It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Warm Welcome. [AAM2017]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
A Warm Welcome. [AAM2017]
Writer

Air hissed and clouds of vapor released from the glass doors of the small cryo chamber as it slowly lifted open. His hazy eyes struggled to open and focus. Blinking repeatedly, slowly the blurred surroundings of the ship came into focus. His arms and legs were sore and weak as he tried to move them around to get the feeling back.

Coming out of cryo was always a pain, sore limbs, weakness, a clouded mind and senses. But it beats the hell out of being on a ship alone for months or years at a time. Slowly he began to feel better as he stepped out of the chamber he heard the ships AI announce

"Good morning Captain, we are on approach to planet 872C."

There were only two planets left to visit before Jarrel would be able to go home for some well deserved R&R. Both would be first contacts. They were always the hardest. The Galactic Council decided if and when different species would be contacted. Depending on how that interaction went they would either be asked to join the Galactic Community or they would be put on the "No Contact" list and kept isolated in their respective solar systems.

These last two species couldn't be more different from each other. One was hell bent on its own destruction, constant war plagued the planet and they had a tribal mentality. The only reason they were to be contacted was that they were highly intelligent and were on the brink of interstellar travel. It had to be determined if they should be allowed to do that or if they would be a danger to the galactic balance.

The other was a slightly more technologically primitive species. But they were peaceful. They lived in harmony with their planet and each other. There had been no war on this planet for millennia. Violence was a rarity if it even happened at all. The council had decided that many species could learn from their spiritual guidance.

It was the Job of the Galactic Ambassadors to make the recommendation to the council. Jarrel was one of the best and most experienced. He had spent hours studying both of these species before heading into cryo-sleep. Probes were always sent in first. They would gather data on ecosystems, learn the language, and history of the species in question.

He would visit the peaceful species first. A much easier task and it would allow him time to study up on the more questionable species while he traveled there. He had already input the destination coordinates into the computer before the long slumber. All he had to do was wait to land. The ship would be completely cloaked upon entering the planets atmosphere.

"20 Seconds until atmospheric breach. Please be seated and apply safety harness immediately" nagged the AI.

"Yea, yea, I know the deal" Jarrel said as he stumbled to the Captains seat, still a bit weary from cryo.

The ship lurched as the atmosphere resisted the crafts entry. As the ship got closer to land, Jarrel noticed something was not right. There was a lot of water on this planet and he was headed for a desert area of a large land mass. The intel he had about 872B was that it was mostly jungle, only about 45 percent of the planets surface was water, and there was little to no desert area.

His clouded mind raced as the ship was now just 50 feet above the surface.

He shouted to the AI "Confirm planet 872B"

"Negative Captain, this is planet 872C. Just as you instructed."

SH## SH## SH##, a fricking typo! This can't be real, tell me I'm still in cryo. he thought to himself just as he felt his craft touch the ground.

"Immediate departure now!"

"Yes Capt......." the craft went completely dark. All power was down. He frantically tapped the console but there was no response, something was jamming him. He could see lights approaching the ship in all directions. He was being surrounded.

He sat for a minute, thinking. The creatures outside were now approaching his ship slowly.

Well here goes nothing

He got up and walked to the exit hatch. Hesitantly he pulled the emergency manual release. The door folded outwards as lights from the creatures shone in on him. The bright lights fixated on and blinding him. They were getting closer.

He nervously raised his hands to show he meant no harm. He could now make out the silhouttes of the creatures. They were just feet away from him.

Surrounded.

"Hello, I am Jar....."

WHACK!!!!

One of the creatures had struck him on the back of the head with something. As he fell to the ground fading out of conciseness he heard it say

"Welcome to Earth"

The End.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Well written and I appreciate that it wasn't too technical for dummies like me.
I thoroughly enjoyed it!

A sad note is that an 'alien' ambassador would likely be met in just that way if his ship was even allowed to land at all.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I really like this well done

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thanks TN, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

it wasn't too technical for dummies like me.

That part was easy, I'm pretty dim

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Nice one!

Sadly, I think you are probably right.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Loved It!! Sadly I think this is exactly how an outsider would be greeted if they came.

S&F

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Oh, didn't know you already wrote yours.

Great story.

new topics

top topics

join