It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing video: Hawk flies into cab for safety during Harvey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Amazing video: Hawk flies into cab for safety during Harvey

A scared hawk wouldn't leave a cab during the hurricane. Animals, of course, are sentient beings, worried and affected just like humans during a storm. With my experience with birds and hurricane, they do try to seek a safe place, as they cannot fly well, etc in a storm.

What do you do in that situation, a caring heart had this in store:

Harvey the Hurricane Hawk hunkering down.

The man brought him home as seen in the video. Harvey was later was released to a wildlife rescue.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Not buying it. This guy owned a hawk already and is bull#ting everyone.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I hope he allowed the hawk to stay! Poor thing is clearly scared of the storm, and could use the shelter. A tree won't cut it in a hurricane! I'd leave the bird there. They seek shelter like any other animal, and if a door was opened, and the hawk was right there, it would take what it could find.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I tend to agree. How many Hawk stories do we have from any other hurricane from any other era. The animals know of the storm way before the weather people do, If not we would see dead wild life all over the damn place after hurricanes, tornados, and severe thunderstorms. That birds first instinct IMHO is to stay as far away from humans as possible. Storm or no storm. a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker

That's what I am thinking. Any video of him migrating the bird into the house?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

That's what I am thinking. Any video of him migrating the bird into the house?

Yes, see here:

If you go to Youtube you'll see the series of videos.

Hawk going to the rescue:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

See my post above plus this Article on the story.

Sure he seems to know what he is doing with the Coopers hawk, which is good, as well as the hawk may have an injured wing. Otherwise seems to check out as real. After all looks like he's in an apartment building-probably no pets or one with deposits, to boot on top of wildlife laws against owning these. Sharing videos would surely have him on the radar for getting into trouble if he is keeping wildlife.
edit on 27-8-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Thanks! It's a little odd that the bird is in fear for it's life but lets a human take care of it. I am thinking this bird may have been rescued before, if not staged. Doesn't seem to be though.
edit on 27-8-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Them is some country boys!! 'There's Harvey the hawk, just being a Hawk" absolutely brilliant analysis of a hawk lol!!

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
What a beautiful thing to see! Thank you for sharing this lovely story of Harvey the hawk!

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
harvey the hawk seems pretty 'markettable' to me lol.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I don't understand why this is so unbelievable to some folks. Contrary to the modern digital delusion, some people did grow up comfortably in and around wildlife (as we're supposed to).

Props to the cab driver, great story.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
It flew in the cab to get shelter from the hurricane, so his window was down or he went out and opened a door for a quick second, during the hurricane?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
It flew in the cab to get shelter from the hurricane, so his window was down or he went out and opened a door for a quick second, during the hurricane?

I'm guessing when he opened the door.

new topics

top topics

join