren't hiding around every corner, vying for control of your sociopolitical soul. In reality, most people couldn't give two s# about SJWs or white supremacists. They don't get worked up about flags and they don't get worked up about statues.

All that is actually pretty f# retarded, and I've found that it's really only online that people are this bonkers about everything. People in the real world have no idea who the hell Milo Yiannabracadabra is, and they think Antifa is a brand of cheap Greek dinner plates.

You've created your own little world of panic and paranoia here, occasionally spilling into the streets, yes, but largely an impotent construct of endless arguing and agitation.

Take a step back FFS. Stop obsessing over the "news" and chill the F out. You might find that the world is actually ok, or maybe you'll be ok with the world not being ok, but one thing is certain:

"The media" is bad for you. You already know this. Stop taking it so seriously and your outlook on life will improve. You'll be a happier and a more charitable human being to your fellow man.

You may also pick up a few IQ points.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

(Insert colloquial applause gif here)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Pointless rant that I too an guilty of from time to time.

If "they" were capable of self diagnostic and logical thought, you wouldn't have to point out how they are being manipulated and lead along like a bunch of mindless fools.

Just sit back and enjoy or ignore the show. No point in wasting any time on the million of fools in the world.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
There's not going to be a civil war. They're not going to start tarring and feathering white people at halftime shows.

Just stop.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Folks are gradually cooling off. Its the media trying to keep sh** stirred up . They still live the mantra "the more you stir sh** the more it stinks". Making a fortune off of discourse.
Good Rant
Carry on.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

You know this is only the beginning. The worse is yet to come......

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Thread of the day right there.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
All thanks to the internet. Whenever something happens anywhere in the world, you are immediately notified through the internet. Then the media takes the event and milks it as hard as it can until it dies and then some. I have a 14 year old cousin who tells me he has nightmares at least once a week of North Korea nuking us. I hope we eventually get used to having he media blasted at us 24/7 and learn to regulate it internally.

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Reminds me of this ...

I guess people just love to talk about the news, it keeps us busy. Meanwhile things of great importance are happening behind closed doors while we're being distracted by stuff that the media keeps feeding us.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I gave up awhile back. Even if you stay out of it, you get labeled. I found better things to do than keep participating in all this and there's a few who keep throwing out accusations, keeping the pot stirred. Been working on new Japanese joinery techniques and new furniture designs. I come to ATS, read, laugh and then go back to building furniture. ATS is no longer a conspiracy site, it's just another Reddit or Twitter now.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Exactly, I've been lurking for a long time now but only registered recently, I saw the shift happen, from cool paranormal and conspiracy threads to antifa this antifa that, trump this trump that, statue this statue that, nazi this nazi that, and I can go on and on... But I think you get the picture lol. But these political threads get a sh*tload of flags which means there's an audience for it. It seems like many of the old contributers became lazy or they packed their bags and left..

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Folks are gradually cooling off. Its the media trying to keep sh** stirred up . They still live the mantra "the more you stir sh** the more it stinks". Making a fortune off of discourse.
Good Rant
Carry on.

The media makes money off of clicks for nickels now.
The more clicks the more nickels.
That's why the polarization is as such...

Been that way since print was accessible to all.
But feel free to yell "librul snowflake, or Neo-Nazi conservitard" till you are blue in the face.

The real powers that be will make sure there will be a nasty war for you. Nothing domestic mind you. but you should bet your ass there will be jets flying overhead at the Super Bowl this year and "I'm proud to be an American" by Al Greenwood while our kids are dying somewhere.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Best rant I've seen in some time. When Katrina happened the country banded together watched and donated money to help the FEMA screw up.

Texas is getting slammed and the country is stuck on sensationalized "talking points" and feeding the manufactued division.

Its madness.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Butthurtinflictor

Not that long ago, when we were actually more worried about Why all this was happening, members would have been digging for behind the scenes manipulations, who was doing it, why they were doing it and what their goals were. Now..pft...like I said, just another Twitter.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
And as far as social media goes...just looking for "likes"
Of course they had to take a break from their "Housewives of...." long enough to post what their "informed" neighbor told them...

Yes . I am laughing at those folks....
See my sig.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

But the truth is: Nazis and Maoists aren't hiding around every corner, vying for control of your sociopolitical soul.

But thats what the main stream media wants us to think. The same way they wanted us to believe terrorists are everywhere, that Hillary was winning or that Russians hacked the election. Or that Assad gasses his own people. Or that lil Kim is the one threatening the world.

Don't take it personal, the agenda driven fake news believes, just like Goebbels did, that if you repeat a lie over and over eventually people will believe it.

Thats the agenda and thats how you know who is behind driving that very agenda, even here.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Butthurtinflictor

It's not necessarily the subject matter--it's the way the subject matter is engaged.

People used to look at news stories to pick them apart and separate fact from fiction, somewhat objectively. Now they're used as tools of spite to piss off the opposition. There is no objective search for truth here anymore. It's become about which propaganda, and means of disseminating it, is more effective.

Instead of denying ignorance, people trip over themselves to be the first to use one's ignorance against them.

Just to win an argument. Nothing that happens here has any bearing or value in the real world.

We used to shake things up. Now we're stuck in the blender with everyone else.
edit on 8/27/17 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmperorZeno
All thanks to the internet. Whenever something happens anywhere in the world, you are immediately notified through the internet. Then the media takes the event and milks it as hard as it can until it dies and then some. I have a 14 year old cousin who tells me he has nightmares at least once a week of North Korea nuking us. I hope we eventually get used to having he media blasted at us 24/7 and learn to regulate it internally.

I grew up in the '80's.
Reagan pumped up the military and the number of bombs until it exceeded the next ten countries combined for military expense.

The nightmares are still there. The Day After. On the Beach. A Boy and His Dog. A Canticle for Liebowitz...
Nothing new under the sun.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

But the truth is: Nazis and Maoists aren't hiding around every corner, vying for control of your sociopolitical soul. In reality, most people couldn't give two s# about SJWs or white supremacists. They don't get worked up about flags and they don't get worked up about statues.

I suppose you have a point there somewhere, though I would worry some about Nazis and Methodists, the feckers all want you to do everything on your knees...difficult as that may be most of the time!

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I've been trying to ignore most of the rampant negativity lately. I haven't watched TV in forever. Haven't logged onto Twitter in many months. No Facebook. Avoid Tumblr like the plague.

I still skim the news from my fav aggregator site, but honestly, I'm enjoying myself listening to documentaries now and not missing the rest.

I really want Trump to do well for all of America's sake, but I'm really just uncertain how things are going to play out until the end. America just needs to ignore the screeching of the media and frankly, it might be best to not bother with reading Trumps tweets. Those seem to generate the highest amount of negativity and arguments in people online.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join