It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESPN pulls Asian Man named Robert Lee From UVA broadcast.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

originally posted by: Grambler

This is not a hoax.

Are you sure? Do you have another source that doesn't point back to Outkick the Coverage?

The best I can do right now is a crappy boot of Tucker's show, where Fox Sports net reads a statement directly from ESPN that he was given.

Yeah - not saying it's not true, but does sound a bit fishy.. The only "official ESPN statement" I can see is also only on Outkick the Coverage.

It would take some huge nerve for a Fox sports net guy to claim to have a statement directly from ESPN and read it on a national show and have the story be a total hoax.

Or a huge mistake. But *if* it is true, I agree, overreaction by ESPN.

hey no shame in demanding proof, I am with you there.

But this looks legit.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

In that moment was directly after a certain amount of money changed hands. IMO of course.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Really. This is just Lunacy.
Please...someone from the Left...just admit this is getting ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Idiocracy is now a documentary

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Is that your YT channel?

link   
Wtf, this is one of the most idiotic things iv heard in a while. If people were gonna get angry and kick off over this, then they'd serious psychological help.
Can't understand how someone could do this, major, major, over the top reaction.
Have the people over the pond had something added to their water?
edit on 22-8-2017 by Funem because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: JinMI

Collectively made the decision? Right, I forgot employees and their national conglomerate employers were on equal footing. No chance whatsoever Mr. Lee felt discriminated against by ESPN's effort to show how conscientious they were to avoid any appearance they might support discrimination.

Lewis Carroll would be jealous of how reality is upstaging his ideas.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Someone, somewhere is going to come out and say this is a giant troll on all of us. This cannot be true...please.....just, please let this be a joke.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Really. This is just Lunacy.
Please...someone from the Left...just admit this is getting ridiculous.

I don't think anyone will defend this tbh

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Apparently, yes.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Whatever killed River Pheonix now seems to be being sprayed in US skies.

link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Grambler

Is that your YT channel?

haha!

Nope just one I found.

link   
The left is committing suicide with all of the retarded crap they are pulling.

I think even more people will be joining the right come next election.

link   

originally posted by: khnum
Whatever killed River Pheonix now seems to be being sprayed in US skies.

Speedball?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So an Asian man that happens to have the name Robert Lee can not work a UVA game because ESPN thinks his NAME will trigger people.

ESPN did him a favor, there was a high probability he could have been relocated to a museum.

They should just replace him with a pregnant black woman.

Named Roberts Lee

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

If this is not indicative of furthering the narration and agenda, I'm not sure what to tell folks anymore. What's right and wrong is now (to them) becoming a blurry line.

Good to see ya back Loam!

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The Leftist PC/Thought/Speech etc. police force utter #ing insanity that has infiltrated our semi-normal society is quite possibly taking us down the road of no return in this country.
For ESPN to do this over something so coincidental as someone's name has got to jolt anyone with half a brain cell back to reality.
If it doesn't jolt them back to reality, the reboot is coming...I for one will welcome it, it has been needed for a long time now.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
So when did everybody start smoking crack?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Seriously, fellow ATSers, I'm not being facetious when I say there is some kind of mass psychosis going on with the left.

Perhaps some version of this:

Mass psychogenic illness (MPI), also called mass sociogenic illness or just sociogenic illness,[1] is "the rapid spread of illness signs and symptoms affecting members of a cohesive group, originating from a nervous system disturbance involving excitation, loss, or alteration of function, whereby physical complaints that are exhibited unconsciously have no corresponding organic" cause.[2] MPI is distinct from other collective delusions, also included under the blanket terms of mass hysteria, in that MPI causes symptoms of disease, though there is no organic cause.

There is a clear preponderance of female victims.[1] The DSM-IV-TR does not have specific diagnosis for this condition but the text describing conversion disorder states that "In 'epidemic hysteria', shared symptoms develop in a circumscribed group of people following 'exposure' to a common precipitant."

This decision regarding Robert Lee is very worrisome in that it is truly mass craziness. I am actually serious when I say it may be time for the CDC to look into this.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

So when did everybody start smoking crack?

Oh, wait, you meant metaphorically.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join