It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Town HOA Bellville Tx Spends $100,000 In 8 years, Hires 13 lawyers To Close Chicken Coop

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
youtu.be...

Are they kidding? This lady lost here home and business to forclosure for selling chickens in the country? All HOA's are made up of crazy people. Any thoughts out there. Do you kike your HOA are they good or bad to you and your family.

Do you think you have HOA troubles? So do others . Here is an unbelievable story and link for proof. How can this even be trues?

Small Town HOA Bellville Tx Spends $100,000 In 8 years, Hires 13 lawyers To Close Chicken Coop

onthecommons.net... Here is a radio show for HOA rights. If you have problems look at this page.
edit on 22-8-2017 by whistleblowernow because: missing link

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: whistleblowernow

Here's your vid.

edit on 22-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: whistleblowernow

Can you give a summary of the video for those of us who can't watch?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

"There needs to be guidelines and rules." Yeah and you signed their contract. HOA's aren't cool in my book. I wouldn't contract with one.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
HOA are pure poison. Fees and fines for not having the same color house as everyone else? Can't have a small vegetable or herb garden? Only "approved" amount of holiday decorations? Can't park in your own damn driveway and have to park in the garage, because it makes the neighborhood look neater?
I'm sure they think they're keeping the neighborhood up to some kind of standard, but they mostly attract the ones who just want to be able to run their neighbors lives and lord it over them. "Gotta be nice to Mrs X, she's the HOA President and you don't want to upset her". When you start making the payments on my house, you can tell me what I can do with it. Till then...STFU and mind your own business.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Any thoughts out there. Do you like your HOA are they good or bad to you and your family.

Had no idea how corrupt until I lived in one.

The board members are Entrenched 'career' Bureaucrats, who can't be voted out because there is never a Quorum (enough participation) during elections.

They break the rules with impunity, at the same time denying the rest of the membership satisfaction for real issues.

Form parking permits to building permits, hand me down close meeting blanket policy that everyone else must adhere to except them.

There was a lawsuit over stupid s*** a resident filed and won, at the end of the proceedings the judge commented he never saw so corrupt an orginaization...

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
When you agree to move into a HOA, you agree to the rules.
Don't like the rules?
Don't buy the house.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
HOA are pure poison. Fees and fines for not having the same color house as everyone else? Can't have a small vegetable or herb garden? Only "approved" amount of holiday decorations? Can't park in your own damn driveway and have to park in the garage, because it makes the neighborhood look neater?
I'm sure they think they're keeping the neighborhood up to some kind of standard, but they mostly attract the ones who just want to be able to run their neighbors lives and lord it over them. "Gotta be nice to Mrs X, she's the HOA President and you don't want to upset her". When you start making the payments on my house, you can tell me what I can do with it. Till then...STFU and mind your own business.

I don't believe there is such a thing as these 'HOAs' in the UK. However.. I think they serve as an interesting microcosm of the rest of the world, certainly of governments in general.

The issue I feel is always thus; in order to rise to a position of power you need to be the kind of person who wants to rise to a position of power, the motivation of which is always going to be (at it's most basic) the love of having power and influence over others. The kind of person who loves having power over others is, necessarily, not the type of person you want having power over others.

The kind of person who you would want to have power over others is someone who does not wish to have power and control over others. However, because they do not want it, they will not seek it and, therefore, will never be in a position of power.

This is ultimately the problem of any and all forms of government; the ideology, no matter how noble, will always be corrupted by the fundamental fact that whomever is in charge, wishes to be so.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
HOA's are evil.

Never ever buy a home with a HOA.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Yep there was a Marine veteran who was sued over flying the U.S. flag at his house by the hoa.

Never buy a house with an hoa.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: grey580

Yep there was a Marine veteran who was sued over flying the U.S. flag at his house by the hoa.

Never buy a house with an hoa.

Jaden

Was that the one that was not allowed to put a flag "pole" in his yard?
But he could hang a flag on his house?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
HOAs are because some people simply don't know how to be a considerate neighbor. Yes, there are some HOAs that can be over bearing but the reason they institute rules is so individuals don't mess up property values for everyone else.

Just because you like to work on hoopties in your yard does not mean your neighbors want to see junk cars all over the yard. I can also see why neighbors would not want some lady running a mini farm in her back yard.

In urban environs, you have to be far more considerate of your neighbors. However, if you want to move way out in the sticks and live on 10 acres or whatever, by all means you can do what you want. But in situations where your actions affect the neighbors, HOAs serve a purpose.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

As much as I hate to say it, HOA's are a necessary evil. I do not like them, I think they're completely bat# insane with their rules/regulations, and how they can pretty much prevent you from ever turning your home into what you really want it to be.

With that said, though, I've personally known people who sought out homes not in HOA areas, and I've seen what can happen because of it. My wife's parents moved out of their home of 15+ years because a few families bought homes for their college kids, and, well, just imagine what happens when you let a bunch of rude college kids with no respect into your neighborhood. The father actually went up to my father-in-law and apologized to him from day one, so he even knew how bad his child would be. My wives parents weren't the only ones to move away from there.

edit on 22-8-2017 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb
I've never heard of HOAs in the uk But everywhere you go, from small villages to cities, they all have their little groups (unelected, with too much power) that dictate to the local authorities what they want and what they don't want and because these groups are usually set up and run by the local bigwigs the influence they have is extra-ordinary.
They usually go by the titles of "heritage committee" or "keep this town clean".
What gets my goat is all these people that move out of the cities into the country (because they've watched too much Downton Abbey) then rant and rave about the cow muck smell.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Don't like the rules?
Don't buy the house.

But sometimes the rules change without notice...or rules are arbitrarily enforced, or not enforced for "special" people. That's what this is about.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Don't like the rules?
Don't buy the house.

But sometimes the rules change without notice...or rules are arbitrarily enforced, or not enforced for "special" people. That's what this is about.

Then live in an area that doesn't have an HOA, and deal with the other side of that coin. Here's to hoping you'd be lucky enough to find like-minded neighbors.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Don't like the rules?
Don't buy the house.

HOAs have published declarations and by laws. They can't arbitrarily change the rules without board approval. The vast majority of HOAs function just fine. Every now and then, you have a unique situation that needs to be dealt with. Unfortunately, in those cases it is usually both the HOA and homeowner being both idiots.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Don't like the rules?
Don't buy the house.

exactly!
homeowners who are friends with the association board members can do whatever they want and there is nothing anyone can do to force the HOA to enforce the rules against their buddies. HOA are just good ole boy clubs filled with shallow easily corruptible people.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

I'd also like to mention that if people stop buying property that is associated with HOA, the HOA will start to lose power.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I can't understand why anybody would live in a place with an HOA. If I did, I can pretty much guarantee you that I'd end up in prison for long time.

I figure if you're stupid enough to live in a place where there's an HOA, you made your bed. If people had enough sense to refuse to buy in any place where there's an HOA, things would change.
edit on 2017 8 22 by incoserv because: I could.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join