It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Im going to ask , what is the flat earth creation story ?

How did the flat plane get created ?

Do flat earth theorists believe in god ?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

he flat earth proponents on ATS cannot grasp even the most basic physics and mathematics

you want to discuss cosmology with them

are you insane ?????????????????????

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

yeh why not , every sort of belief has a creation myth , so I want to know how they believe the flat earth came into being

what process was involved did it happen naturally or was it manufactured

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

That’s OK I expected that type of reply .

My last post always stops flat earthers in their tracks .

I don’t blame you for ducking it .

Have a nice day .

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

" where are sigma octantis , and the southern cross "?

has to be my favourite

flat earth proponents cannot place them in relation to a flat earth map

hilarious pandemonium unfolds

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Fallingdown

" where are sigma octantis , and the southern cross "?

has to be my favourite

flat earth proponents cannot place them in relation to a flat earth map

hilarious pandemonium unfolds

Yep. While Sigma Octantis is often a bit too dim to see except on good dark nights, the Southern Cross is visible to all in the Southern hemisphere.

People in southern Brazil can look south and see the Sothern Cross at the exact same moment as people in southern Africa can also see it when they are looking south, because both places could be in nighttime at the same moment. As the flat Earth map you posted shows, that would be impossible with the flat Earth model, because they would be looking in to totally different directions.
edit on 4/2/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I’ve seen that one before . Lol

I read the response by a guy a while back. It was the most logical and simple rebuttal of flat earth I’ve ever heard .

He asked if the sun is 70 miles away and we are accelerating forward always. How do we stay perfectly level ?

If we were 100,000th of a millimeter out of level all the water would wash to one side and we would flip over .

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

One. You are trolling

Two. The video of the sun is only trickery of videography .

Three. Quote just one sentence that I have posted you think is a lie with supporting evidence.

Four. Your “questions” are directly answered. While your rant and do anything to avoid answering questions leveled at you. You practice intellectual dishonesty and intellectual malpractice.

Foour. Flat earth is a blatant lie, or you could answer the below question:
“please tell me the azimuth and inclination of where I would need to look tonight in Sydney, Australia to see Polaris. If you can't provide this information, the Earth can't be flat,”

For you Nothin is literal. And you do a good job playing the fool. With your ignorant pride blinding you to the fact your posts are plain ignorant backed by pseudoscience and lies.

And how could the earth not be at least six sided. So a “flat earth” in the context being a single flat plane is not even possible in a 3D world. So where are the other five sides of the earth In a flat earth model.

No.
For the questions asked of you: your answers have been challenged, and yet the challenges remained unanswered.

Instead: you have replied with insults, and disrespect.
So much so: that am just cutting this off right now.
Am not interested, at all, in further exchanging with you.
Goodbye.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I’m still waiting ? Have you reconsidered ?

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Awww I thought this was gonna go the full 100 rounds !

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

One. You are trolling

Two. The video of the sun is only trickery of videography .

Three. Quote just one sentence that I have posted you think is a lie with supporting evidence.

Four. Your “questions” are directly answered. While your rant and do anything to avoid answering questions leveled at you. You practice intellectual dishonesty and intellectual malpractice.

Foour. Flat earth is a blatant lie, or you could answer the below question:
“please tell me the azimuth and inclination of where I would need to look tonight in Sydney, Australia to see Polaris. If you can't provide this information, the Earth can't be flat,”

For you Nothin is literal. And you do a good job playing the fool. With your ignorant pride blinding you to the fact your posts are plain ignorant backed by pseudoscience and lies.

And how could the earth not be at least six sided. So a “flat earth” in the context being a single flat plane is not even possible in a 3D world. So where are the other five sides of the earth In a flat earth model.

No.
For the questions asked of you: your answers have been challenged, and yet the challenges remained unanswered.

Instead: you have replied with insults, and disrespect.
So much so: that am just cutting this off right now.
Goodbye.

I addressed and answered your questions and concerns. The video you posted is just tricks of videography.

I specifically asked you to “Quote just one sentence that I have posted you think is a lie with supporting evidence.” I see you backed down from that challenge.

