It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3,700-year-old Babylonian tablet rewrites history of Trigonometry

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte
a reply to: Wolfenz

I find it far more probable (though for you, less palatable) that elitism provokes wishful and dissociative thinking i.e. results in collapse, then that anything that comes from such traditions i.e. "ancient civilizations" before our own, prove to be true.

no its Critical thinking ,
apparently according to most that Mankind only started that from the Last 10,000 to 12,000 years ,
yet Man Homo sapiens been walking the Earth for Merely 250,000 years

Consider the conditions that are required for mathematics. Is it possible, perhaps, that the human brain, and that human beings working together in relatively developed contexts, are able to 'touch upon' a system of knowledge that, because it is rational and reasonable, is able to be reinvented again and again?

a Simpler Form, a Simpler Formula in Mathematics , OR
its PROGRAMED within US .. that Very Instinct ,

Insects mostly Wasps Bees Ants Have it. just as we DO . Research it :

This seems far more plausible to me than to believe, without any significant evidence, that ancient cultures - fundamentally elitist, and therefore, structurally biased by their social-advantages-over-others - were somehow carriers of a civilization that preceded our own - again, with no evidence.

well depends of what you mean by No evidence :
a fine Line between MYTHOLOGY and Historic Existence , what I Mean is ,
a High Advanced Civilization being Seen as Deity's or Gods
but they are Just Men just Advance Civilized Men ,, but of course I agree
Man kind has Reinvented again and again and Oceans apart Similar ways Similar Types , as if
a 3rd Party was there teaching showing , unless its Instinct ,

well some People refuse to believe the Path of
Africa Middle east ( red SEA ) INDIA CHINA Indonesia , Easter Island to Peru Bolivia up to Ecuador
to Mexico up to Florida , in a Connection, as I SAID Before PUMA Punku is a Baffled Place ,
a Surreal Technical Advancement from PEOPLE that Only HAD Rope Knotting for a Written Recorded Language.

yet in all the Mayans had a Hieroglyphic Writing thats close too a Structure symbolic
Formula like the Egyptians. had.. yet a Fundamental Bishop Destroyed their Written history..

This is what is meant by the term, a "just-so story". It's coherent, given your own life history and emotional needs; but is true? You can't even relate to what you write without a fanatical emotionality - basically meaning, in effect, that you aren't comfortable speaking in ways that are more tentative - because its justified by reason of not having definitive proof.

Conjecture is what it is ,, its Like Philosophy Many Questions with little Answers until its proven fact or proven false , Man wouldn't had gone far without it , but for Religion , it Stops Most Men in further Advancement .

Yet, being controlled by your emotions - and a religious faith in numbers - the belief in numbers is what makes you feel good; hence, you believe what you believe. The linguistically coded belief, a later evolutionary and development function of the brain-mind, exists merely to control and regulate the affective dynamics that have been released in you by interpersonal interactions i.e. you too are an object, with structuring principles - 86 billion neurons involved in the regulation and representation of 50-75 trillion cells. How this massive 'body' operates, not surprising, is a function of the the geometry of the physical self-organization of other human bodies - for the simple reason that human minds are an emergent function of intersubjective engagements with others.

Right , I know the Lessen ! you know whats Man and Apes Big Difference is ? out of the Share 98 percent Genes ? Man has 3 times the neurons then A APE the Wrap around in the Brain. other the Sinus ( SMELL ) We are Structured Differently then them Our Body's are NOT as Much Adapted to this World, Our Feet are not Designed to Conquer like a Ape nor a Hominid well i can go on n on about this , just say: We are are a Sad Designed Prototype

In other words, and as simple and obvious as it may sound, what you believe is a myth. A myth you believe because it makes you feel better.

make me feel better ? LOL ,,, OK

edit on 12017MondayfAmerica/Chicago8239 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Even insects like bees have a million neurons. With just that number they can do navigation, solve the travelling salesman problem, remember where the best locations for sugar can be found, shape recognition.

jonlieffmd.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Even insects like bees have a million neurons. With just that number they can do navigation, solve the travelling salesman problem, remember where the best locations for sugar can be found, shape recognition.

jonlieffmd.com...
Fascinating.

