It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Petition to Recognize Antifa as a Terrorist Org Surpasses Goal of 100k Signatures in Just 4 Days

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The petition that was started just this past Thursday has already surpassed it's goal of 100,000 required signatures. As of this post the amount of signatures has risen to 145,000.

FOX NEWS - A petition to label the anti-Trump group "Antifa" a terrorist organization sped past the requirement of 100,000 signatures needed to get a response from the White House.

The petition says Antifa's "violent actions in multiple cities and their influence in the killings of multiple police officers throughout the United States" earns it the terrorist designation.

"It is time for the pentagon to be consistent in its actions," the petition reads. "Just as they rightfully declared ISIS a terror group, they must declare AntiFa a terror group – on the grounds of principle, integrity, morality, and safety."

Fox

Looks like the tides are finally turning, this wave of hysteria is about to crash. The silent majority has had enough.
edit on 21-8-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

I rarely sign any petitions, because I think they are as worthless as protesting. However I signed this one!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I rarely sign any petitions, because I think they are as worthless as protesting. However I signed this one!

As did I

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

It's so obvious that antifa are terrorists that even CNN - the retards of the media world, agree that antifa are homo-ISIS.

The construction of the death-star also surpassed the minimum requirement of signatures so I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet, still, if you see an antifa - you should exercise your right as a US citizen and invoke the patriot act and detain them for a minimum of 48hrs without charge, and torture them mentally and physically.

Just as the Department of Homeland Security does with potential terrorists.

You can achieve a lot in 48hrs.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Now they are going to have to raise the bar of entry on those WH petitions to like 1million at least.

I mean 1 solid "doggo" or "Short Boye" post on Reddit would get a petition signed to make a Corgi the official dog of the US before 9am. Get something people really care about and they will shut down the servers faster than they can zoomie.

I'm getting old and forcing it I think, I don't know. Frankly I don't even know what those words mean I just see them all the time.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
The petition that was started just this past Thursday has already surpassed it's goal of 100,000 required signatures. As of this post the amount of signatures has risen to 145,000.

Terrorism is defined as “the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims”. This definition is the same definition used to declare ISIS and other groups, as terrorist organizations. AntiFa has earned this title due to its violent actions in multiple cities and their influence in the killings of multiple police officers throughout the United States. It is time for the pentagon to be consistent in its actions – and just as they rightfully declared ISIS a terror group, they must declare AntiFa a terror group – on the grounds of principle, integrity, morality, and safety.

WhiteHouse.gov

Looks like the tides are finally turning, this wave of hysteria is about to crash. The silent majority has had enough.

Don't.

Let's reserve that term for people who behead innocent people, fly planes into towers, release gas in the subway, bombs buildings, or who roast people - children and adults alike - alive in cages above roaring fire.

I want people to think of the horrors of the above, not the douchebags who push and shove and perhaps punches people in the face while yelling mean things, when I mention terror and terrorists.

Don't diminish the horrific actions of (what I perceive to be) *real* terrorists by putting them in the same category as antifa.

Just don't.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Terrorism is defined as “the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims”. This definition is the same definition used to declare ISIS and other groups, as terrorist organizations. AntiFa has earned this title due to its violent actions in multiple cities and their influence in the killings of multiple police officers throughout the United States. It is time for the pentagon to be consistent in its actions – and just as they rightfully declared ISIS a terror group, they must declare AntiFa a terror group – on the grounds of principle, integrity, morality, and safety.

WhiteHouse.gov

Good!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
proving america has at least 100'000 fascists well done

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

WhiteHouse.gov

Don't.

Let's reserve that term for people who behead innocent people, fly planes into towers, release gas in the subway, bombs buildings, or who roast people - children and adults alike - alive in cages above roaring fire.

I want people to think of the horrors of the above, not the douchebags who push and shove and perhaps punches people in the face while yelling mean things, when I mention terror and terrorists.

Don't diminish the horrific actions of (what I perceive to be) *real* terrorists by putting them in the same category as antifa.

Just don't.

To be clear, I am not giving antifa a free pass, but I think that it is so important to distinguish between beheading and bullying that even though, yes, they could fit the definition, we should invent a new term. Like "political hate group", "anti-democratic movement" or something like that.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

WhiteHouse.gov

Don't.

Just don't.

Dictionary.com
Terrorism : noun
1. The use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

WhiteHouse.gov

Don't.

Just don't.

Terrorism : noun
1. The use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

To be sure, and as stated, I am not giving antifa a free pass, but I think that it is so important to distinguish between beheading and bullying that even though, yes, they could fit the definition, we should invent a new term.

Like "political hate group", "anti-democratic movement" or something like that.
edit on 21-8-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

link   
145k out of 323m

I remember someone here using the same logic to shut down the statistical relevance of white supremacy here in America, surely the same logic would apply.

People will sign anything, just look at an archive of the petitions that go to the whitehouse.

+9 more 
link   

originally posted by: growler

We are coming to get you!

Must suck to wake up every day believing there are Nazi's around every corner looking to get you, and when you can't find any you just start imagining them?

I do believe there is a mental disorder that covers that illness?

link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Can we just call them for what they are? How about .... Communist Agitators.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Antifa ARE terrorist, just like ISIS and BLM and the KKK and Nazis and etc etc. Trying to make a distinction is problematic and, well, sad.
edit on 21-8-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

That pic of the lady with the sunglasses in the middle. Did she just pick off a scab so she could fit in? lol
EDIT: I'm not attempting to make fun of any of these events, I just thought that certain pic is a bit funny out of context.
edit on 21-8-2017 by GreenRiverRonin because: disclaimer?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

You should state in your OP that this is a news item. You could link to a news site, as there are several that are covering this.

Otherwise, you are running the risk of this post getting deleted by ATS because it is against the rules to solicit petition signers (which this could be construed as).
edit on 21/8/2017 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman

You should state in your OP that this is a news item. You could link to a news site, as there are several that are covering this.

Otherwise, you are running the risk of this post getting deleted by ATS because it is against the rules to solicit petition signers (which this could be construed as).

The point of the thread is the news that it already surpassed it's goal, but good point none the less, I'll edit.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: growler

growler wtf bro. Look up the definition. 2nd reply in 12 hours from you that is complete garbage and I'm not looking for ya.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: growler

Your post make me think you are antifa, or hate white people at least.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join