It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Defense For Us Statues

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Oh sigh you little mortals.. I don't even know what, but whatever plague has infested your tiny little brain's can't possibly be healthy for you. I mean, I literally have a rock for a brain and even I can see that the collective consciousness of the human race has gone swiss cheese. That's to say that your brains has a bunch of holes in them and really stinks. Because you know swiss cheese has holes in them and really stinks right? And brains with holes in them are no good right? Get it? Fools!

Anyways, I see that you guys have suddenly decided to take offense at us pieces of rock.. oh.. I mean us beautiful pieces of art. Which by the way took a master craftsman many, many painstaking hours to chisel us to perfection. Beautiful pieces of art we are! But nooo, suddenly out of nowhere we are now considered evil pieces of rock with the power to "offend". I can't move my fingers, but do you see the quotations? Yeah..

Just last month we were all peacefully chilling, minding our own business, basking in the sun worry free, but now we are forced to take a look back to see if we did something terrible in our days? because you know, humans are perfect creatures without sin, ha ha ha.. that was my sarcastic voice in case you didn't catch it. Don't you fools understand that we were living in much different times? It wasn't no damn 2017 that's for sure, and thank God! Tough cookies, and none of you fools were even alive for Christ's sake..

Let me let you mortals in on a little secret.. WE CANT EVEN HURT YOU! No seriously, even if we wanted to and tried our best to, it's literally impossible! Anything that you feel towards us, has absolutely nothing to do with us, but has everything to do with you! The only person hurting your feelings is yourself! Think about it, you're mad at a damn rock. Joke's on you. Let me let you in on another groundbreaking secret.. guess what else you can do to not be offended? Wait for it... ... ... Simply ignore us! I know, I know, calm down.. and just a FYI, you do realize that there is no real tangible difference whether we exist or not, right? The only difference lies within you! In fact, trying to remove us will only embolden our history. I bet half of you didn't even know about all this history till last week! Puh-Leaze!

Hey, how about this.. instead of crying over what we did in the past and trying to destroy us for it, why not look at us as a symbol of perseverance and a reminder of how far you've come? Here's another gem for you mortals - no matter how hard you try, you can't change the past, but you can learn from it and change the future.

Blah blah blah.. and to all of you crazy lunatics out there trying to beat us up, you can't hurt us silly, so joke's on you once again! But here's a tissue for your issue. Mortals..

Aah.. but I digress.

/Rant

edit on 25-8-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Behold! The new statues have arrived!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
No statue has ever enslaved,hurt,spit,lynched, or done jack snip to anyone.

Inanimate objects can't.

So how bout stopping the anthropomorphism of what are essentially rocks, and bronze.

#commonsensematters.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I find it astonishing that you're all so up in arms about some statues, but actual Nazis killing innocent people in the streets, not so much it seems...

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Well it was one person that has yet to be proven guilty of anything.

But why let a thing like due process get in the way of hate mongering.
edit on 25-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

People or person? One idiot killed one person, and he went to jail for it. What more do you want? For us to lump everyone else in with one person's action and hold them accountable for something that hasn't even happened yet? Do I look like you?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
I find it astonishing that you're all so up in arms about some statues, but actual Nazis killing innocent people in the streets, not so much it seems...

So, the people going out and destroying them aren't up in arms about statues?

Point me in the direction of an actual proven Nazi, and I will confront him (with words, unless he escalates).

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Left-wingers are like that. Their politics are defined by symbols; hammer and sickle, busts of Lenin, Karl Marx, Trotsky, quotes from these figures, as well as their books. Then they want to attack and destroy everyone else's history so that there will be no competition for their belief system. Quickest way is to associate some figure as a "nazi" or "racist", "slave trader" and then use that to justify the removal.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

are you so fragile that you need us to let you know every 10 minutes or so that nobody likes the loonies? KKK, WS, Nazis, ANTIFA, BLM, none of them, we don't like any of them. If you like some of them, perhaps you need to look a bit deeper inside yourself and ask what they stand for that you admire. I don't admire anything at all about violence, hate, fear, bigotry, meanness, or generally being an asshole. I like nice people and choose to spend my time with those types.

Please stop projecting your fears onto others.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Saw that yesterday.

The man holding the flag must be one of those "Black-White Supremacists" I'm hearing about now.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Another great read my friend...

There are a lot of marbleous statues, unfortunately some folks simply take them for granite.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Lol! Your post might even be better than my OP.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I think it describes our current state of affairs pretty good.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

actual Nazis killing innocent people in the streets

A word of advice, take it or leave it - Never go full retard on the internet bro, it makes you look silly.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
FAKE NEWS!

Statues can't really talk!

LOL @ Full Retard. You're not really allowed to quote a white man wearing black face.. and retard is offensive to retards. Get politically correct, guys.. or the Liberals will force you.
edit on 25-8-2017 by Iostsheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Has harmed more people than any statue, and is free.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
*Tears down statue supposedly representative of slavery and oppression, while filming such acts using devices made from actual slavery and oppression while at the same time bemoaning their own slavery and oppression while others cheer them on with their free speech*

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Irony, the flavor of 2017.

Lack of self awareness, the trend of 2017.

Idiocy, the norm for 2017.

...welcome to 2017!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

On a positive note, once they have gone through all the statues, monuments and artifacts that are offensive, racism and oppresion will cease to exist.

Right? Right guys? ......

Guys?
edit on 25-8-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join