It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leftest Logic: Charles Barkley Labeled "White Supremacist"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Do these people even realize how utterly stupid they sound?

They give themselves way too much credit in the brains department.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Wait, so Charles Barkley is Clayton Bigsby???

THE Clayton Bigsby that Chappelle played???

Life imitating art???

I would post the video from the Chappelle Show but Im not sure it complies with ATS TOS.

The left is LOST!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

See that's the problem.

When it suits them, it's "our" culture as in white culture, but if you are a white person, you are brought up believing that American culture is everyone's culture, not "white" or "black" or any other ethnicity.

So they get to have their own black culture and they have American culture (for all they reject it), and we are not allowed to take a "white" culture of our own until they brand us with one in a denigrating manner in order to paint us and the world around them as racist.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

See that's the problem.

When it suits them, it's "our" culture as in white culture, but if you are a white person, you are brought up believing that American culture is everyone's culture, not "white" or "black" or any other ethnicity.

So they get to have their own black culture and they have American culture (for all they reject it), and we are not allowed to take a "white" culture of our own until they brand us with one in a denigrating manner in order to paint us and the world around them as racist.

That's because so much of "our" history is thuggish colonialism:
www.nybooks.com - Indians, Slaves, and Mass Murder: The Hidden History...

Indigenous peoples were savages to be tolerated, traded and exploited wherever possible. That's our history, it's ugly. This "great" country is, in part, only existing because of this ugly history.

This country wasn't earned rightly. It was stolen.

They have a right to complain about this history--more below:
indiancountrymedianetwork.com - Genocide and Slavery: The Evil Twins of Colonialism...

February is Black History Month, a time to acknowledge African American contributions to the United States and celebrate black identity. It also inevitably means revisiting the very troubling history of this country to understand how European and American power was used to build the United States based on an ideology of the inferiority of non-white peoples. Colonization at its very core is the exploitation of non-white others to advance the economic and political agendas of those who deem themselves superior. Colonialism’s evil twins are genocide and slavery; blacks and Indians paid the highest price in the building of the United States, and we know all too well the legacy of that exploitation is still very much alive today.

edit on 8/26/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

And we all learn about it.

But there are lots of other things too. If you only dwell on the bad, you become one of those whites marching around carrying a sign that says you suck.

Pinning all your present day troubles on what a bunch of dead people did to other dead people is no excuse for how you didn't get your education when you had the chance because that would be "acting white." No one except yourself stopped you from doing that.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

A black white supremacist...

Well I'll be damned.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

See that's the problem.

When it suits who? Black Americans? So, you're accusing Black folks of what ... cultural appropriation if they identify as American and as Black?

What an SJW thing to say!

So you're speaking for all White people in the United States? You know how they were "brought up"?

Nah, I don't think so. You also don't get to speak for all Black Americans and suggest that they all reject American culture.

Of course you can talk about your White culture Ketz, feel free! Why don't you tell us what White Culture is? Define White.

"You're not going to let someone's mere words stop you from being who you are? Are you triggered, snowflake? Do you need a safe space?"

(See how insulting that crap is when it's laid at your doorstep? I don't believe it, that's why it's in quotes.)

Still though, thanks for at the very least putting on display the petty and unconscious selfish mindset shared by so many ... PS ... when you irrationally claim, as you have here that all Blacks are this way which is hateful or all Whites are that way which is preferable... that's pretty much the definition of racism.

/shrug
edit on 26-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
First, there no such thing as black or white culture, there is European, African, Euro-American culture, African-American culture Chinese, etc.... These color designations are BS.

There is no black or white culture, if there is then speak black or white...

This kind of racism we have had in the modern epoch, of course, was invented by the “white civilization” in order to justify their crimes against “colored” peoples: Native Americans, Africans and Asians—genocide, slavery, and colonialism.

That’s historically documented and there is no reasonable argument against that.

German and English “scientists” invented the idea of white superiority in the 17th and 18th centuries that marginalized all cultures but European cultures.

Consequently, Black liberation struggles are totally in response to that psychological and physical oppression.

Maybe some black people have gone too by over concentrating on race as an emotional and quasi-intellectual response to acute historical white oppression of black people, but maybe not. That’s for history to judge.

Bottom line, "black" people didn't start this!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I really feel for the Asian people who identify as black but are white supremacists

b

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
In my youth, I was taught that ''culture'' was being well versed and experienced in the higher aspects of ones historical environment. Classical music, the arts, the great books, familiarity with the great philosophers etc. Well educated. One was cultured or one was not.

Then I came to understand that culture was really the established norms of preferences actions and beliefs over a period of time for any given society. And what I find now, about this American culture is it has almost zero amount of that first definition, and if anything, being cultured in that sense seems to be looked down on as elitist and over edjumacated snobs.

That more general definition of culture, dependent upon what society one is raised in has it's limitations too. As we all know, this American culture was directed by rich white men first, and then poor white men were allowed to vote too, but only after a period of time so that the rich white men would already have solidified their hold on the economic and political directions of the country.

Ages later, women finally got the vote and then after that, people of color. You are right, we all know this.

