It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a little Russia on my mind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
So while everybody was arguing about what to do with a few thousand pounds of copper and steel replicas of dead generals and while President Trump has gone off to Phoenix to have his ego assuaged by his adoring public the investigation into all things Russia has been quietly continuing.

Today the Senate judiciary committee interviewed the founder of Fusion GPS.
Glenn Simpson a former investigative reporter for the New York Times was interviewed for about ten hours today during which time it is reported he turned over 40,000 pages of documents.

www.politico.com...

WASHINGTON — The co-founder of a Washington opposition research firm that produced a dossier of salacious allegations involving President Donald Trump met for hours with congressional investigators Tuesday in a closed-door appearance that stretched into the evening.

Glenn Simpson's lawyer emerged from the daylong private appearance with the Senate Judiciary Committee and said his client had "told Congress the truth and cleared the record on many matters of interest."

The sheer length of Simpson's appearance - far longer, for instance, than Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, spent earlier this summer before Senate and House intelligence committees - reflected the intrigue on Capitol Hill surrounding the dossier and the origins of the document

Another source...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

While in related news former MI6 agent Christopher Steele has reportedly interviewed with the FBI and has named his sources for the infamous dossier.

www.nydailynews.com...

Investigations into that alleged meddling have been trying to talk to Steele, who has experience in the former Soviet Union and disappeared after his dossier became public,with ABC News reporting that he has now met with the FBI.

He reportedly told investigators about the names of his sources, identified only by letters in the dossier

edit on 8232017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Meanwhile back at the ranch

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
And

www.politicususa.com...

Trump Blew A Gasket Because Mitch McConnell Won’t Protect Him From The Russia Investigation

By Jason Easley on Tue, Aug 22nd, 2017 at 6:16 pm

The real reason why Trump is angry at Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is that he blames McConnell for not doing enough to protect him from the Russia investigation.

Wasn't it something very like this that got the special councels convened in the first place?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I think we'll be hearing about this a lot for the rest of the week.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I think this is what that rally was distracting from.
Trump is advised in advance when stories are going to break and so got his face on tv to preempt it.
Yes this is going to be news worthy because there are now new allegations of obstruction of justice. Trump reportedly was in a screaming match with McConnel about how he wasn't doing enough to protect him from the Russian investigation by the Senate judiciary committee.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
One damn shot of tequila.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Oh well everyone must be sleeping. Ill check back in.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
No one cares were all awake

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Thanks for the update on this story that has nothing to do with my life. When there is actually something of value that effects me to come out of this "investigation", I'll have something more to say. As for now, everything that can be said has been said.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Meh....nice sources...who runs that PoliticusUSA? Louise Mensch and Claude Taylor?
It looks like their unhinged reporting style, Even CNN isn't reporting half that garbage on there.
Anyway...yeah the investigation is moving along despite all the deranged Leftists destroying statues and monuments down there, all the while insisting Trump and his supporters are Nazis.
Mitch McConnell is a political hack and knowing how you like approval ratings Silly, he is running at a 18% clip in his home state lol...that's really bad, even Trump has him beat by your approval rating calculations.
Don't forget....check under your bed for Russians and Nazis.
edit on 23-8-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

What a total bunch of crap.. Trumps no saint, but you are desperate if after all this time you are still clinging to the lie that the Russians control Trump and decided this election

Few points,

Today the Senate judiciary committee interviewed the founder of Fusion GPS.

Co Founder actually, but a way to smudge the facts.

there are now new allegations of obstruction of justice

From who? you? Comey? Loretta Lynch?

Don't you think, after all the utter nonsense of this past 7 months.. that if there was anything at all worthy for these bogus claims made by cry baby democrats... that it would be plastered all over CNN ?

The fact that the mainstream bull plop media who manipulated your precious mind with this crap have stopped talking about it is indicative that there's nothing there.

If you havent woken up to the fact that the bulk of the media are going balls to the wall with nonsense to tear down this government, then I really am worried for your future prospects

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Useless threads like this remind me that their are better more fulfilling things to do than check ATS.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Since the other sources are throwing up paywalls, I had to go by the Mail article and check it with other sources before I could comment, because this whole dossier thing seems the current hot item of interest for multiple agencies and investigations regarding Trump and Russia. So here are a few things I noticed:

The Judiciary panel, headed by Iowa Republican Sen. Charles Grassley, is probing compliance with the Foreign Registration Act. The Senate Intelligence Committee is conducting its own probe. A public hearing the committee held before a Senate recess featured Hermitage Capital founder William Browder, who testified that Kremlin-linked Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya hired Simpson's firm in an effort to 'smear' him. Browder's lawyer, Sergei Magnitsky, died in a Russian prison, prompting passage of the Magnitsky Act slapping sanctions on Russian officials. Participants at the hearing detailed efforts by Veselnitskaya to try to roll back the Magnitsky Act without having registered as a foreign agent.

