It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix protester shot in dangly bits arrested after identifying himself to Reddit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Phoenix PD has arrested the "blue shorts guy" that was seen on camera taking a pepper ball round to the twig and berries after he kicked a gas canister back towards the police line.

They charged him with one count of unlawful assembly and three counts of aggravated assault on law enforcement.

For whatever reason, he went on Reddit and publicly identified himself and told the AMA thread that he didn't think he'd be arrested "because they would've done it by now." Or something. He apparently believes that after demonstrators threw water bottles and rocks at police that it was a violation of civil rights for law enforcement to order the crowd to disperse.

Anyway, for anybody who's seen the video, he says his junk is fine and that he's happy he was able to give everybody a laugh.

Local story

Reddit AMA

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
😂 when you ruin your life and testicles in the same night.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Im happy to see these charges levied. All these people willing to attack police have absolutely no idea what life would be like without our men and women in blue....chaos comes to mind.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think they excessively charged him.

Do you really believe this kid should face 4 years minimum to 38 years maximum for this?
And have a triple felony record thus destroying his life completely?

I can understand giving him a few misdemeanors but triple aggravated assault?
That's tyranny folks. 38 years max wow.
For kicking a gas canister? Really?

Something is terribly wrong with our system because that doesn't sound like reasonable "justice" to me!!
This is a bit too much.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I am extremely alarmed by the way people are overcharged in this nation over the smallest little things.

Some of our biggest criminals escape justice entirely while kids are being locked up over minor infractions.

Yeah, let's celebrate giving a kid decades for kicking a gas canister while we let people like Hillary (who probably has hundreds of felonies outstanding) not face any charges at all.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Here's a link to a webpage that explains Arizona Aggravated Assault on a LEO.

I calculated the minimum possible vs the max based on this.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I think they excessively charged him

He was wearing a gask mask.

Kicking things back at the police.

Excessive ?

Got what he earned.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is also a perfect example of how America failed to be the great society.

Instead of protesting insane antics like this by prosecutors or other similar corrupt practices our "legal system" regularly participates in (they trumped up his charges so they could plea bargain with him) - the kids are out protesting the President over illegitimate reasons when in reality the President barely has any power at all!

It's the legal system where the majority of the real power lies.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I think they excessively charged him

He was wearing a gask mask.

Kicking things back at the police.

Excessive ?

Got what he earned.

He could have just brought a rifle and started shooting people than.
38 years vs a life sentence isn't a big difference.

I guess kicking a gas canister is tantamount to murder to you?

You gotta admit they are wrong here, clearly.
I'm all for prosecuting criminals but the time should equate to the crime!

Explain to me how kicking a gas canister equates to this level of criminality being charged?

(edit to rephrase lol)
edit on 8/25/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Seriously if you think he earned a triple aggravated felony for just kicking a gas canister, than you are becoming the monster that you have been fighting all along.

Think about this long and hard.
Tell me in all honesty that this kid doesn't deserve to ever have a normal life again after this minor infraction.

I would think normal SANE people would agree that a year or two probation sounds fitting for this crime, and maybe a 5,000 $ fine would be OK too. But this?? No way man. It's complete insanity.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Our prisons are overflowing with people, most of them there for totally petty stuff like this or drug possession.

Why does everyone have to be an extremist between "I agree with everything the govt does" vs "I don't agree with anything they do at all!" ?

Isn't there a middle ground somewhere?
Like "I think there should be some form of governance but it needs to be reasonable and just. It shouldn't be excessive nor should it be negligible." ?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Got what he deserved with the rioting and the kicking gas cannisters back at cops. He's lucky it was just a nut shot with a pepper ball.
edit on 25-8-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I don't think it's minor.

It's aggravated assault.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I don't think it's minor.

It's aggravated assault.

Not really. It's hardly even construable as an assault.
That's insane.

How can you compare someone taking an AXE to a cop with some kid kicking a gas canister during a protest?
Holy crap you've lost it man.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It's just like he grabbed the cops gun and held it to his head man.
Wow put him away for 38 years!

.............Really?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I agree. That is way too harsh.

But that is our system. White collar crime gets you slap on the wrist or promotion while some BS charge gets you years and put in debt for life and a record which follows you forever.

It's not about justice, it's about control with an iron fist.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Good Lord calm down. First off the Prosecuter did not charge the guy, the police only arrested him for those charges. Just because you are arrested for something does not mean that's what you end up in court for.

Just because you are found guilty of something and this guy has yet to even appear in court does not mean he will get the max sentence or any time, maybe just a fine will be all.

As far as him being arrested, yes he should of been. The police was there to protect everyone. He obviously showed up expecting trouble as he was wearing a gas mask. You can protest without attacking the police or anyone for that matter.

He should have worried about felonies before he committed them, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime...dont do it...dont do it

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

No one has the right to violent protest.

I am glad to see justice served.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I agree. That is way too harsh.

But that is our system. White collar crime gets you slap on the wrist or promotion while some BS charge gets you years and put in debt for life and a record which follows you forever.

It's not about justice, it's about control with an iron fist.

It's pure tyranny.
And it's one of the core problems with this entire broken system.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
He will have to hire a really good expensive lawyer. ($$$$$$$) That's where it will hurt and he will learn his lesson.

I doubt he will see much time in reality, but he will think twice before he ever does this again.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join