It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Chat with Charlottesville VA Eyewitness

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
she said that a women from the restaurant knocked on the window of the car telling him he couldn't go that way, they seem to exchange a few lines with each other..
we see on the video that the driver tears down at least one block before he crashes into the group of people..
and she says that many of the group that were in the restaurant were hit when be backed up from the crash. on the videos, I see people getting hit within the groups of people, and a few that were running up to the car... most of who kind of look like they may have been antifa...
also there really isn't many people on the street further up on this road.
so how could the group coming out of the restaurant have made it down to the accident scene quick enough to get hit while he was backing up???

edit on 27-8-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
she said that a women from the restaurant knocked on the window of the car telling him he couldn't go that way, they seem to exchange a few lines with each other.

Well, two lines that we know of... the lady telling him he couldn't get through and his reply that he would get through.

She also talked about a woman who hit the Challenger with her hand and fell down after the impact, and she said thought it was strange... me too. I don't know if it's relevant here or not.

we see on the video that the driver tears down at least one block before he crashes into the group of people.

Can you share a link to the video you're thinking of please? I'm not finding one start to finish, so I'd really like to see what you're seeing -- both in order to respond, and just for my own information!

From her version, it seems to me that the driver would have been stopped at or near the alleyway when he "nailed it." And the alleyway would be on the east, the driver's lefthand side. If there's a video showing the moment he nails it, then that might prove or disprove her story, depending on the position of the camera and breadth of the video.

and she says that many of the group that were in the restaurant were hit when be backed up from the crash. on the videos, I see people getting hit within the groups of people, and a few that were running up to the car...

"Running up to the car..." That's just crazy! But yeah, that's what happened. She did mention that they could not see the damage from their position behind him. I guess some folks went to see what happened?

also there really isn't many people on the street further up on this road.
so how could the group coming out of the restaurant have made it down to the accident scene quick enough to get hit while he was backing up???

Um... I'm not sure what you're asking. The folks from the restaurant were already at the street when it took place, and if some are running towards the scene of impact and the vehicle is reversing from the scene of impact towards the folks from the restaurant... well... it seems pretty self-explanatory. So I must be missing something!

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

here are the different views that I know exists:

got to about the 5:30 mark if you don't want to hear him talking...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Thank you!

I'll watch them now...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Damn! Those are hard to watch

But none of them show his starting point or the beginning of his rampage. And I cannot for the life of me find even one news article that describes where he was in that moment he "nailed it." Unless and until we have that, there's no one to contradict what this woman is saying.

It does appear that he backed all the way to and across Main Street, where we see "The Impeccable Pig" on the NW corner/passenger side of the vehicle. And I read a headline to the effect that he was seen trying to get away on Market Street, so perhaps he backed all the way up to Market Street from Waters Street. I don't know.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

but the further up you go, the further you get away from where the crash actually happened, and did you see anyone get hit that far away from the actual crash???

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

but the further up you go, the further you get away from where the crash actually happened...

I still don't understand the distinction you're trying to make! I'm really not trying to be dense... but sometimes I don't have to try...

Of course the further he/we go, the further he/we gets from the point of impact.

...and did you see anyone get hit that far away from the actual crash???

Not that I recall. But by that time, folks had plenty of time and warning to get out of the way.

And in terms of the folks from the restaurant, if I understand correctly that she was at the intersection of the road and the alleyway at the point of acceleration, she would have been about 75 ft from the point of impact, on the east side of 4th and to the driver's left. That's not very far at all. And in theory, at least, those folks would have been able to see what was coming as soon as he nailed it, and could have been running towards the crash before the crash even happened -- and already running towards him when he reversed. Perhaps even running away from him (although I sure hope not).

There were a couple videos that I noted could have been taken from that exact position, but I did not see any shots of that spot. In the vids taken from closer to the point of impact as he traveled in reverse, but due to the crowd of people in between, it was not possible to see the entry of the alley, much less who was or was not there.

