It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Just try to explain this away....

What is the flat earth model answer to the retrograde of the visible plants path across the night sky the ancients called wanders?

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

What is the flat earth model answer to the retrograde of the visible plants path across the night sky the ancients called wanders?

Planets are stars with unique paths, over the flat Earth, that's all.

It's not hard to understand why the ancients called them wandering, or wanders, in the skies above them.

Look at Saturn, see it spin and wobble like a top, and it's obviously not a planet, as they claim. A lie is exposed for all to see, if you choose to see the truth, as I do.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1
Look at Saturn, see it spin and wobble like a top, and it's obviously not a planet, as they claim. ..

Well, what is it then? It cannot be a star, as Saturn does not light up itself (we can see Saturn from its side sometimes, and there is a black half Saturn).

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

Look at Saturn, see it spin and wobble like a top, and it's obviously not a planet, as they claim. ..

Well, what is it then? It cannot be a star, as Saturn does not light up itself (we can see Saturn from its side sometimes, and there is a black half Saturn).

Saturn does indeed light itself, as all stars do.

What do you mean, Saturn is sometimes half black? Any source clip on that? I'll wait for it....

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Planets are stars with unique paths, over the flat Earth, that's all.

It's not hard to understand why the ancients called them wandering, or wanders, in the skies above them.

Look at Saturn, see it spin and wobble like a top, and it's obviously not a planet, as they claim. A lie is exposed for all to see, if you choose to see the truth, as I do.

No... lol

Saturn doesn't wobble... and you didn't even come close to explaining why retrograde happens

feel free to explain... you would be the first flat earther to attempt it

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Saturn does wobble, and spins very fast, without a doubt.

Look at the video clips, it's obvious to see the movements of Saturn, if you are honest, that is.

You really believe Saturn is not spinning at all, then? That it is stationary, and motionless?

If so, I suggest you look at still frames of the video clips, and see if Saturn looks the exact same in all the stills. What excuse will you make up for that, when you see Saturn is NOT the same in all the stills? Perhaps it'll be a 'light effect of the camera lens', or some other nonsense....

I'm sure the details we see of stars are just 'camera effects', too. Every star has a different 'camera effect', which shows different details on different stars, of course.

The day is soon coming where the cameras have advanced enough to make your excuses look so totally, entirely ridiculous, that you can no longer try pretending these are just 'camera/light effects' anymore...

I can't wait for it, either.

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Ya that day happened about 20 years ago... the days of "fish eye lenses" are far behind us... not that you'd understand that though

And once again you didn't explain a damn thing...

Saturn doesn't wobble... what you consider a wobble might be an effect of the atmosphere

Sure it spins... all planets do, but its hardly noticeable for most people, even with telescopes...

Just say... "God did it" like the rest of your people and prove your idiocy as per usual

You can't explain something that's easily explained because there isn't an explanation on a flat earth

edit on 18-5-2019 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   

look at all that wobble...

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I'm sorry, you're saying that planets are in fact stars? Do you have even the faintest idea about the difference between Saturn and the Sun, or are you upping the level of trolling for reactions again?

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   

The question was

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Yes, look at Saturn wobble, from about the 3:45 mark in your clip.

Thanks for proving my claim, in your very own post!

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

I'm sorry, you're saying that planets are in fact stars? Do you have even the faintest idea about the difference between Saturn and the Sun, or are you upping the level of trolling for reactions again?

Yes, I'm saying that 'planets' are in fact stars, only on unique paths, to common stars. I do know the difference between Saturn and the Sun. If you are suggesting that the Sun is a star, it is not a star. Not as they claim it to be, at least.

And yes, I'm actually discussing the issues here.

Trolls are those calling the people who are only discussing the issues, and giving their views on it..... 'trolls'.

Merely for their opinions on the issues, the REAL trolls will also spew insults about their intelligence, and character.....

Look at your post, and mine, if you want to see who acted like a troll here.

Nothing more to say on this, I'm back to debating the real issues again.
edit on 19-5-2019 by turbonium1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   

The question was

The fern and daisy move in one direction, the petunia and tulip go opposite direction, and the great rosebush coasts to and fro......that's what all the visible "plants" do.

Anyway, if you didn't keep posting the same questions, with the same typos, it'd be helpful...

So, to the 'retrograde' question, which you bring up...

We have to begin by understanding the term 'retrograde', in regards to the planets..

They describe it below...

Retrograde motion is an APPARENT change in the movement of the planet through the sky. It is not REAL in that the planet does not physically start moving backwards in its orbit. It just appears to do so because of the relative positions of the planet and Earth and how they are moving around the Sun.

All of this is complete, utter nonsense. They claim this is all an illusion, where the planets 'seem to change direction', in the sky, but they really don't!

The first problem you have here, is that you believe that there are planets (instead of unique stars), and you believe planets are all orbiting the Sun, so you will obviously believe these 'planets' are not really changing their direction, which is exactly what they are doing.

So there must be an excuse for what we can all see happen in the sky, as usual.

Well, folks, this is simply an 'illusion' of 'planets' changing direction. It is called 'retrograde'. It happens all the time, with all the 'planets'. When you see a planet in 'retrograde', which appears to change direction, it is not changing direction at all. It's an 'illusion'.

See, folks, what happens is that the Earth will speed by a planet, sometimes, and it 'looks' like the planet stopped, and went in the other direction! Except for Venus, which goes the other way all the time!

This is complete nonsense, but they needed an excuse for all of it, and this is the best they could come up with.

They call it all an 'illusion', and say they have 'theories' about why Venus doesn't fit in to the story.