I never knew bees had a traveling salesman problem!
What do they do, sting 'em?

Harte

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

jonlieffmd.com...

Right : Not Only that Architecture Wonders Building ,
Teamwork Problems Solving , Farming, Livestock, Harvesting ,
Nurseries, Guards, Battle ,Soldiers, Divide and Conquer
to even having SLAVES,

Just as Humans DO,
MAN Lives like in a Hive /Monarchy/Dictator, Society
and then we have Plants,
that can Communicate in Great Distances, from plant to plant.

It makes you wonder if humans do or HAD done the same with
(( Psychic Mediums ))
and with Great Distances , Oceans Apart , perhaps ,
a lot of connections of the Similarity's of the
Ancient OLD WORLD with the Ancient New World ,
but theirs a Problem : the Problem is called
TIME ( Time Span ) in Spred in Layers

well anyhow ,
just Perhaps MAN Insects ( ANTS to the BEES ) and Plants
have a Subconsious Connection
the Human tells the Plant the Plants Tells the Bees, the Bees
tells the Plant , The Plant tells the Humans
in thier Dreams kinda thing , Possible??
( it just came to me in a dream! )

Well People of ATS Read This ,

It May change your way of thinking about FLORA ( Plants )
for the Rest of your LIFE .

Plant Communication from Biosemiotic Perspective
Differences in Abiotic and Biotic Signal Perception Determine Content Arrangement of Response Behavior. Context Determines Meaning of Meta-, Inter- and Intraorganismic Plant Signaling
Günther Witzany
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Plant hormones control not only plant growth and development but also serve in communication within the same species, with related or unrelated plant species, and with insects, i.e. they even serve in classical metaorganismic communication.

The fact that plants and insects produce their hormones differently but apply them for similar purposes, namely to coordinate overall development, points to their use in their unicellular ancestors.20

( remarkable!! ,, huh )

Leaves always emit such volatiles in small doses, but emit greater quantities when infested by parasitic insects.

This allows them to attack the parasites either directly by producing substances that deter them, or indirectly by attracting other insects that are natural enemies of the parasites.

These volatiles are also perceived by neighboring plants, allowing them to initiate preemptive defensive responses.36 Volatile phytochemicals serve as airborne semiochemicals.

Depending on the behavioral context—destruction, injury or parasitic infestation—the emitted scents clearly differ for both the insects and neighboring plants.36 The plants coordinate complementary direct and indirect defense mechanisms in a step-wise manner and tailor them flexibly to the severity of the injury or the density of pest infestation.37,38

When plants are attacked by pests, they develop immune responses that function the same as in animals.39

Injured plants produce aromatic substances that warn other plants.

They then rapidly produce enzymes that make the leaves unpalatable for herbivorous insects. Rather than being passive prisoners of their surroundings, plants are active organisms40 that identify their pests and actively promote the enemies of these pests.

In lima beans, for example, a total of five different defense strategies against mite infestation have been discovered. First, they change their scent to make them unattractive to the mites.

Then the plants emit scents that are perceived by other plants, which then do precisely the same thing to warn surrounding lima beans before the mites even reach them.

Some of the emitted substances had the effect of attracting other mites that ate the attacking red mites.42 Similar defense processes have been described in tomato plants

So many Unanswered Questions of our OLD Ancient World.
to bad we cant tap in ,

Deep DNA memory theories: Can we remember our ancestors’ lives?
epages.wordpress.com...

Well.. to keep this Thread from going Astray
of what im placing here goes along it!
just doing the Build up ,

Genetic Memory: How We Know Things We Never Learned
blogs.scientificamerican.com...

“The baby does not learn trigonometry, but knows it;

does not learn how to distinguish figure from ground, but knows it; does not need to learn, but knows, that when one object with mass hits another, it will move the object …

The vast human cerebral cortex is chock full of specialized systems ready, willing and able to be used for specific tasks. Moreover, the brain is built under tight genetic control …

As soon as the brain is built, it starts to express what it knows, what it comes with from the factory. And the brain comes loaded. The number of special devices that are in place and active is staggering. Everything from perceptual phenomena to intuitive physics to social exchange rules comes with the brain.