The witness wasn't as specific as she could have been about some things also. She said that the folks with kids managed to slip away, but not where or when, so we don't know if that happened before or after the impact. She said that "most" of those restaurant folks who were in the street "from behind" at the point of impact were hit (but apparently not seriously injured). She did not specifically say how many -- if any -- were running towards the crash, or why they were in harm's way. Perhaps that was where the officers had herded them -- right into the street -- and they had nowhere to go. That wasn't clear either.

So there are still more questions than answers, but nothing to prove she's lying one way or another.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

ya well, like I said in my first post,
I have no problem believing that someone bussed in a bunch of actors to play parts on both sides of the conflict.
but to me, her description of how this happened just doesn't seem to be supported by any of the videos that have been posted of the crash...
I don't see how they could have been where ever the car started up the road to tell the guy he couldn't go that way, and then down by where the people were hit, even as he was backing up, that fast.
ain't out and out calling her a liar, but just don't see it...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Well, maybe someone smarter than me can help me figure out if the timing is feasible...

I don't know what year Challenger this was -- or any other specs -- but according to Car and Driver, 0-60 for the 2015 Challenger went to 6.2 from 6.4 seconds... so would it be accurate to assume 0-30 would be about 3.1 or 3.2 seconds?

And if so, how long would it take at that acceleration speed to travel 75 feet or so? Is it in the ballpark of 3 seconds? I seriously have no idea how to calculate that!

And would it accelerate at the same rate in reverse? So could we assume it would take him another 3 seconds to return to the spot he accelerated?

Someone? Anyone? Please???

edit on 27-8-2017 by Boadicea because: nevermind

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

The biggest threat to any government is a man/woman who promotes peace.

These guys are like a fly in the ointment.

I'm not entirely sure what they stand for, but they make reasonable points.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I like what these guys are saying, they're being decent, which is more than i can say about many other violent groups i've seen recently. They like most of us, just want peace.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

They've taken the higher ground over the woman with the sirens in the other video.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yes, It's about time someone did

edit on 27-8-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
Great idea with the traffic cams!

To me the best way to avoid these thugs is to stay as far from them as possible. Hateful people yelling obscenities at each other holds no attraction for me. But I understand that the BigSix love this. Brings to mind a Don Henley number:

We've got a whole new class of opiates
To blunt the stench of discontent In these corporation nation-states
Where the loudest live to trample on the least
They say it's just the predatory nature of the beast

But, the barons in the balcony are laughing
And pointing to the pit
They say, "Aw look, they've grown accustomed to the smell
Now, people love that spit
And we're workin' it." Workin' it

I hope the "barons in the balcony" are identified and exposed.

It will be interesting to see what charges are brought. And how they are resolved.

Let's just hope they actually have some footage! Wouldn't be the first time police were ordered to stand down, of course. Will have to look up that song!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Just finished listening to the video. That's beyond disturbing! I don't think she's lying.

Thank you -- I agree!

Most welcome!

This was a planned, paid, faked event. Black activist groups and white activist groups riding in on the same buses??? Armed, tossing things at all and sundry?

This bothers me greatly. It's one thing when it's a bunch of rabblerousers squaring off against themselves. They're adults and they volunteered for the job knowing exactly what they're getting into. I'm not saying it's good or noble, but it's a level playing field. It's totally different when innocent unarmed and unprepared bystanders are targeted and attacked. Isn't that a genuine domestic terrorist by definition? Violent attacks against civilians to create terror for a political end???

I'd say so! Past time these people were called terrorists, and those paying them were tracked down, and arrested as well. It would be nice, too, if the media stopped calling crap like this a "protest", when it's nothing of the sort. Legal protest is peaceful. Loud, perhaps, but not violent.

I find it quite interesting, too, that she says the woman killed was in favor of the statues remaining.

And yet she's been described as being with the counter-protesters. Is it possible she was protesting the outsiders coming into her town to make trouble and not protesting the statues?

I wonder if we will ever know. Her mother is speaking out, but who knows if she's actually on the same side as her daughter was or not. Either way, there is a pic of the car being hit with what looks like a flag pole, so he could have been fleeing, and the white supremacist group it's claimed he was part of says he was NOT, that items he held were given out for free to whoever asked for them.

So, targeted by a claimed "white supremacist", why, exactly? That would make no sense. Seems more likely this guy was part of the paid group, and hit people to further their agenda.

