It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America experiencing it's own Maoist Cultural Revolution?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

You have a Senator calling for Trump to be taken out:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

All you need to do is look at ATS, Berkeley, Charlottesville to see that free expression isn't any more.

The reason why it has become my "go-to" point is because I think that free expression is a good litmus test to determine how free a society is at any given time.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Which got her removed from all Senatorial committees, leaving her absolutely powerless.

link   

When you have your President giving the orders for what is taking place, you then might have a point.

Until then the answer is still No.

link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Still it is disturbing that there are people who want to emulate Mao even after history shows that his policies ended in failure.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Really? Who is that big shot who wants to rule the US all alone and with an iron fist? Trump?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

All you need to do is look at ATS, Berkeley, Charlottesville to see that free expression isn't any more.

The reason why it has become my "go-to" point is because I think that free expression is a good litmus test to determine how free a society is at any given time.

It is not a nationwide phenomena though. Nobody in the other 99% of the nation gives a crap what they do at Berkeley. The Media hypes these choice radical Left specific locations and creates a false narrative that the sentiment and actions taken there applies across the country.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Still it is disturbing that there are people who want to emulate Mao even after history shows that his policies ended in failure.

Maoism is a world wide movement. They will attempt to rise where they see a crack to sneak in from. Commies do what commies do no matter their flavor.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The mistake some are making is in drawing an exact comparison. There are parallels. Both are campus spawned movements that have moved on to attempting to purge culture in the name of cleansing the past.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Meanwhile, failed rocker and draft dodger Ted Nugent was a stand-up guy when he REPEATEDLY called for the assassination of the last President, eh?

Nothing like consistency in belief.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Peeple

Well give it some time. Eventually that might come. Something tells me this might be a testing ground for something far bigger......

Right now they seemed to be starting small.
edit on 8/27/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

It is not a nationwide phenomena though. Nobody in the other 99% of the nation gives a crap what they do at Berkeley. The Media hypes these choice radical Left specific locations and creates a false narrative that the sentiment and actions taken there applies across the country.

I think it's far more pervasive than is being reported.

Hell, the media is as culpable if not more.

Mao didn't convert everyone in China, there were those that simply didn't care or didn't want to get involved with any opposition until it was too late.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

I think it's far more pervasive than is being reported.

Hell, the media is as culpable if not more.

Mao didn't convert everyone in China, there were those that simply didn't care or didn't want to get involved with any opposition until it was too late.

There was no opposition to Mao because he ruled with an iron grip, there was never a possibility of opposition to his rule. He changed peoples perspective to get them to leave their fields and migrate to cities. They literally traded in their farm tools to fuel the factories. Then they all died of mass starvation just so he could jump start his industrialization. Largest controlled mass movement of sheeple to the slaughter in history.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
No, the Cultural Revolution at least produced some cool songs.

This is nothing but chaos.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You guys are so funny.

One minute, you're crowing about how you and people who think like you are the overwhelming majority in this country, and the next, you're fretting about being taken over by a bunch of university profs and kids.

Which is it?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

THE IDEA of terrorism is anonymity silly or they would get CAUGHT ,hence MASKS.
BESIDES the DOJ is JUST now shaking down that web page ...patence.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Its coming, just wait for 2020. The Leftist Democrat backlash will be swift, relentless and unforgiving.

You aint seen nothing yet.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Its coming, just wait for 2020. The Leftist Democrat backlash will be swift, relentless and unforgiving.

You aint seen nothing yet.

You mean they'll come for the vast right-wing conspiracy, er, white supremacists the same way the Visitors came for the scientists?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

There's some serious house cleaning to be done.
I'm only following a couple of the investigations but if even half of what's coming out about the corruption in government is true, Trumps got a real battle on his hands.

Jared and Elizabeth Beck failed to get a lawsuit off the ground against the DNC but I doubt it will end there. Some interesting sounds about Awans arrest being made, too.

edit on 27-8-2017 by Tulpa because: Spilling

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

He'll never win, the lawyers have him corralled by their factions who know the game and the prior administration's traitorous holdovers floating in the system and the RINOs OWN security, secrecy and are run by the bigger banks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join