These things are not learned; they are innately structured. Each device solves a different problem … the multitude of devices we have for doing what we do are factory installed; by the time we know about an action, the devices have already performed it.”
__ In his 1998 book, The Mind’s Past, Michael Gazzaniga

6 billion years a Memories in Our Minds
Memories is Energy , its still in there
www.youtube.com...

edit on 22017TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago8240 by Wolfenz because: reedited to make it more clearly as WE ALL Know Im not a Grammer KIng !

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

jonlieffmd.com...
Fascinating.

I never knew bees had a traveling salesman problem!
What do they do, sting 'em?

Harte

Yeah Unfortunately they do , them dam Annoying obstacles in the way ,

you Know other bigger Bees, or Humans ,Predators chem sprays , Big Distances ,
well too them anyways
lol ,, Avoiding the Nuisance ,

so they find a better improvised Shorter Route ,

Flying Math: Bees Solve Traveling Salesman Problem
www.wired.com...

World's Weirdest: Honey Bee Dance Moves

A honey bee performs a carefully choreographed "waggle" dance that instructs the rest of the hive where to find a food source.
video.nationalgeographic.com...

Now could it Be Possible that a Higher Civilization taught Mankind ?
to give Man Kind a Little Boost ?

I know your Answer ,

but its a Possibility, that an outsider had done so ,

many Civilizations were once a Cargo Cult ,
it tells in their MYTHS and Legends

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

Now could it Be Possible that a Higher Civilization taught Mankind ?
to give Man Kind a Little Boost ?

I know your Answer ,

Are you implying that it was bees that taught mankind how to solve their traveling salesman problem?

Harte

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

No... you've got it backwards. The bees taught humans the concept of traveling salesmen in the Paleolithic. That's where all the bodies came from at Sima de los Huesos. They're the bodies of door to door salesmen who were selling inferior lithics that couldn't cut a can in half and then cleanly slice through a tomato without losing that sharp sheen on their freshly knapped edges.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

Astrocyte, I dare to say that there is absolutely no "knowing completely."

Absolute and total knowledge of the ultimate and subultimate reality(s), Id imagine, is endless.

Only the comprehension of God can fathom it in totality.

So this one man supposes...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: Harte

No... you've got it backwards. The bees taught humans the concept of traveling salesmen in the Paleolithic. That's where all the bodies came from at Sima de los Huesos. They're the bodies of door to door salesmen who were selling inferior lithics that couldn't cut a can in half and then cleanly slice through a tomato without losing that sharp sheen on their freshly knapped edges.

Hah!
Hoist those bees on their own traveling salesman petard!

Harte

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: abeverage
Oddly why does this fall in line with an article I just read on our Universe being a simulation based on triangles being the basic building blocks?!?

We have been more advanced then we are now with different tech and superior culture, so what happened why was it buried and I think purposefully left forgotten...

I don't think it takes a superior culture for ancients to figure out trigonometry.

Ancient human brains had the same capacity to figure things out that we have today, considering their brains were the same as our brains.

What I am saying is we consistently think or are told we are at the pinnacle of society, science and culture. That we are the modern world when in fact we may have been here before several times, but the evidence is left undiscovered or (conspiracy theory here) hidden or erased.

I think we HAVE to think that.

Book burning is found all throughout early history, with the earliest mass burn I know of being the one committed by Shin Shi Huang after he united the 6 kingdoms into China. For whatever reason, he thought his kingdom would last longer if he erased all memory of any earlier kingdoms.

If Graham Hancock is right, and a meteor or something suddenly destroyed a very advanced world wide civilization, leaving mostly the under educated to fend for survival as hunter gatherers (and the educated among them unable to use or pass on their skills, because they wanted their kids to learn basic survival more than advanced mathematics.)

If that happened, and someone later on wanted to rebuild, they would run into a problem that everything they tried to do would just be such a horrible disappointment. All the people who know how to do it right are dead. How do you keep people interested in your new civilization?

I'd say your best bet is: don't give them anything to compare to. Erase it, and build something new.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

I never thought of it that way!

If we compared it and it was somehow superior would we change or rebel against what we have now? Interesting!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join