It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The current nature of ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hey all,

I have been a seeker of ATS for over ten years and occasionally come back to see if anything catches my eye. Rarely posting unless I feel like it is necessary.

ATS is completely different in nature than before. It is such a dramatic shift. It seems as though that ATS once a place of people who penetrated through the veil of deception and stranger mysteries. Became a place to argue of political indifferences, instead of
Investigating deeper truths of our society and civilization.

Clearly, the TPTB has successfully changed the consciousness of ATS. Which I previously believed to be one of the most aware sites on the internet. We can not always go back to the past. But I look forward for the nature of ATS to rekindle it's depth and wake up from the mass hypnosis.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SparkOfSparks6
Hey all,

I have been a seeker of ATS for over ten years and occasionally come back to see if anything catches my eye. Rarely posting unless I feel like it is necessary.

ATS is completely different in nature than before. It is such a dramatic shift. It seems as though that ATS once a place of people who penetrated through the veil of deception and stranger mysteries. Became a place to argue of political indifferences, instead of

Clearly, the TPTB has successfully changed the consciousness of ATS. Which I previously believed to be one of the most aware sites on the internet. We can not always go back to the past. But I look forward for the nature of ATS to rekindle it's depth and wake up from the mass hypnosis.

The worst part is almost everybody who reads this is going to imagine those they disagree with as being the target of your commentary.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SparkOfSparks6

ATS is completely different in nature than before.

Yes, the weeds are taking over.

The only truth here is your flavor of partisan bias.

Clearly, the TPTB has successfully changed the consciousness of ATS.

Sadly, it's been a coordinated effort.

I look forward for the nature of ATS to rekindle it's depth and wake up from the mass hypnosis.

S.O.S.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: SparkOfSparks6
Hey all,

The worst part is almost everybody who reads this is going to imagine those they disagree with as being the target of your commentary.

Very true, indeed.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
We could go back to the good old days of christians and the rest hating on gays, I recall that quite well. It's not just ATS, it's our countries and most of the developed world. I get what you're saying but don't blame us, blame our overlords.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
ATS has never been better!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
ATS has never been better!

That's mostly because DB is now on a diet, before he was sucking up all the bandwidth and mixing it with his breakfast sausage smoothie.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The current nature of ATS.

The twilight zone,

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

And had you actually been paying attention, you would know there's been at least 40 or 50 threads complaining about the same things you are complaining about.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well perhaps people should just refrain from throwing veiled and baseless accusations around like candy without backing them up first. When you call them out they pretend it wasn't meant like that. Why they always feel the need to use them in a discussion in the first place is beyond me.

I guess Sillyolme for instance is still pissed that i turned her Typhus Mary comment around and instead decided to make it my title. I'm quite fond of it now. Thanks Silly.

I'm still missing some other labels in my vast collection of insults towards me. It's quite confusing where my loyalties supposed to lie at the moment. I'm apparently a Nazi sympathizer and a rightwinged white supremacist Trump supporter with a sprinkle of Alt-Right and the mindset of Typhus Mary. Weird combination if you ask me but hey at least nobody compared me to Göbbels and Himmler...yet.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The only thing worse than being a puppet is......nothing.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I hear you on that. The political/social situation of the US has dominated the threads for over a year now. I check in daily to see what's up, and rarely find the kind of content we used to have. "The times they are a changing."

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What did you think was gonna happen when ATS decided to add forums like US Political Madness and Posse Comitatus. Politicians and People still has Obama's portrait for an icon.

Right or wrong, internet political debate pays the bills.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Maybe we should consider why that is?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

ATS just reflects the schism that is present in our Country. Yes I know ATS has a worldwide following but it's mainly US people.

That and the spinning of things with fake news from all sides that has turned modern day Conspiracies into topics that dare not be spoken of; cough cough certain foodgate.

Things will eventually reach the correct equilibrium or we will have a Purge night.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
On a bright side note. ATS has become the go-to site for me for breaking news. There is nowhere else in the internets where you can find out more details of a breaking story in real time.

I often will find out things on ATS days before the lame media picks it up.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

And had you actually been paying attention, you would know there's been at least 40 or 50 threads complaining about the same things you are complaining about.

So the problems should just be ignored? Because we discussed it before, so even though no solutions have been found, it is not worth talking about again?? well, thank you very much, that was helpfull...

Another problem on this site, beside people blaming everybody else for every problem in the world, is the usually gang of trolls, showing up in almost every thread, posting funny but off topic comments. It is almost impossible, to discuss anything of value in here, when you have to scroll through 10 pages of useless chit chat, that has nothing to do with what is being discussed!

I due value humor, but i must also accept that ATS is nothing like it once was. It is filled with trolls and crazy people, who think, that by voting and giving their power and right to decide over their own lives away, they gonna find that one perfect leader, who is gonna tell them how to life their life just perfect. That way they dont have to take any responsibilities themself, they can just blame everybody else for voting that one bad apple into office, time after time again...

I guess that what iam trying to say, is that we have to take some responsibility ourselfs. If I want better content on ATS, i will have to create it myself ...so yeah, ATS is properly not gonna change for the better anytime soon...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
If extraterrestrials would finally make definitive first contact then people would give politics a break for a month or two.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Been a member for five years, viewer for twelve and I've noticed a change.

When I first stumbled across ATS when I googled 'laser weapons' in a IT class and somehow ATS was one of the top results. I clicked and was greeted by stories of secret military tech, UFO's, cryptozoology, weird science, etc but now the front page is cluttered with 'the left did this' or 'the right did that' and other such political rhetoric.

I will engage in political debates but I feel that some other topics have been swept under the rug, possibly because they are no longer relevant due to recycling but I still would like to be greeted by tales of high strangeness.

edit on 21-8-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join