It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube is using blacklists to target specific channels

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Instead, I saw nothing but results telling me how Trump is racist, his presidency is failing, and he... get this... refuses to condemn racism.

That's the dimension these people inhabit... Trump is basically Hitler, he cannot do anything right despite doing an immense amount of work in the short time he's been in office, and he must be taken down at all costs. They've got a very intense form of tunnel vision happening and they're using their search engine and YouTube to enforce that tunnel vision onto everyone else. Sorry but some people can see reality without needing to be told how to see reality. No amount of psyop bullcrap is going to win over society and turn us all into liberals I'm sorry to inform the control freaks.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Sorry but some people can see reality without needing to be told how to see reality. No amount of psyop bullcrap is going to win over society and turn us all into liberals I'm sorry to inform the control freaks.

Lets pretend for a second this is message that should be heard by everyone on the planet.

How do we go about getting it out, in a way that is universally understood. ?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I did a Google search for "Trump condemns racism". Google didn't show me anything about his speech.

originally posted by: growler

I did a Google search for "Trump condemns racism". Google didn't show me anything about his speech.

that's because he didn't, he called them good folks and invented a word blaming that.

if you're upset his lies are being clamped down on just check the threads here, loads of people reinterpret what he says to fit their agenda then blame the media for not picking up on their fantasy scenario.

it's about time social media stopped retards posting lies it's not gonna stop them complaining here though, is it.

Are you seriously sitting there claiming Trump never condemned racism, while his quote doing exactly that is right in front of you? Stop lying.

“Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans,”
“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence,” ... “It has no place in America.”
- President Trump

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

We shouldn't try to universally convince people like Google does, we just let people figure it out on their own.

One does not need to be convinced the truth is in fact the truth.
edit on 27/8/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Trump certainly did condemn racists in that speech, and he has done so on many other occasions:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sorry but some people can see reality without needing to be told how to see reality. No amount of psyop bullcrap is going to win over society and turn us all into liberals I'm sorry to inform the control freaks.

Lets pretend for a second this is message that should be heard by everyone on the planet.

How do we go about getting it out, in a way that is universally understood. ?

The problem isn't finding a way to spread a message, the problem is preventing private interests from controlling what messages people see or do not see and using various tools and manipulation tactics to control what people think.
How do we do that? Make it illegal. Make it illegal for Google to purposefully hide search results that present views they disagree with. Make it illegal for Facebook to show specific posts all over your user feed so as to incite specific emotional reactions from you, leading up to specific political advertisements and thereby causing you to be more likely to view such advertisements in either a favorable or unfavorable manner. Make it illegal for Youtube to deny income to channels they decide they don't like. Make it illegal for media outlets to lie and make up stories rather than simply reporting the news. Etc etc, you get the idea.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Youtube is a business and has the right to block whatever they want.

Censorship isn't 'business', its suppressing freedom of speech.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

Trump certainly did condemn racists in that speech, and he has done so on many other occasions:

Condemning hate groups from a pulpit is easy. How hateful was dropping a MOAB on Afghanistan? Shooting up a Syrian airbase with 59 cruise missiles?

Talking out both sides of his mouth. Hating on hate at home, while sowing death and destruction overseas.

edit on 27-8-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Condemning hate groups from a pulpit is easy. How hateful was dropping a MOAB on Afghanistan? Shooting up a Syrian airbase with 59 cruise missiles?

Probably not as hateful as women being put to death for being raped.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Dogmatic propaganda.

A bomb 'rapes' everyone inside its blast radius.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

As far as I know many of the missiles didn't even make it to the airbase and no one was killed, and the damage caused by the ones which did make it was easily repaired in a few days. Seems to me like Trump just shot off a few missiles because he was expected to do something by the lunatic liberals who are convinced Assad is a monster who gasses his own people. Seeing as Trump recently renounced all support for Syrian rebels who are basically working along side ISIS, I'd say Trump is aware that the rebels are usually the ones behind the chemical attacks on the population of Syria. You are right though Trump is appeasing the war machine a bit more than I'd like, however I also think he needed to step up the fight against terrorists in certain places so it's not entirely fair to criticize him for doing just that.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

however I also think he needed to step up the fight against terrorists in certain places so it's not entirely fair to criticize him for doing just that.