Now, another problem - if the Earth is moving faster than the planets are, as claimed, then the planets would 'appear' to move slower and slower, until the Earth was alongside these planets, where they 'appear' to stop, and then, 'appear' to change direction, as Earth passes by them.....

So they simply claim 'there are various 'theories' about this, and that, but nobody knows for sure yet'

No, it has nothing to do with unknown theories, or magical illusions. It is what we see in the sky, which is really happening. 'Planets' are really stars, which move unique from other stars in the sky. They move in one direction, and then, they move in the opposite direction. Venus moves in the opposite direction of other star-planets, just as we see it move.

There are no ridiculous excuses needed for what we can all clearly see, with our own eyes. No 'theories' on why one planet doesn't fit the whole argument, when it's clearly wrong to begin with. All of the excuses may work on the masses, but it's obvious to anyone who looks closer, that it is complete rubbish, in 'scientific cloak'.

So again, to your question of 'retrograde' - there is no need to make up an illusion called 'retrograde', to support the flat Earth argument. The 'planets' are changing direction - which is exactly what we see them do, in the night sky.

You have to invent an 'illusion', which doesn't even work, so please go on believing in their bs, it's fine with me.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   

lol... right, so apparently mercury flickers... and stretches..

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Something else - those who suggest the planets only 'appear' to change direction make an analogy to your car, speeding past a slower car...

The analogy doesn't work, however.

When you pass the slower moving car, it does NOT 'appear' to go in the other direction! It is going in the same direction as you are, and you see it move in the same direction, behind your car.

If you are in an airplane, and you see another plane ahead of yours, what do you see when your plane passes underneath the other plane?

The other plane does not 'appear' to move in the opposite direction, when you pass it.

When you pass someone running 400 m on a track, what do you see when you look back at him? Does he 'appear' to change direction? No, that's ridiculous.

Do you understand what I'm saying yet?

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Indeed, Mercury does 'flicker', and 'stretch'. You obviously see that it moves in such a manner, just like you can see Saturn spins and wobbles, very quickly, as well...

Look at other stars, and how they also move in various ways, too. Every star moves, including 'planets', which are also stars.

Stars are energy-laden objects of light, which all move constantly, uniquely, by themselves, while moving in circular patterns above our flat Earth. The unique stars you call 'planets' are also energy-laden objects, which move differently in the sky than other stars, which move in circular patterns.

You obviously must realize that stars, if they were light years away, could never show details like we see, right?

Which leaves you trying to make excuses for why we see details of stars. But not only details, but specific movements of stars, which vary in motion, and color, and pattern, as well...

The atmosphere is your excuse, and faulty camera settings, etc...

Nothing in the atmosphere could possibly cause each star, and all stars, to 'appear' as if they move in unique patterns of light. Not a chance. It's also claimed the atmosphere is what makes stars 'appear to twinkle in the sky', which is also bs. Planes don't 'twinkle' in the atmosphere, no matter how high above the Earth. Stars appear to twinkle, because they DO twinkle, in the sky. The twinkle is seen to be light movements of stars, through magnification.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Something else - those who suggest the planets only 'appear' to change direction make an analogy to your car, speeding past a slower car...

The analogy doesn't work, however.

When you pass the slower moving car, it does NOT 'appear' to go in the other direction! It is going in the same direction as you are, and you see it move in the same direction, behind your car.

If you are in an airplane, and you see another plane ahead of yours, what do you see when your plane passes underneath the other plane?

The other plane does not 'appear' to move in the opposite direction, when you pass it.

When you pass someone running 400 m on a track, what do you see when you look back at him? Does he 'appear' to change direction? No, that's ridiculous.

Do you understand what I'm saying yet?

no... haven't got a clue..

DO you have any idea wtf you're talking about... because I seriously doubt it....

I got nothing for your reply.... bloody astonishing

edit on 19-5-2019 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Yes, I'm saying that 'planets' are in fact stars, only on unique paths, to common stars. I do know the difference between Saturn and the Sun. If you are suggesting that the Sun is a star, it is not a star. Not as they claim it to be, at least.

And yes, I'm actually discussing the issues here.

Trolls are those calling the people who are only discussing the issues, and giving their views on it..... 'trolls'.

Merely for their opinions on the issues, the REAL trolls will also spew insults about their intelligence, and character.....

Look at your post, and mine, if you want to see who acted like a troll here.

Nothing more to say on this, I'm back to debating the real issues again.

(Sigh)
I don't know how to break it to you mate, but you haven't been discussing real issues, you've been trolling us all. According to you the Earth is flat, gravity doesn't exist, evolution doesn't happen and now planets are stars. I don't know what you think about galaxies, probably something ridiculous.
You are a troll, trolling for reactions, because no-one can possibly be as stupid as to believe the above and still be able to type. I have reported you multiple times as a troll and I remain baffled as to why this wretched thread is still open.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

The only way the planets appear to travel backwards is because the earth orbits the sun.

If everything orbited the earth, there would be no appearance of backward travel of the planets.

More incoherent ranting by you where you continue to contradict yourself.

What is retrograde motion?
Posted by Christopher Crockett in ASTRONOMY ESSENTIALS |

earthsky.org...

Their westward motion is called retrograde motion by astronomers. Though it baffled ancient stargazers, we know now that retrograde motion is an illusion caused by the motion of Earth and these planets around the sun.

Astronomers like Nicolaus Copernicus and Johannes Kepler finally set us all straight when they realized Earth orbited the sun.

The Geocentric model of the solar system was abandoned because of its failures to explain what was observed, and its contradictions. It really is that simple.

Flat earth is now a blatant lie, and you are part of that lie.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

You obviously must realize that stars, if they were light years away, could never show details like we see, right?

Post a link to an example video of the details I need a good laugh and you can always provide one

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join