It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Deep Freeze III-1963 Antarctica-Step Dads Pictures-pic heavy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Love this Thank you very much for your post, very interesting indeed with the very personal angle real life information. This made me interested in looking up more info and I thought you may be interested in this www.southpolestation.com... it mentions the problems of the experimental antenna work in 1964 and the fire just as your step father spoke of, Thanks again for a great post

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: astra001uk

Thanks for the link. I looked at wiki and a general search and they had a little info nothing like the link you gave. Wow, thank you.

When he said he went to Antarctica my Admiral Byrd scenes tingled, but my step dad wasn't a conspiracy minded person. So I left him out of my full blown wonderment of all South pole theories. Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: astra001uk

Nice find.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm sorry about your loss. In the 80's I was in the Navy. My next set of orders was to VXE-6. They flew the supply missions to McMurdo. If I hadn't got hurt I would have gotten to Antarctica. Always wanted to meet a penguin on his turf.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

edit on 26-8-2017 by MorpheusUSA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You were smart to bring it here, there are some really great researchers in membership, just hope they find this thread and can jump in to guide you. You never know I have seen some truly amazing things that were impossible to uncover found out in minutes.

All the best, keep us informed please. I like you am interested in the powerlines.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Already had some good info from a post. My step dad's whole antarctic service was kind of a story til I found the photos. I think if I had the photos in my grubby hands while he was still kicking it would have been a more well rounded story.

But as it stands I will write on the back of the photos that it is from Operation Deep Freeze III store them safely and and scan digitally copies. I also have to see who can print the one photo that is not in the pack, I have the negatives but it is a real old negative, no holes on the edges for the gears to pull though the 35mm camera.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I belong to some Cold War Warrior sites. With your permission I'm going to throw this out there and see if anybody knows anything.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Please, I really am going by the developed dates embossed on the edges of the pics and what my step dad told us. Any further info would be wonderful. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Will do. If I find anything I'll post it here.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Here is a link you might find interesting about Operation Deep Freeze III.

It is a PDF:

www.navy.mil...

The men connected with Opera- tion Deep Freeze I11 found this to be so. If you were to visit one of the most isolated outposts of the U. S. Navy, the chances are that you would arrive at the Amundsen-Scott IGY South Pole Station.

edit on R562017-08-26T13:56:59-05:00k568Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Thanks for the link, how did you find that?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
BTW had to take a different look at the little penguin in my Grandbabies crib today, lol. WEll hope more info surfaces on this matter, it is really interesting!

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Sorry to hear about your step father

These pictures are great , I love the lighting

in the last pic there is some weird strange dark looking net, at first I thought it was Football /soccer goal posts with the net

but its just a shadow what is that ?

thanks

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I saw that too. I think it is from a lot # sticker from the developer back in the 1960's. It looks like this little 3/8" x 1" lot# sticker ended up on that picture and left a shadow from the adhesive that broke down.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

at one point I was thinking what the fell is that !

thanks for letting me know

really cool pics, not alot of people get to goto Antarctica

my cousin and her boyfriend are medics and were offered a job there for 6 months working as medics on the airfield
I would definitely go there if I was given the opportunity

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

There are very few people who get to go the Antarctica to live and work like my step dad did.

Wish I would have found these pictures while he was still with us so he could explain these.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Sorry about your Dad mate.

That definitely looks like a double exposure of a soccer goal and net...maybe your Dad played a bit of footie with the argies before the left for the station, and took a picture of it on the same roll of film?
edit on 17 9 2017 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Antarctica is on my bucket list of places to visit.

this just makes me want to go even more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join