It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

So this question comes to mind.

It’s it false to say for flat earth vs spherical earth, the only way to gain altitude in a jet is to exert energy in both cases. So any increase in altitude requires an increase in energy.

Is it false to say for flat earth vs spherical earth, the pressure reading of the atmosphere at 35,000 ft would be the same in both models.

For spherical earth, why would a jet set to fly at 35,000 ft with settings set to zero rate of vertical climb not fly at a constant 35,000 ft. Because the jet has to exert more energy to climb, so if the jet is flying level with all forces balanced, why would the jet deviate from 35,000 ft?

And I have cited for you a source that in fact
“So YES, the PLANE is (technically) constantly pitching forward as it flies the curvature of the Earth”
edit on 28-4-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed and added

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Here is Bob one of the most well known flatterds on youtube proving himself wrong.

More fails by the flattards in the documentary Behind the Curve on Netflix.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Sheesh, this is a joke.

It certainly is. Thanks for the laughs.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Here is Bob one of the most well known flatterds on youtube proving himself wrong.

More fails by the flattards in the documentary Behind the Curve on Netflix.

ahahahahahah WOW a flat earth idiot , using a gyroscope , Invented to determine the rotation of the curved earth!

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Thanks, that made me laugh a lot.

The results, were disappointing.

What an idiot.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

You

If 'gravity' was tied to gyroscopes, how could fighter jets pull '3 g' maneuvers in air, without any effect on the gyroscope measurements

Hello, the whole point of using a gyroscope is to measure the rate of change in direction.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Watching and reading up on gyroscopes brought up another impossibly with flat earth...

The Foucault pendulum (English: /fuːˈkoʊ/ foo-KOH; French pronunciation: ​[fuˈko]) or Foucault's pendulum is a simple device named after French physicist Léon Foucault and conceived as an experiment to demonstrate the Earth's rotation. The pendulum was introduced in 1851 and was the first experiment to give simple, direct evidence of the earth's rotation. Today, Foucault pendulums are popular displays in science museums and universities.[1]

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Then it all ties to the Coriolis

Coriolis Force
In the northern hemisphere, the trajectory will be deflected to the right. A projectile traveling 1000 m/s due north at latitude 30o N would be accelerated to the right at 0.07 m/s2. For a 30 second time-of-flight, corresponding to about 30 km total distance traveled, the projectile would be deflected by about 60 m. So for long range artillery, the Coriolis correction is quite important. On the other hand, for bullets and water going down the drain, it is insignificant!

fas.org...

I hope flat earthers never get into an artillery battle........

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Very same principle.
But they would rather spend $20k to prove themselves wrong. I wonder if they can get a refund.

edit on 4/29/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Let’s just get this over with .

OK here’s the flat Earth‘s position on the sun. It never sets and it moves in a counterclockwise motion above the earth . (GIF isn’t working but you get the point )

So can you explain the sun setting over the horizion under magnification ?

Before you say vanishing point it is not applicable to this video. You guys use a definition of vanishing point no one else in the world is aware of . Plus it’s under magnification .

It was shot with a Canon 60 D 880 mm . There are scores of other videos capturing the green flash and they give the cameras make model and lens .

Pay particular attention to the green flash . It helps put the nail in the flat earth’s coffin.

I have never seen anyone come up with an answer except to flat out lie or present a unfalsifiable question . Neither of which discredit the video only obfuscate it .

let’s see what you got ?

kaiserscience.wordpress.com...

edit on 30-4-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Photoshop.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The article or the video ? They are both linked together .

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Yes.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I thought you would understand the physics ?

I guess not .

But seriously you didn’t see the trap I laid ?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Wait....
There, just chewed my foot off. Now, what were you saying?

Seriously, do you think you can "trap" a flatty?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

In my statement I included unfalsifiable position/question . That’s pretty much all they can go to .

But in all honesty. The way you’ve been coming at me my plan was the trap you. Lol

The physics link tells the process of why it happens. The video shows it happening. The video can’t be Photoshoped unless the paper is illegitimate .

But yes I can also trap a flat earther with it. They can’t say fisheye lens, I will destroy them on vanishing point so they always say photo shopped . Then I’ll slam them with 10 more videos or so of the same thing happening. All the videos include descriptions of the cameras . Multiple sunsets taken by regular people. And article after article explaining the physics of why the green flash happens. Normally they won’t own up to the evidence but once in a blue moon I can reach someone else .

My opinion on flat earth is that it’s an Internet troll. Which skirts TOC‘s by claiming free speech. In the process of doing that they suck in some unsuspecting people who will believe. Those are the people that need to be reached .

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   

My opinion on flat earth is that it’s an Internet troll.

Or it's more complicated. Having to do with finding acceptance. Somewhere. Anywhere.

Have you seen Behind the Curve? It gets into the psychology of it. Pretty interesting, if you're interested. It's sort of the ultimate conspiracy theory when you think about it.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I started to watch that on The fire stick but got distracted. I’ve got it down as a favorite and plan on watching it in the near future .

I’m sure some people have full faith in their cult .

I just find it unfathomable that so many people can be so stupid . Plus many of the people I know on the other forms turn to it were hard core trolls .

The type to get banned over and over and keep coming back with different socks .

They exploited it for the reasons I stated previously. So maybe my opinion is a little jaded .

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Nah, not Turbo. He's has been here for a long time.
Started with moon landing hoax then graduated to flat earth.

edit on 4/30/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   

I miss the moon landing hoax threads.

new topics

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join