So what I am reading here is that Ms. Veselnitskaya hired the same firm to smear Browder that later contracted Steele to dig up the dirt on trump. Interesting, to say the least.

The panel kept the details of the appearance under close guard – declining to provide details about the time or location when asked about it, while senators are away for recess.

Wow. Now that's pretty serious. Sounds like whatever was being said in there, the committees and investigations involved want a very tight and controlled questioning session. Sounds like they might be afraid of disruptions and possible leaks.

Given that according to that report, Steele told the committee the names of his sources aND contacts, and the amount of leaks in this administration, especially too Russia, they are probably tightening the security of the probe itself. i read in another article that one of Steele's sources from the Dossier, a dude with Kremlin ties, was found dead not long after. it's probably wise.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

'Veselnitskaya, through [the firm] Baker Hostetler, hired Glenn Simpson of the firm Fusion GPS to conduct a smear campaign against me and Sergei Magnitsky in advance of congressional hearings on the Global Magnitsky Act,' Browder testified.

Source

Did Browder made any mention during his testimony of his own personal attemps to smear people and silence critics ?

Film by Andrei Nekrasov: ‘The Magnitsky Act. Behind the Scenes’

A new documentary blows apart the West’s Russia-bashing narrative about the 2009 death of Sergei Magnitsky. So the response has been to stop the public from seeing the film while calling it Russian “agit-prop”.

Despite all the threats of lawsuits and physical intimidation which hedge fund executive William Browder brought to bear over the past couple of months to ensure that a remarkable investigative film about the so-called Magnitsky case would not be screened anywhere, it was shown privately in a museum of journalism in Washington, D.C., last week.

The failure of the intimidation may give heart to others. There is talk that the film may be shown publicly in Norway, where its production company is located, but where an attempt several weeks ago to enter it into a local festival for documentaries was rejected by the hosts for fear of lawsuits. Moreover, a Norwegian court has in the past week declined to hear the libel charges which Browder’s attorneys were seeking to bring against the film’s director and producers.

Browder was more successful in intimidating the European Parliament where a screening of the film was cancelled in late April while I was in the audience. But I have now seen the banned documentary privately and The Magnitsky Act. Behind the Scenes is truly an amazing film that takes the viewer through the thought processes of well-known independent film maker Andrei Nekrasov as he sorts through the evidence.

At the outset of his project, Nekrasov planned to produce a docu-drama that would be one more public confirmation of the narrative that Browder has sold to the U.S. Congress and to the American and European political elites, that a 36-year-old whistleblower “attorney” (actually an accountant) named Sergei Magnitsky was arrested, tortured and murdered by Russian authorities for exposing a $230 million tax fraud scheme.

This shocking tale of alleged Russian official corruption and brutality drove legislation that was a major landmark in the descent of U.S.-Russian relations under President Barack Obama to a level rivaling the worst days of the Cold War.

But what the film shows is how Nekrasov, as he detected loose ends to the official story, begins to unravel Browder’s fabrication which was designed to conceal his own corporate responsibility for the criminal theft of the money. As Browder’s widely accepted story collapses, Magnitsky is revealed not to be a whistleblower but a likely abettor to the fraud who died in prison not from an official assassination but from banal neglect of his medical condition.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Useless threads like this remind me that their are better more fulfilling things to do than check ATS.

They always remind me to take out the trash. However, interesting things do turn up lately amid all the desperation and finger pointing. Like the reply directly below yours...that is quite interesting. Sheds quite a different light on the "matter" than the one presented in the OP. Even makes one question who it was out there that really wanted the public distracted.

All these people who seem so very fond of stirring up sh!t also seem to have forgotten one simple fact: Manure makes excellent fertilizer, too.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Just sing "Russia" every time he sings "Georgia"

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

You're so impressed with yourself you had to reply to your own thread four times?

Neato.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Don't you think, after all the utter nonsense of this past 7 months.. that if there was anything at all worthy for these bogus claims made by cry baby democrats... that it would be plastered all over CNN?

You can't put the same thing in the news over and over again, and most of it is boring to follow. Have some patience. Real investigations take a lot of time to complete and I hear this one has been unusually quick, even. Watergate took two years, and this is even more sensitive since a foreign power is implicated. They can't be indicting presidents all willy nilly.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
More lies from the resident liar
looks like the 5th made an appearance
imagine that

abcnews.go.com...

While Simpson’s attorney said his client provided significant details about his firm’s findings, he did not reveal the identities of those who paid for his research.

Simpson “kept the identities of Fusion GPS’ clients confidential,” Levy said in his statement. “Fusion GPS represents businesses, individuals and, occasionally, political clients on both the right and the left. When those clients want Fusion GPS to keep their identities confidential, Fusion GPS honors that commitment without exception - just as law firms and businesses do all over the country.”

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: robbeh

Oh ok got it.
Head in sand. How silly of me .of course you don't care.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join