It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: turbonium1

So. How are one set of stars and constellations circling Polaris. And a completely different set stars and constellations circling the South Pole Star.

Let’s see you try to blatantly lie your way out of this one......

We don't have a 'South Pole Star', first of all.

I'd like to see your evidence of the stars circling around a star, in the center, which is a stationary star in direct south, if you can...

Over to you, then...

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Why would you think we have always had the exact same stars, the exact same constellations of stars, for thousands of years, if the Earth was speeding through space for thousands of years, all alone, while all the stars are light years away from Earth, speeding through space randomly, at the same time Earth flies randomly through space....?

Everything is randomly speeding through space, for thousands of years, and somehow, by sheer miracle of all miracles, the stars are the exact same stars we've always had for thousands of years, in the exact same positions, in the exact same constellations?!?!

That is utterly ridiculous, and you know it is.

We know it is impossible to have all the same stars, in the same positions, for thousands of years, if everything is randomly moving through space, millions of light years apart from each other - that's a complete joke!!

The reason we have always had the same stars above Earth for thousands of years is simple - the same stars have always been above Earth, below the firmament, and they always will be the same stars, as well.

If you zoom in on a star, you will see details of it, which is impossible if it was light years away from Earth, obviously.

So if you want to see the obvious, it's right in front of you. And we find the truth, and bury their lies, forevermore.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

The fixed stars (Latin: stellae fixae) comprise the background of astronomical objects that appear to not move relative to each other in the night sky compared to the foreground of Solar System objects that do. Generally, the fixed stars are taken to include all stars other than the Sun.
Nebulae and other deep-sky objects may also be counted among the fixed stars.

Exact delimitation of the term is complicated by the fact that no celestial objects are in fact fixed with respect to each other. Nonetheless, extrasolar objects move so slowly in the sky that the change in their relative positions is nearly imperceptible on typical human timescales, except to careful examination, and thus can be considered "fixed" for many purposes.

Furthermore, distant stars and galaxies move even slower in the sky than comparatively closer ones. People in many cultures have imagined that the stars form pictures in the sky called constellations. In Ancient Greek astronomy, the fixed stars were believed to exist on a giant celestial sphere, or firmament, that revolves daily around Earth.

Also how do you account for the loss of stars and supernova , some stars were not visible at all to humans , until it they go supernova and then become visible to earth

Simple fact of the matter is that humans cannot live long enough to observe in a single human life the slow march of the celestial objects!
edit on 30-3-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

originally posted by: neutronflux

So. How are one set of stars and constellations circling Polaris. And a completely different set stars and constellations circling the South Pole Star.

Let’s see you try to blatantly lie your way out of this one......

We don't have a 'South Pole Star', first of all.

I'd like to see your evidence of the stars circling around a star, in the center, which is a stationary star in direct south, if you can...

Over to you, then...

More blatant falsehoods and conditioning ignorance from you.

There is a spot in the Southern Hemisphere sky that is the south pole’s fixed point in the sky...

Pole star

en.m.wikipedia.org...(South_Star)

Currently, there is no South Star as useful as Polaris. Sigma Octantis is the closest naked-eye star to the south Celestial pole, but at apparent magnitude 5.45 it is barely visible on a clear night, making it unusable for navigational purposes.[16] It is a yellow giant 275 light years from Earth. Its angular separation from the pole is about 1° (as of 2000). The Southern Cross constellation functions as an approximate southern pole constellation, by pointing to where a southern pole star would be.

At the equator, it is possible to see both Polaris and the Southern Cross.[17][18] The Celestial south pole is moving toward the Southern Cross, which has pointed to the south pole for the last 2000 years or so. As a consequence, the constellation is no longer visible from subtropical northern latitudes, as it was in the time of the ancient Greeks.

So, every star chart for the northern and Southern Hemisphere are a lie? You are such a hack.

physics.weber.edu...

Understanding Astronomy
Motion of the Stars

Farther south, at earth's equator, the north celestial pole lies on the northern horizon, and the celestial equator passes straight overhead. From here, as the constellations rise in the east, they appear to head straight up, rather than along a diagonal. In the west, they head straight down as they set. Even more stars are visible in the southern sky, making clockwise half-circles about a point on the southern horizon, the south celestial pole.
From the southern hemisphere, you can't see the north celestial pole at all. The south celestial pole, however, will appear above your southern horizon, by an angle equal to your southern latitude. Stars rising in the east will head upward and to the left, toward the northern sky. The celestial equator will also pass through the northern sky, lower and lower as you head farther south.

This several-hour-long time exposure, taken from tropical northern Australia, shows the clockwise motion of the southern stars around the south celestial pole. The trails of the Southern Cross start at the top of the image, with the top of the cross initially above the edge. Photo by David Miller/DMI

The article linked to above contains a picture with the caption

This several-hour-long time exposure, taken from tropical northern Australia, shows the clockwise motion of the southern stars around the south celestial pole. The trails of the Southern Cross start at the top of the image, with the top of the cross initially above the edge. Photo by David Miller/DMI.

Now you prove it’s a lie different stars and different constellations circle two different celestial poles. A different set of stars and constellations circle the northern celestial pole in the northern Hemisphere. A different set of stars and constellations circle the southern celestial pole in the Southern Hemisphere.

More at:

www.metabunk.org/the-southern-cross-celestial-poles-and-the-shape-of-the-earth.t8701/

edit on 30-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Why would you think we have always had the exact same stars, the exact same constellations of stars, for thousands of years, if the Earth was speeding through space for thousands of years, all alone, while all the stars are light years away from Earth, speeding through space randomly, at the same time Earth flies randomly through space....?

More blatant BS from you.

