It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Solar Eclipse Images...Better late than never!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+75 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ok so that day I swear things could not have gone more wrong!

I planned to do a time lapse with a GoPro, but I lost in the river SUP boarding the day before. It was on my helmet took a spill and it was gone! Next a cable I needed to port this over to my laptop, I took out of my bag the night before I left so I had no way to focus my camera without going blind! LOL Wandering into the town I was in to see if I could replace the cable I didn't realize how long I was taking and I was late for the start of it! I and hadn't set my scope up!!!

Finally get my scope going an Volia! At least I had some fun with Friends and Family! Anyway enjoy! What an amazing experience I hope I get to see it again!

The start I got! With some sunspots!

90+% and it is still surprisingly bright out!

Edge of totality and some Bailey's Beads

Totality! Corona

Totality, Corona and Flares and Prominences!

End of Totality and Wedding Ring!

Sun and Moon exiting eclipse

Hope you enjoyed those and I do wish I could've done better...

edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoWed, 23 Aug 2017 16:40:09 -0500pm4America/Chicago by abeverage because: sunspots and eclipses

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. They are great images.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

Very cool.

I saw Nibiru. (maybe a shadow.)

Edit - the 4th & 5th pics are weird. I saw.....
edit on 23-8-2017 by nowuknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Very good images

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Great pics, what camera did you use? It is amazing just how good our eyes are in when I watched totality the corona was a very bright thin line around the moon and the sun flares were very pronounced and extended a good distance outward. Did you take off your filter for totality?

edit on 23-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

You're welcome and thank you!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Great pics, what camera did you use? It is amazing just how good our eyes are in when I watched totality the corona was a very bright thin line around the moon and the sun flares were very pronounced and extended a good distance outward. Did you take off your filter for totality?

This is my setup I have had for many years now, proly need to get some new equipment and not loose it in a river!

Yes I took off the filter at Totality and I did get to enjoy it a little but kept clicking photos I so wished I had that cable making it all automatic! LOL

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Very cool, thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I like that you got a good contrast on the flares, very cool pic. It's also amazing that the earth can fit inside the curve of one of those.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Great pics! Thanks! Much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I like that you got a good contrast on the flares, very cool pic. It's also amazing that the earth can fit inside the curve of one of those.

I should do a size comparison! That always bends my head!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Beautiful, these are the best ones I have seen.

Good work!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
I should do a size comparison! That always bends my head!

You should, it's a good teaching opportunity.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Those are the best pictures I've seen. In this time of Earth's history, we are lucky to have the Moon at such a perfect distance between the Earth and Sun.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

Beautiful, these are the best ones I have seen.

Good work!

Thank you so much! I have been a bit rough on myself because I had planned this for years and it didn't turn out like I'd hoped but thank you!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Those are the best pictures I've seen. In this time of Earth's history, we are lucky to have the Moon at such a perfect distance between the Earth and Sun.

Thank you!
Yeah that always has made me question coincidence or something else...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Great job! These are top notch.

One thing has been bugging me, perhaps someone can answer. Probably a simple answer that has just escaped me.

I kept hearing on the news how great of a science opportunity this was for NASA to see the corona with statements that since the Sun is blocked out they can see the corona better. But we have lots of satellites in space with no atmospheric distortion that provide excellent images and detail of the sun/corona.

sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

So how does the eclipse provide a better opportunity than those satellites?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Man that's beautiful! Especially the total eclipse

Thanks for sharing, much appreciated

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr

Great job! These are top notch.

One thing has been bugging me, perhaps someone can answer. Probably a simple answer that has just escaped me.

I kept hearing on the news how great of a science opportunity this was for NASA to see the corona with statements that since the Sun is blocked out they can see the corona better. But we have lots of satellites in space with no atmospheric distortion that provide excellent images and detail of the sun/corona.

sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

So how does the eclipse provide a better opportunity than those satellites?

Thank you!

Not that I am qualified to answer your question, but I remember reading about it and I believe it is because the instruments cannot block out the direct sunlight and can get overloaded. So during the eclipse they have a great opportunity to block out 99.99% of the sun and only see the Corona. I am betting they could launch a satellite in orbit of Earth and the moon at possibly a Lagrange point that could use the moon to perpetually block out the majority of the sun but I do not know if that is possible or feasible.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Done better??

Man these are some of the best I have seen!

S and F!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join