It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leftists Group Wants to Kick Veterans out of College

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Ummm...you said...Head Crab...

Someone's been playing in "The Orange Box"...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Ha well spotted, but I was an original Half Life player when it first came out so actually long before the Orange Box idea and back when valve was a well little toddler of a company and they were part of Sierra back then.
Jokes aside I could not print what I would have because you know, sensibility's and foul language, that said it seem's as fitting a model as anything, a group of mindless idiots following some loud mouth somewhere like brainless zombies or cult members and attacking anything and everything like they have nary a brain cell between them and then they have the gall to call for the exclusion of other people simply because those people did what they would never have had the gut's to do themselves, fight for there nation, oh they would fight to tear it down, always so much easier to destroy than to build after all.

I could have called them flood but then the flood were just the head crab's stolen from valve by bungie.

edit on 26-8-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

The American left is currently obsessed with identity politics and the removal of anything they deem offensive.

They aren't interested in bringing people together. They aren't interested in discussion of ideas. It's their way or the highway.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I went to college late. I was 37 and a Navy veteran. The first day of class I had an orientation in the Student Union. I had to sign in and wear a name tag. All of the the student groups were there. I talked to a pretty girl at the Young Republicans table, walked past ignoring the Young Democrats and laughed at Code Pink. When I was leaving my first class the instructor pulled me aside and told me if didn't come back to class he would give me a C, if I came back he would fail me. I asked what did I do for this? He told me that he didn't like the military. I asked how he knew that I was a vet? The name tags were color coded. When I got to my next class there was a message for me to report to the Dean of Students after class. I was told that there were complaints about me from some of the student groups. I told him that I would leave them alone if they left me alone. He said that would be fine and would let them know. I said great and that I had to go I had a date with the faculty advisor of the Young Republicans.
I went to that class every time and got an A the Department Head checked every paper before I handed it in.

What got me was that some of those people who complained about me, were some of the same people who waited for me at the door to the parking lot after night classes. It was an open secret that I carried a pistol (legally) and the college was in a high crime part of town.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

The American left is currently obsessed with identity politics and the removal of anything they deem offensive.

They aren't interested in bringing people together. They aren't interested in discussion of ideas. It's their way or the highway.

They use the term 'anti-facist and anti neo Nazi' as an excuse for violence and as pressure to hinder others from speaking out against the encroachment of Marxism and suppression of free speech and peaceful protest.

These left-wing groups are not what you think they are and their rhetoric is a mask for who they really are.

Those that see this side of the antifa and BLM people, are onto what their true intentions are. Americans should not allow this kind of "fundamental transformation" to take place. Their so-called resistance techniques need to be exposed.

edit on 26-8-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
Is it legal to just ban stupid people from universities?

We should just do that.

Then they wouldn't remain financially solvent.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I liked how he phrased this...

"Beyond the fact that the authors’ position is illegal, it is also wrong...

He's absolutely spot on with that.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

In today's world, the proper response I think is to show up and counter protest (riot) until they are intimidated into never speaking again.

link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

They are textbook hypocrite's, wonder if they ever grew up to realize there error, that instructor/lecturer should have been fired by the educational institute, indeed there should be state level board's to whom you should be able to report such idiot's and I do wonder how such a person every became a teacher in the first place.

Most of my college lecturers over here in the UK were actually former service personnel, my electronic's lecturer's were a former Navy Artificer (engineer) and a former RAF flight engineer.

Only my Chemistry class and biology were civilian, one was an academic, quiet spoken fellow and he never discriminated against anyone and the other was a female multiple PHD Chemist and physicist, they were great and helped those whom struggled as well, hell I even had a greenpiece paid up member whom was quite pro-active in his belief's and even he would have been utterly disgusted at that Instructor/lecturer you had there.

Sound's like some of your lecturers are more the teachers pet kind and you also suffered discrimination based on your age group since you were likely close in age to your lecturers, they like young malleable mind's and they probably knew that you could have told them thing's they could never learn without also serving in your branch of the services.

It is however part and parcel of life, we meet unpleasant and decent folk's in all nation's and every walk of life, still that was both unprofessional of him/her and also morally wrong.

link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

You might short 'em out.

link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I can believe it. Most people we meet are very respectful of veterans, but there are people around who believe vets shouldn't have the rights they fought to protect for all. People, also, who believe vets are all some sort of programmed "killing machines", etc. It's stupid, but it happens. As for these clowns, were I in charge there, I'd be considering removing them. If they can't respect the rights of others, why should we respect theirs?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

And the truest danger of giving in to either side, and perhaps the motivation behind this entire affair is that freedom and free speech become the victim's as government use this unrest to bring in new and draconian power's and law's.
IT happened here in the UK (though to be fair it has never really been used and remain's merely legislature for the most part) and it will happen there in the US, like I say the party's behind the scene's playing this may have been after this all along.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Meh.

I got better things to do. Rioting was so last November, or last weekend. It's time for a new way...

What say we all bow to our respective opponents, agree to disagree, and settle our differences at the ballot box--and not be sore losers if we lose...--like it was originally intended it's supposed to work.

'course, I'm old fashioned that way.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

They are projecting a distinctly elitist attitude. Remember when John Kerry maligned the service by insinuating that if you didn't get a good education or weren't smart enough, you wound up in the military? That attitude follows through on this idea of theirs.

"Troops are only fit for trade schools at best ..."

It's like the really believe only stupid idiots are in the military.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I would prefer it.

You would prefer it.

Them? They seem to have other ideas about it, and that's the problem.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Adolf Hitler.

I will tolerate no opposition. We recognize only subordination – authority downwards and responsibility upwards.You just tell the German bourgeoisie that I shall be finished with them far quicker than I shall with marxism... When once the conservative forces in Germany realize that only I and my party can win the German proletariat over to the State and that no parliamentary games can be played with marxist parties, then Germany will be saved for all time, then we can found a German Peoples State.

en.wikiquote.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
They need to change their name from "Social Justice Collective Weekly" to "Stupid Jerks Hive Weekly".

Mentally ill....I keep telling people somebody is messing with the BRAINS of these pathetic individuals.

Best response thus far! Indeed, someone is doing just that; through programming in the school system, manipulation in the media (tv shows, movies, commercials, music, etc.), and perhaps via other means as well. Diet, substances in water, air, whatever, sonic devices; who knows how many things they could do? Spiritual manipulation is part of this as well, of course!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The way I look at it is this. The brats, and there really is no other word for them, are going to overstep themselves--as we're beginning to see, finally--and there will be a backlash.

They're going to start running afoul of college admin. and, perhaps more importantly, the alumni who write those big ol' checks, and things will begin to settle out. Real world does tend to trump (pardon the pun) their fantasy world.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

That's because we're living 1984, and the entire country has become Airstrip one.

Nineteen Eighty-Four, often published as 1984, is a dystopian novel published in 1949 by English author George Orwell.[2][3] The novel is set in Airstrip One (formerly known as Great Britain), a province of the superstate Oceania in a world of perpetual war, omnipresent government surveillance,and public manipulation

The superstate is under the control of the privileged elite of the Inner Party, a party and government that persecutes individualism and independent thinking as "thoughtcrime", which is enforced by the "Thought Police".[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

1984 was suppose to be a book.

Not a way of life.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Which would, of course, explain his own military service--if that insulting statement were even true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join