It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monument Riots Come To SCREECHING HALT In Texas After

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I am sure there will be those who take issue with this article.. However, those who believe in such things as private and public property rights might just decide to move to Texas. hahaha

freedomdaily.com...

If there’s one state left in America that gives zero craps about political correctness and the hurt feelings of liberals, it’s the great state of Texas. The Lone Star state infuriated liberals everywhere over Ramadan, after passing a law to completely eliminate Sharia Law from being practiced or recognized inside of Texas borders completely. As liberals now target our Founding Fathers and work to wipe out America’s history with destroying our monuments, predictably, Texans have a few politically incorrect things to say about it, and an even more politically incorrect plan to keep that from happening.

Texans value their Second Amendment rights more than anything. As one of the only states in our union allowing citizens to open carry their weapons, the heavily armed populace of Texas makes it far more difficult for criminals to just run rampant like they do in other places.

Now a Texas cop who works as a firearms instructor is putting protesting snowflakes across America on notice, informing them that if they’re caught destroying a monument, they’ll more than likely end up dead. He reveals that under Texas law, ANY CITIZEN can use deadly force to stop vandalism.

See the article for the section of the Texas law all this falls under.

I for one would hate to be the person who came upon a group defacing public property and confronted them by saying "Idiots (whatever) you need to stop doing that" only to be personally attacked and forced to use deadly force.. for fear of my life...

Trust me there are liberal judges in Texas just like any place else. As some of my border patrol and cop friends used to say " There are many lawyers attached to any bullet fired especially if you hit someone" !

ANYWAY I figured some might find this both humors and interesting

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Excellent!
I also don't care about the hurt feelings of Liberals.
I didn't know they had any feelings.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Excellent!
I also don't care about the hurt feelings of Liberals.
I didn't know they had any feelings.

Any time I hear about the "hurt feelings" of Liberals I simply think, "for once common sense has come to the fore front"..

RA
edit on 23-8-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Interesting way to handle that issue. I can just see it backfiring though. What's to stop someone from shooting someone and tossing a paint can at em? Keep in mind I didn't read the actual law, and I am generally against the removal of monuments.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Thanks for the fake news.

Glad you're all frothing at the mouth of the idea of murdering people over statues erected by completely white local and state governments in public spaces at a time when these same politicians were trying to preserve segregation and oppressive laws to keep subjugated, former slaves and their descendants.

But alas, you cannot just shoot vandals of statues on public property. Not even in Texas.

KHOU

We turned to KHOU legal analyst Gerald Treece for answers.

"That's just not the law," said Treece. The Texas Penal Code allows for the use of deadly force when protecting people's private property.

"I can used deadly force against you if you're using deadly force or if there's a fear of deadly force against me," said Treece. But statues in public parks aren't private property.

"If the question in a classroom came up, 'Professor, can I shoot someone at night putting magic marker on a statue?', I would say no, a thousand times no," said Treece.

Texas Penal Code 9.43 clearly states the private property being protected with deadly force needs to be "tangible and moveable." A statue doesn't meet that qualification either.

"It's not tangible, moveable property, owned by anybody, but the government," said Treece.

You can’t shoot Confederate statue vandals, Granbury police warn

GRANBURY

Online chatter about a Confederate statue in Granbury led police to issue a warning on its Facebook page this week: You can’t shoot people for vandalizing a statue, in particular the one of Confederate Gen. H.B. Granbury on the lawn of the Hood County Courthouse.

The warning came as residents have debated whether the statue should remain standing in wake of the deadly protest over a Confederate monument in Charlottesville, Va.

At some point during the online discussion, “a person claiming to be a police officer” posted inaccurate information about a state law that allows the use of deadly force to stop another person from committing criminal mischief, Granbury police posted on Facebook on Monday night.

Now let's all go to a thread about how evil liberals want to destroy everything as you all get excited at the prospect of murdering your countrymen over stupid statues that shouldn't be there anyway. That's the moral high ground?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That's the moral high ground?

Even if it is "legal"...I dont see the problem. Simply dont destroy public property...and you're good. No harm will come to you.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

edit on 23-8-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I live in South Texas.
For the most part, everybody gets along exceptionally well.
Bad manners are not taken to kindly.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

Even if it is "legal"...I dont see the problem. Simply dont destroy public property...and you're good. No harm will come to you.

I don't see a problem with a person getting shot dead if they are vandalising public property. I doubt it's legal in Texas though! Still, banning shariah law, as it says Texas has done officially in the article and making the threat of citizen action against vandals are good steps to take. It's gone so far that spoiled little child like brats (liberals) think they can just do anything they want. To solve that a quick snap back to reality is required.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Yep. Want to do something to make a point, think about it, take a step back. Just go home. Take a deep breath, relax and maybe do something worthwhile.

Its better than emotional stupidity.

bally

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I think I saw you stepping on the lawn - forbidden! *shakes with uncontrollable anger*

I SHOOT YOU NOW!

Yes, this whole thread is ridiculous. Who would *kill* a person for vandalism?! If you think that would be a good move, you have some serious selfcontrol-problems..

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

I don't see a problem with a person getting shot dead if they are vandalising public property. I doubt it's legal in Texas though! Still, banning shariah law, as it says Texas has done officially in the article and making the threat of citizen action against vandals are good steps to take. It's gone so far that spoiled little child like brats (liberals) think they can just do anything they want. To solve that a quick snap back to reality is required.

Ever feel your blood run cold?
In the dead of night or when your doing something questionable, nothing snaps you back to reality like the sound of someone racking a shotgun. That double metallic click with a thunk in the middle, as the 12 gage round is sucked into the barrel, is un-mistakable.

It's something to think about before being rude to your neighbors.
edit on 23-8-2017 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Are you advocating the destruction of statues ?

Are you defending the actions of the butthurt citizens of the earth ?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I go along with giving vandal a taste of a 12 gage rock salt load in the ass.

That farmers round will burn like fire and the vandal will remember the pain the rest of his life.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Don't mess with Texas. We mess back.😉😉😉

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: UKTruth

I think I saw you stepping on the lawn - forbidden! *shakes with uncontrollable anger*

I SHOOT YOU NOW!

Yes, this whole thread is ridiculous. Who would *kill* a person for vandalism?! If you think that would be a good move, you have some serious selfcontrol-problems..

Trespassers will be shot. Used to be fair enough. Should be again.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
So a graffiti artist could get killed legally?.
Backward place that to me making property more important then a life...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Hang on a minute folks....You all know I'm a staunch defender of the 2nd and pro concealed carry. I'm as tired of this rabid Liberal BS as the next person, but....
Do you really...seriously...think you'd kill someone over a statue?
If they turned on you with a hammer or whatever, fine, defend yourself if you have to, but Jesus Christ people...we're talking about killing another human being over a chunk of rock.

This has gone WAY too goddamn far.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I agree also UKTruth I thought you were against violence? guess only when it is the nazis getting duffed up eh?.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join