It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Horror Story, dear god no

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
youtu.be...

Well, here we go. A pretty good show I was looking forward to, just to take a break from reality has gone political trolling.
This is such a let down. The opening asks the question "what's your biggest fear", next shot is a television proclaiming "Donald Trump is now president of the United States." Pan back to our main character screaming Noooo!!! At the television. Then we have a crazy fellow screaming Yesss!!!! And humping the tv screen.
I thought, well ok, maybe they will be unbiased here. It's just an attention grab.
Then I see Lena Dunham is in it.
Head hung in disbelief...
Why!!!! Why in gods name ruin an escape from this mess. I have a feeling this will be a hot topic in the media, and probably score big. I hope not.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
teehee

its mocking both sides imo

will watch

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If the majority of Americans are stupid enough to fall for that kind of trolling crap, they deserve whatever they get.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hope this season is better.
Last season truly sucked.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I agree, pretty unbearable.

Unfortunately, so is pretty much every other season of this show.

This really can't be any worse than the last few seasons...

this show has always been trash and has always pushed trash.

Could be interesting, though Right now real life is way scarier than what these writers can come up with .

a reply to: TexasTruth

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I think that has very little to do with what the show is about.

It looks really good IMO. The first few I really liked. The last two were ok IMO. Best was still the freak show.

But this one looks promising. Getting back to their roots. Scary clowns and pain. Always good.

I can't wait!!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I think they are going all in with the anti-Trump crap.
I read something about this season is based on the paranoia and fear post election.
This show has always started strong, then gets boring. Then the season finales have always been forgettable.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I thought the first two seasons were excellent. Since then, not so much. Though Kathy Bates is pretty fantastic even during the bad seasons.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

It's about paranoia for sure but I don't think Trump Presidency will play that much of a part. Will probably just be one of the elements she's dealing with. Which makes sense because one thing we can all agree on is it's been chaotic from the start. Be that a good thing or bad is subjective. But it's certainly shook things up a bit.

The shows usually do fade a bit in the middle but start out strong and end strong.

I miss Jessica Lange though. She was so powerful in that show.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Wow.i thought it was one of their best.Freak Show I didn't even finish,ugh.I will watch this one.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Wow.

So I'm not gonna lie here. I haven't watched AHS since I got bored about halfway through freakshow. I'm probably gonna have to check this out.

I have a feeling that they're trolling a bit to drum up talk. Other than the election night bits, there was no obvious tie in with politics that I noticed.
edit on 2017-8-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
From what I have understood, this season is loosely based on the Manson cult... Not real sure what the hell that has to do with Trump, Antifa and the rest of the mess going on, but they'll find a way to tie it into the Antifa and Nazi crap through Manson's ALLEGED "Helter Skelter" schtick. Watch and see.

Hell, even ESPN is political now for Christ's sake. There's no escaping it, I guess.

edit on 24-8-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
My daughter and i are now busy watching My Roanoke Nightmare season.My faves were Freakshow and Hotel.I'm sorry to hear this series deteriorates,its one of my alltime faves.Will probably watch anyway

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Noooooo please no more

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Hotel was great, I really enjoyed the Hotel season. And the season set in the Asylum.

It's very hit or miss though. Last season I hated. The Witch season had a lot of potential but didn't follow through. The Freakshow season I got so bored of I didn't even finish it.

Not worth getting knickers in a twist about Lena Dunham maybe being in it though. What if she gets killed in the first scene?

And if the show wants to talk about the divisions in society brought about by a Trump presidency, why not? Legitimate thing for the media to explore.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I really loved AHS first 3 seasons, after that it seemed to go downhill and drag a lot...Hotel was ok...Roanoke was utter drivel. Not liking the sound of this latest season at all though but no doubt I'll watch it...well it would be rude not to

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Wow.

So I'm not gonna lie here. I haven't watched AHS since I got bored about halfway through freakshow. I'm probably gonna have to check this out.

I have a feeling that they're trolling a bit to drum up talk. Other than the election night bits, there was no obvious tie in with politics that I noticed.

I'm not going to lie either. I didn't finish freak show. As with every season, they start off with a very interesting premise and great writing, but then it seems they just have to make it gay. I'm far from a homophobe, and I'm not going to use the old adage "some of my best friends are gay". But hell, season one when the ghost of the blonde gay dude brought both hands up to his face and started going toward the crotch of the guy that bought the haunted house...

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The only one I ever watched was 'Coven'. I might try this one too.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I have enjoyed every series, put off watching 'Hotel' as I was told it was not as good as the others but enjoyed it. The historical context and grimy characters made it. Hope this one is on par.

Edit: was unaware of My Roanoke Nightmare series untill I read about season 7, apparently it is not released on Netflix in Australia until later in the year or early next year . Doh.
edit on 25-8-2017 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Talk about art imitating life; the premiere episode was crazy. MAGA to Twisty the clown, and Jill Stein references. It looks to be peters vs paulson this season, and so far this season looks better than the last. I look forward to Tuesday nights for the next few weeks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join