It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Linksunten.Indymedia" verboten

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This one probably went below your radar, too. Antifa and all that...

Justifying the ban, de Maizière said that the measures were a "consistent" action against "left-wing extremist hate speech," before adding, "The call for violence against police officers and their description as 'pigs' and 'murderers' is supposed to legitimize violence against policemen. It is the expression of an attitude that tramples on human dignity."
But Left party parliamentarian Ulla Jelpke countered that while she condemns "any sort of call to violence," her party still sees the ban as an "illegitimate act of censorship, and a willful cut in the freedom of speech and press freedom."
"I find a lot of the things on this page very stupid - I can't condone a lot of it," she added. "If you have articles that are anti-capitalist, but otherwise are not prosecutable - our constitution allows you to be anti-capitalist. So the question is - who does it affect tomorrow, people who support anti-capitalist politics?"...

Interior Ministry shuts down, raids left-wing German Indymedia site

Where are our Free Speech advocates now? Any comments?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

It's gonna get even worse in a couple of years or so from now. Im glad I'm not in Europe right now, it's like people are sitting ducks waiting the whole system to collapse on them.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blender5L
a reply to: PublicOpinion

It's gonna get even worse in a couple of years or so from now. Im glad I'm not in Europe right now, it's like people are sitting ducks waiting the whole system to collapse on them.

Actually the European economies are just starting to pick themselves up out of the hole a little.

The UK has started flagging due to Brexit though.

And no doubt we'll all get wiped out when the next American bubble bursts. But hey.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

#BlameAnti-Capitalists
#MoronsAtWork
#DeMisere
#ICouldDoThisAllDayLong

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
But you know it´s election campaign?
And you know that in a normal way DeMaiziere couldn´t close down this site?
He had to declare Linksunten.Indymedia to an association first. Then he could forbid Linksunten and close down the website. Many lawyers call that an attack of the BMI on the freedom of speech.

The whole incident was accompanied by the Springer press, a journalist called Martin Lutz(Welt, Welt online etc) came up with "evidence" the whole right in the former allegedly USA is laughing about, if their journalists come up with "evidence" like:

"Confidential documents" that only he had and has access too, he is the only person on earth that allegedly ever saw this confidential documents that mysterious and secret staff of the security authorities gave him. Not only one time, this Springer journalist is known for that behaviour. And you know that Springer is not known for leaning left. Now it was the "Confidential risk assessment of the BKA"... Credibility=Zero!

Even another journalist of the Welt said that Linksunten was a good website that documented the autonomous and their behaviour quite good. And even a member of the BDK said that the platform was important for police work, to keep the scene, their plans in view. And we shouldn´t forget that one could read about all the "coincidences, flops, fumbles and failures" in the NSU case, that first were "just conspicary theories", but now are reality, by the people accepted reality. Was that maybe a reason for the rulers too, to close down linksunten?

Here is an interesting link to Cives to an article with the title #Linksunten: Wahlkampfhilfe durch angebliches Geheimdokument/ #Linksunten: Electoral aid by an allegedly secret document. I am sorry that is only in german.

Another thing is, if you lean more to the right, you shouldn´t be happy about the rulers and their banning of left websites(and vice versa). Don´t forget that next time it could be your side again, that is hit. Like it happened with Altermedia in 2016, a rightwinger website. Now it is the left.

And at the end we have just ruler conform opinions left...

P.S.
I visited linksunten a couple of times because of the NSU case, that is long ago. I didn´t visit it more often because i couldn´t stand some of the crap that was written there. Even if people describe me as a more left leaning person. But it was almost the same BS that is propagated on rightwinger sites. Both sides are not drawers i would fit in, even not under pressure. Stereotyped thinking is for others, i don´t let myself be put into drawers, by others.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Agreed.

Also, there was a highly intriguing open letter from shop owners in Hamburg posted on indymedia after the G20 protests. Which adds to your points. And not that I condone violence, but slings and bats a matter of national security? Holy crapgranade, that's more than the usual election circlejerk Bollocks.

new topics

top topics

join