It does seem more likely...

That, or he's a plant, placed there to look like one of them, to make it look like they were violent. All this, and that's the ONLY violence from the so-called right? After all the real violence from the Left? Seems suspicious to me.

THIS is a reason to carry a gun. Be armed, anywhere and everywhere, all the time. Be ready to defend against these terrorist, anarchist scumbags.

I do believe this is why the Phoenix rally didn't turn out the way the Charlottesville did... or Berkeley, and a whole host of others. We have open carry. Chances are good that whoever you target will be armed and ready to use it.

True story that seems to apply here: Years ago, some friends from New York were visiting. I took them to a Mexican restaurant, and they have a sign on the door asking patrons to leave firearms in their vehicles. My friends laughed and thought it was some kind of wild west joke... I explained that it wasn't a joke, that both open and concealed carry are legal, but that businesses also have the right to deny firearms on their premises. They thought it was outright bat# crazy. Not half an hour later, they were talking about blackouts and looting in New York City... I told them we have blackouts every year during monsoon season and looting is never ever a problem... because everyone is armed and no one is going to take that chance!

I think so, too. Same reason we don't even see "protests" like that where I live. Too many carry here, many openly, and what little we see is always calm.

Now that's funny! In your place, I'd have picked a different restaurant, but that's just me! Even in Houston, though, which isn't really like most of Texas, there isn't nearly the looting we saw in New Orleans. Go figure!!

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

the white supremacist group it's claimed he was part of says he was NOT, that items he held were given out for free to whoever asked for them.

That's good to know -- thank you! I hadn't heard that before, but I had wondered about that. Especially how quickly that group photo (with him literally front and center) showed up.

...or he's a plant, placed there to look like one of them, to make it look like they were violent. All this, and that's the ONLY violence from the so-called right? After all the real violence from the Left? Seems suspicious to me.

I have wondered about that as well. Especially because the entire thing seems to have been staged in a particular manner for a particular purpose for a particular result. Nothing seems genuine about this "protest" at all. Even the car running into the crowd... why was the maroon van at the intersection literally parked at the intersection where it was hit 10 minutes before the impact? And the reverse driving for that long and that fast??? I know how to drive in reverse like that because we had a long driveway growing up and if vehicles were parked in the turnout (and I was too impatient to wait for someone to move!) then I backed out. I made my kids learn as well, which we did by going to an empty parking lot and they practiced backing up within the parking lines. So it's not rocket science, of course, but most people don't have to back up long ways and so they couldn't do it that straight and that fast.

It's just all so fishy.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

the white supremacist group it's claimed he was part of says he was NOT, that items he held were given out for free to whoever asked for them.

That's good to know -- thank you! I hadn't heard that before, but I had wondered about that. Especially how quickly that group photo (with him literally front and center) showed up.

...or he's a plant, placed there to look like one of them, to make it look like they were violent. All this, and that's the ONLY violence from the so-called right? After all the real violence from the Left? Seems suspicious to me.

I have wondered about that as well. Especially because the entire thing seems to have been staged in a particular manner for a particular purpose for a particular result. Nothing seems genuine about this "protest" at all. Even the car running into the crowd... why was the maroon van at the intersection literally parked at the intersection where it was hit 10 minutes before the impact? And the reverse driving for that long and that fast??? I know how to drive in reverse like that because we had a long driveway growing up and if vehicles were parked in the turnout (and I was too impatient to wait for someone to move!) then I backed out. I made my kids learn as well, which we did by going to an empty parking lot and they practiced backing up within the parking lines. So it's not rocket science, of course, but most people don't have to back up long ways and so they couldn't do it that straight and that fast.

It's just all so fishy.

I agree! The whole things screams of being a staged event. I read in more than one place online that they group denied he was a member. I believe them. No violence from any of these groups, except this ONE case, and it's all kinds of fishy? Seems planned, staged to make it look like that group is bad, while ignoring all of the violence from the "opposing" groups.

Plus, this witness seems sincere. If she's faking, she needs a career in acting, because I believe her, and I am far from gullible. I would like to actually see her, to better judge, but don't think we will have that chance, and can't blame here there.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join