And when you say

Pinning all your present day troubles on what a bunch of dead people did to other dead people is no excuse for how you didn't get your education when you had the chance

I agree completely with that as stated. But, and it is a big but, something happened in between all those dead guys doing bad things to other guys. And her is what I think it is.

People seek a culture to be a part of. If the prevailing culture excludes someone for something as simple as skin color, we still seek a culture to be part of. It was this exclusion that began with slavery and moved through jim crow and segregation etc, that drove people of color to develop their own culture within the society with an already established one.

There are many who chose to take the Barkley course. Condolessa Rice, Colin Powell and on and on. My neighbors. But many, like many Caucasians chose to not follow into that culture. That culture of the 1800s or even the first half of the 1900s.
Many young white people said, # it, we want our own culture, and guess what, so have many black youth. And now those youth have grown up.

I myself want nothing to do with white culture. Or black culture. To me, both of these cultures suck. SUCK. Both are entertainment and celebrity driven. Both wallow in self aggrandizement. Both seem lost in a sea of consumerism at the hands of those who feed us all crap in our shools, our entertainment, our food and etc.

See, that is one of my problems. I talk to much and don't listen enough, so I will stop here.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Zombies do that! They actually believe that being told what to think means they are clever.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Did someone say something about "superiorism"? (Of course, it's not a word, but pointing that out might be superior.)

Could swear someone was crying this morning about other people thinking there were smarter than others.

Hmmm...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is what happens when you add the identity politics booster to your haterade and kick it into maximum overdumb.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

In your world, maybe.

I am saying that when someone asks when there will be white history month to go with black history month and hispanic history, etc., we are told every other day is white history month, but if someone tries to claim that every other day is white history month and that the color of people who accomplished great things is white, then it becomes racist because claiming history as white is wrong and not inclusive.

So, when American history is white unless it's not and it is white history when it suits others to decide it is.

I was taught it was history.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

In your world, maybe.

I am saying that when someone asks when there will be white history month to go with black history month and hispanic history, etc., we are told every other day is white history month, but if someone tries to claim that every other day is white history month and that the color of people who accomplished great things is white, then it becomes racist because claiming history as white is wrong and not inclusive.

So, when American history is white unless it's not and it is white history when it suits others to decide it is.

I was taught it was history.

Your words have nothing to do with my world.

Your example is specious and muddled. Who tells you that? Who have you brought it up to? Quote them.

Are you claiming that historically in the United States that Black culture and achievement has been as celebrated by the culture at large as White history has been? If so, frankly, you're mistaken.

However, that "clarification" [sic] doesn't address that you suggested that Black Americans don't value American culture, and that all White Americans believe that our culture "belongs to everyone."

That was the core of my question: care to take a stab at answering it?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Bottom line, "black" people didn't start this!

But who's going to finish it?

Sounds like a juvinial argument I hear from.my school aged daughters. They'll argue and argue about "who started it" and their underlining issues never get resolved.
edit on 26-8-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
White culture is quite fragmented if you care to examine it. Just looking at music, there's everything from death metal to country to techno to rock to classical.

All those genres correlate to sub cultures.

Traditionally people of color had a strong gospel and jazz sub culture. Not that they weren't welcome to be anything they liked.

Rap music is where things really took a dark turn. I would say death metal and rap sub cultures experience parity in life.

The only salvation is to embrace a positive sub culture, even Japanese or European would suffice. Or, make a strong push for positivity. R&B is a good start, and underground hip hop is mostly good too.

Role models are more important than people realize and we need more Will Smith attitudes as opposed to Jay-Z.

I don't see a problem with people wanting to create their own sub culture, but if it's based on negativity then that creates a downward spiral.

Fashion is another pillar of a healthy sub culture. Unfortunately, young men's or women's wear is the entirety of options for minorities today. There really needs to be a casual and formal option for all races to feel comfortable integrating into more prestigious social situations. Asian cultures have their own versions of a suit and tie, it would go a long ways for other races to have the same. And what is the equivalent to the GAP for other races?

The path to success isn't white. It's positivity, discipline and formality. Being courteous and polite is common to all successful cultures.

Attitude is probably the next strongest determinate of future success. After first impressions, a solid work ethic and dedication to learning will take anyone far.

So to sum up this rant, either bite the bullet and adopt a successful culture, or make a new positive one. That will get people's foot in the door. Then follow through by being hardworking and focused.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The best Barkley quote is when he said "Whoever said money can't buy happiness must've shopping at the wrong place".
edit on 8jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

The issue is that if they reject a culture that clearly is one that creates success in the people who follow it, what do they replace it with?

Is the culture of the inner city one that creates widespread prosperity or success? What about the culture of the trailer park?

OK. So now they have their own culture. Good for them, but what is it doing to advance their lives and prosperity?

And I could even deal with them not being overly prosperous. Wealth isn't everything. So long as they stopped blaming everyone else for the failings of the cultures they embrace because they've rejected cultures that could help them obtain what they seek. And if they are so dead-set that they will not embrace those cultures, for whatever reason, then they need to build a culture that will succeed but they don't do it.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
OP points out obvious hater logic-fail, and hater wailing-and-gnashing AND textbook deflection is the result.

The Triggering continues.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join