It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix protester shot in dangly bits arrested after identifying himself to Reddit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Blaine91555
He'll never do more than a day or three in jail though. Just a slap on the wrist I'm sure. Unless of course he's not entirely honest and he was also in on the rock throwing.

So he bailed out of jail already?

Otherwise he'll sit there until this case is resolved.
That could be in 2018 or even as far as 2019.

That's before we even know if he's convicted of any crimes at all.

So I'll wager that he does way more than 3 days in jail.

Not if he bails out.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Instant Karma is gonna get you , knock you right of your feet

If i would be the boss i would not press charges , a shot like that is swift punishment , pretty good way to learn a lesson.

But i guesss they need a workforce for private prisons.

edit on 25-8-2017 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Felons can and do vote, that is very misunderstood. Felons are not allowed to vote while incarcerated but once released you are free to vote in almost every state.

You cannot vote while on parole or probation period and ALL voting rights are restored 2 years after the incarceration. I seriously doubt this guy will even have to make a court appearance

If I was this guy, I would be praying go God that you were not on the jury as you already have him convicted and sentenced. He has only be arrested and not formally charged as of yet.

I can imagine the charges being downgraded to misdemeanors and paying a fine and not much else, the police can arrest you for anything (true tryanny) but do not decide on charges nor a sentence
edit on 8/25/2017 by DJMSN because: Addition

link   

Are you sure that's all he did? What's his history before this? Is he telling the truth in his account?

The court is there to sort it out. If he did nothing else, he won't do much if any time, unless he has a history of violent crime in his past.

People who do wrong generally make themselves look a lot less guilty than they are when they get caught. People do lie. Let the courts decide.

link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

We don't know if

Exactly, so settle down.

I am settled down.
I'm just pointing out how hypocritical the right wingers are for gleefully basking in the knowledge that a leftist just got obliterated by the government for kicking a gas canister.

I'd have to say it's a type of virtue signaling.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

If he's done nothing else, he will likely be let out without bail. I think you're jumping the gun here and defending someone who may not deserve it.

link   

Correction, he kicked a gas canister at Leo.

link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Are you sure that's all he did? What's his history before this? Is he telling the truth in his account?

The court is there to sort it out. If he did nothing else, he won't do much if any time, unless he has a history of violent crime in his past.

People who do wrong generally make themselves look a lot less guilty than they are when they get caught. People do lie. Let the courts decide.

Courts were invented by humans to sort things out yes, I agree theoretically.

But in the United States they hardly ever achieve anything remotely similar to that.
We have so many innocent people behind bars, even more doing unbelievable time for minor petty infractions, and we have tons of hardened criminals running out on the streets facing no justice at all.

Our courts are a joke 90% of the time.
Don't get me started.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

We don't know if it'll get lowered.

Which is why I said I would imagine.

We don't know what class they charged - but it's still felonies.

Yep. That happens when you use some sort of dangerous instrument to assault people.

These are clearly misdemeanors he's involved with, not felonies.

Read the code. It's a felony.

The police wear gas masks, the gas canister poses very little threat to them.

Police wear helmets on the riot line, yet they still get injured when they get hit with rocks. Police wear body armor on patrol, yet still get shot. Or should we treat shooting a cop differently if you hit his or her vest than we treat it if you miss the vest?

They fire the canisters with a weapon, it's velocity could severely harm someone.

Protesters are more than welcome to move along and not deal with getting removed from an area by force. They were warned to disperse, and they were warned that gas would be used if they didn't.

This kid kicked it back towards them, the velocity is almost certainly not going to harm a well armored policeman.

Unfortunately for you and Mr. Cobin, "did anybody get hurt" is not the sole deciding factor in assault.
edit on 25-8-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Which sounds like a misdemeanor to me.
A mid-range one.

It's not quite as simple as jaywalking but it's no where near as bad as pushing someone down.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Kind of a shame to see *these* LEOs have become snowflakes as well...

link   

Which sounds like a misdemeanor to me.
A mid-range one.

It's not quite as simple as jaywalking but it's no where near as bad as pushing someone down.

It's been explained to you how charges work.

link   

We don't know if

Exactly, so settle down.

I am settled down.
I'm just pointing out how hypocritical the right wingers are for gleefully basking in the knowledge that a leftist just got obliterated by the government for kicking a gas canister.

I don't see a lot of basking, even from those I'd consider hardcore right wingers. I see a lot of not feeling sorry for him, but not much basking.

See a lot of panicked shrieking, though.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Montana

I know, how dare them get offended when they are being attacked for no reason.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Gosh, those snowflakes, all enforcing the law and whatnot.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Wait, so you actually believe kicking a canister that a Leo just shot at you is legitimately equal to holding a gun to his head and making demands during a hostage situation?

Because that's what charge would be levied if you held a gun to a Leo's head - aggravated assault of a leo.
He was facing a direct threat to his life in that situation.

But kicking a canister?
If that threatens someone's life - why are police shooting canisters at people to begin with?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I'm not fond of many of the laws and I agree that many in jail don't belong there. I also believe that no society can exist without the rule of law and those who refuse to obey lawful orders from police who are trying to maintain the peace are wrong. ...and to throw rocks at them, potentially lethal objects, that can't be allowed to pass, even kicking the gas canister back at them.

He is responsible for his own actions. He decided to ignore the police who were just trying to keep it civil and from getting out of control. They were also protecting the protesters from themselves whether they realize it or not.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

No, they're not snowflakes. There are laws on the books that protect LEOs for a reason.

You cannot have citizens attacking our law enforcement officers, kicking or lobbing stuff back at them. Cuss at 'em, shoot 'em the finger, stick your tongue out, but once it gets physical, a whole new set of rules kick in.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Are they? Hmmmm

What happens when every action becomes a felony?

What happened to the boy who cried wolf? People stopped listening, it became just one more source of noise. Keep severe charges and punishments for severe crimes.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

We don't know if

Exactly, so settle down.

I am settled down.

I don't see a lot of basking, even from those I'd consider hardcore right wingers. I see a lot of not feeling sorry for him, but not much basking.

See a lot of panicked shrieking, though.

I'm a Constitutionalist - that's why I am legitimately attacking this.
And I feel very sorry for the kid, the overbearing out of control insane government just dropped the heavy hammer on him over a very minor infraction simply to placate the anger of one political side.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join