The war on terror is lost too. Empires always bite off more than they can chew, spreading themselves to thin, occupying more territory than they can maintain. Then come the refugees and the blow back. See EU.

The censorship in Media is downplaying (omitting) the real hate overseas (war for regime change) and supplanting that with "Trumped up" non issues at home.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I am not sure it's a conspiracy so much as some kind of insane ad blocker censor.

It's even hit one of my favorite cheesy movie review sites.

This channel is not in any way political, but he's having issues with it too.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrderLet me assure you, censoring content creators will do the opposite of maximize revenue.

Will it? I am sure YouTube have marched an army of accountants and analysts at this problem, and are doing so so that advertisers actually get benefits for advertising. It's a business, both for YouTube and the people who post the content. It's not censorship, it's ignoring content that does not make them money.

As time goes on YouTube will gradually exploit its monopoly and the company will get richer, or rather Google will get richer. The only way to react to Google's intent to screw people is for people to stop using them.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

a reply to: frenchfries

wasn't their motto don't be evil, where the hell did that concept go, because it seems pretty damn evil to strip a person of their livelihood because they have a different political ideology than you.

I have a real problem with this idea that just because Youtube is running their site their own way that anyone who is hosted for free is "Losing their livelihood". That's some very messed up thought process.

Just like ATS it's YouTubes house, so their rules.

DerBeobachter said it perfectly, don't like the rules? build your own website. Just because Youtube was a shortcut to make a little cash doesn't mean it was "the normal way" to build a business. Youtube has spend millions building it's platform so they get to pick who it benefits. Same as google, same as any website owner.

It's ironic the same people who are whining about being censored agreed to Youtubes terms of service, no?
Biting the hand that feeds you much? It's pretty tacky to be complaining about a FREE PLATFORM.

It's been a "Given" for many years that the larger websites have agenda's and biases, not too much different than the YouTubers who delete comments they don't agree with on their channels. I would think the larger problem is the generation who grew up with these sites already established never had to THINK THRU what's given up for access thru the T&C's of each site or REALLY understand how insidious data mining is, how that data is used, aggregated or understand how the internet developed and was monetized.

They just jumped onto it, made a couple of video's and expected to reap some benefits.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I think the issue, and the video I posted covers it, is that there is an arbitrary imposition of a new formula that makes it very difficult to figure out what is and is not acceptable and there may not even be a human review at the end of an appeals process.

And the new rules were very poorly explained.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You definitely have a point, I've seen many gaming channels that I follow get many of their videos demonetized for no clear reason. I could be a bot that decides on its own what channels to target, because it's also pretty clear not all channels are getting hit the same way. Some are having all their videos demonetized instantly after they are uploaded, other are having only some of their videos demonetized, and others are having none of their videos demonetized. In any case it's clear the adpocalypse is affecting most content creators regardless of what type of content they produce, and that is clearly not a good thing for YouTube.

Even the legendary ReviewBrah is doing it tough, lmao:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Youtube OWNS it's platform and certainly has the right to restrict content. They have no control over the entire internet or the dark web so you're a little off base with this line of thinking.

Anyone can purchase some servers, do their own website hosting and say whatever they want too.
To do that they'd have to put their money where their mouth is tho....it's just easier for them to scream like a two year old and have tiny temper tantrums instead.

Surprisingly I usually enjoy reading your posts intrptr!
How's your weekend going? Someone pee in your wheaties? Usually you're sharper than this.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

THAT I agree with.

More clarity on how to navigate Youtubes in's and outs is necessary and it's possible they are rolling out some new business model and doing it poorly. It's also possible one division's ideas had some unforeseen consequences?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I have a real problem with this idea that just because Youtube is running their site their own way that anyone who is hosted for free is "Losing their livelihood". That's some very messed up thought process.

Here's a quote from the WeAreChange video I posted on the first page...

I woke up this morning to find 660 of videos mine, on my channel, demonetized...

660 of them, basically eviscerating my main source of revenue for this news organization.

I'm sorry but I think is a little bit unfair for YouTube to have their ToS, to which I followed, and I haven't even been cursing in any of my videos, some of them are not controversial at all, and YouTube invite people to this platform, which I joined and put my entire life into, was living off of, then YouTube say you know what we're going to change our ToS.

Just try to watch the sad, sad video below and tell me YouTube isn't putting people on the streets:

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join