It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Our Children Value Things More Than Life

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

You missed the point. It was stats from now vs the olden days (although exactly when that was isn't established).

The anxiety I mean is the paranoid feeling that it is going to happen to you when statistically speaking it is not likely and a little care drops it down even further.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Ah, I see. Sorry.

I'm probably like a super triggered person when it comes to these subjects tbh.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The numbers are huge because they include a variety of categories involving crimes against children.

Children are very often victims because they are vulnerable, they often don't realize that what is being done to them is a crime, because they want to please, and they are afraid of making adults angry.

We have several different programs working on addressing the problem of child abduction, child trafficking, and child abuse. Though the departments are separate we do work as a team.

It is not my intent to cause undue anxiety or angst, it is my intent to make people aware. I see way too many of these cases and the majority of the sexual assault cases involve some abuse related to use of the internet.

Drowning is the 3rd leading cause of unintentional injury death worldwide, parents are warned about the dangers of drowning and encouraged to take steps to prevent it. It is not considered fear mongering or the intentional creation of undue anxiety, to educate the parents and make them aware of the dangers that can occur when leaving a child unsupervised around water, and teaching about cyber safety should be no more anxiety producing.

I worked a number of years in shock trauma and I attended to numerous cases of drownings and near drownings, but the number of cases I have received from sexual exploitation and for technology facilitated crimes is insanely higher in numbers.

People can't fix or avoid a problem that don't know exists, and this problems exists.

Thank you. I am pleased that you found my sharing beneficial.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I understand. It is a sensitive subject for many people.

I guess it is a pet peeve of mine when people see the past through rose colored glasses and refuse to accept that things where probably worse back then.

edit on 22-8-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

My death involves Coke,sugar and meat... chose it well I think.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Cav, you really lost me here. It is early and I have a long meeting waiting for me at the lab, so I am not on my A game. Maybe I will be able to understand it after coffee.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

A statement about choosing deaths and poisons chosen.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join