What do you not get that flat earth is a blatant lie. Flat earth is an abomination to any person with the most basic of star gazing knowledge.

Would you care to explain why there are different star maps for the Northern and Southern Hemispheres. Why those maps are based off two completely different celestial poles. A celestial pole for the Southern Hemisphere and a completely different celestial pole for the northern Hemisphere?

Or care to explain why some of the visible plants by the naked eye were called wanders by ancient star gazers?
edit on 3-4-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 3-4-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Goodbye.

Conspiracists use this ploy all the time. It’s the Hail Mary pass of propaganda. It’s a ploy to try and trick those with opposing view points there is no need to keep tabs on the thread. Then when you think the thread is back to being a safe space, you’ll post paragraph after paragraph of rants and propaganda.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

this is the equivalent of him ducking out

in the world of breakin when one bboy challenges another bboy the only time someone wins is when the other gives up when they are tired or run out moves!

edit on 3-4-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

What’s sad, is it’s not even about winning. Its about zero proof the surface of the earth is one flat plain, with all evidence supporting the earth is spherical in shape.

Is this a conspiracy site, or a parody of a conspiracy site? I guess it is the LOL forum.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Yeh It wasnt about winning for your ego , I meant for truth!

but they have already tried to argue the truth of reality as an angle to throw the spherical earth of its pedestal !

It's mental ! hahah but its been fun

I really thought we'd get a century from it before it was dumped into the hoax bin , but alas we have fallen short
edit on 4-4-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: turbonium1

a reply to: turbonium1

ts amusing that you demand i support my claims - when you never do

but hey lets play

HOW ?

its not a trick question - i have been here since the start of this thread - and others - and i am fully conversant with you dishonesty and evasiveness

so - how am i supposed to do this ??

know you are just trilling - so my glib answer = inform me when you each preston railway station - lancashire ingland - and i will pick you up in my ca - and demonstrate personally - how measurements of polaris are taken - and the calculation of latitude and longitude

but in the real world , hears an idea - why dont you lead by example

you claim - that " ships that have passed over the horizon - can still be seen with optics "

so - YOU demonstrate this to us

lets see what standards you apply to your own claims

It's easy to find examples, like the one here...

www.youtube.com...

A ship wasn't visible by eye, but it was visible using magnification, just as I told you..

And now you have proof...

yup... That's proof

Im sold

I'm glad you concur.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

your " response " would be funny - IF it wasnt so pathetic and IF you you were not serious

but - as your " proof " = 3rd party media

[ i am not even going to address the absurdity of the vid - bar pointing out - it does not even show what you want it to ]

You can't address it, in other words.

It shows a ship through magnification, that is invisible to the naked eye.

They claimed ships weren't seen by eye, because they 'vanished' over Earth's curvature.

This proves ships DO NOT 'vanish' over any supposed curvature.

Whether you admit it or not, that's the reality here.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Why would you think we have always had the exact same stars, the exact same constellations of stars, for thousands of years, if the Earth was speeding through space for thousands of years, all alone, while all the stars are light years away from Earth, speeding through space randomly, at the same time Earth flies randomly through space....?

Randomly? Who says?

You mean they are NOT random?

The opposite of random is deliberate, ordered, planned, arranged, orchestrated, and methodical.

So is that what you believe?

It's one or the other.

If you believe it is deliberate, arranged, and orchestrated, then you cannot claim anything else in the universe, or on Earth, is random, either. Because that conflicts with your first argument, of being deliberate, and planned.

If you believe life was created randomly, and all species came from earliest life randomly, then how can Earth, and all the stars, move in exact, ordered patterns?

You want it both ways, because you can't explain it without conflicting arguments!

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

So who is the leading flat earth scientist? Can you cite any of the leading scientist’s peer reviewed papers? Published articles?

Appealing to authority doesn't work, sorry.

The question you should ask is why every single 'scientist' universally agrees on an issue, when they have never agreed on anything else before, even on well-established physical laws!! Quantum physics is an example of that.

Look at quantum physics, compared to 'classical physics'...

If they don't even agree on physical laws, how can they all agree on anything else?

As if.

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join