Not all the same stars and constellations are visible between the northern and Southern Hemisphere. Is that a lie.

There is a northern celestial pole and Southern celestial pole with different stars and constellations circling them. Is that a lie.

During the summer solstice for the northern Hemisphere, that is the northern Hemisphere’s day with the most daylight hours. During that same instance of time, the Southern Hemisphere is undergoing it’s winter solstice which is the day the Southern Hemisphere has its least amount of day light hours. Is that a lie.

How can a flat earth model have more day light hours in the northern Hemisphere, and the Southern Hemisphere on that same day have fewer day light hours?

edit on 30-3-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Look at the image of what they claim to be the southern stars going around a central southern star...

Where is the central southern star in the image?

It is not at the southern pole, for one thing. I've never seen stars circle halfway up the horizon before, either.

This is not similar to the northern motion of stars, which circle the direct north star at the center. Which is in the true north sky above Earth.

Why haven't they gone to Antarctica, isn't it the southern pole?

No reason they are in Australia to see the Southern Star, of course. It's above the horizon, see?

That's nice to believe it's the Southern Star, while the southern pole is above a horizon in Australian skies!

Why do the stars dip halfway under the horizon? It's only a half-circle we see here, what about the other half-circle?

Aren't there other images of this, from other locations? I'd like to see them, as well.

Any images of the 'Southern Star' which are directly shot at the southern pole?

Where is the southern star you think is at the southern pole?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

ts amusing that you demand i support my claims - when you never do

but hey lets play

HOW ?

its not a trick question - i have been here since the start of this thread - and others - and i am fully conversant with you dishonesty and evasiveness

so - how am i supposed to do this ??

know you are just trilling - so my glib answer = inform me when you each preston railway station - lancashire ingland - and i will pick you up in my ca - and demonstrate personally - how measurements of polaris are taken - and the calculation of latitude and longitude

but in the real world , hears an idea - why dont you lead by example

you claim - that " ships that have passed over the horizon - can still be seen with optics "

so - YOU demonstrate this to us

lets see what standards you apply to your own claims

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Look at the image of what they claim to be the southern stars going around a central southern star...

Where is the central southern star in the image?

It is not at the southern pole, for one thing. I've never seen stars circle halfway up the horizon before, either.

This is not similar to the northern motion of stars, which circle the direct north star at the center. Which is in the true north sky above Earth.

Why haven't they gone to Antarctica, isn't it the southern pole?

No reason they are in Australia to see the Southern Star, of course. It's above the horizon, see?

That's nice to believe it's the Southern Star, while the southern pole is above a horizon in Australian skies!

Why do the stars dip halfway under the horizon? It's only a half-circle we see here, what about the other half-circle?

Aren't there other images of this, from other locations? I'd like to see them, as well.

Any images of the 'Southern Star' which are directly shot at the southern pole?

Where is the southern star you think is at the southern pole?

You never answered my questions...

More blatant BS from you.

Not all the same stars and constellations are visible between the northern and Southern Hemisphere. Is that a lie.

There is a northern celestial pole and Southern celestial pole with different stars and constellations circling them. Is that a lie.

During the summer solstice for the northern Hemisphere, that is the northern Hemisphere’s day with the most daylight hours. During that same instance of time, the Southern Hemisphere is undergoing it’s winter solstice which is the day the Southern Hemisphere has its least amount of day light hours. Is that a lie.

How can a flat earth model have more day light hours in the northern Hemisphere, and the Southern Hemisphere on that same day have fewer day light hours?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

but hey lets play

HOW ?

its not a trick question - i have been here since the start of this thread - and others - and i am fully conversant with you dishonesty and evasiveness

know you are just trilling - so my glib answer = inform me when you each preston railway station - lancashire ingland - and i will pick you up in my ca - and demonstrate personally - how measurements of polaris are taken - and the calculation of latitude and longitude

you claim - that " ships that have passed over the horizon - can still be seen with optics "

It's easy to find examples, like the one here...

www.youtube.com...

A ship wasn't visible by eye, but it was visible using magnification, just as I told you..

And now you have proof...

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Motion of the Stars
physics.weber.edu...

The above article pretty much debunks your blatant lies and BS.

Please quote one line from “Motion of the Stars” that is false, with supporting evidence.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Again. How in the heck, as long as you don’t have a blocked view of the highest point in the night sky, is Polaris not visible from every point on the earth in the flat earth model.

With the flat earth model, how does the apex of the night sky sink lower and lower on the horizon as you approach the equator.

For the flat earth model, how does the singl most high center point of the night sky disappear below the horizon as you pass over the earth’s equator.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Because it's fun to watch you fail, please tell me the azimuth and inclination of where I would need to look tonight in Sydney, Australia to see Polaris. If you can't provide this information, the Earth can't be flat, it's really that simple, you can prove all of us wrong by providing two angles, it's literally that simple to destroy this 2000+ year old hoax, one simple star will prove everything you believe as correct. I look forward to your answer.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

So who is the leading flat earth scientist? Can you cite any of the leading scientist’s peer reviewed papers? Published articles?

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

your " response " would be funny - IF it wasnt so pathetic and IF you you were not serious

but - as your " proof " = 3rd party media

[ i am not even going to address the absurdity of the vid - bar pointing out - it does not even show what you want it to ]

or now - it suffices - that i can offer 3rd party media

so :

bowditch

its the definitive navigation text book - used for over 200 years

never falsified

check mate

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

but hey lets play

HOW ?

It's easy to find examples, like the one here...

www.youtube.com...

A ship wasn't visible by eye, but it was visible using magnification, just as I told you..

And now you have proof...

yup... That's proof

Im sold

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

For decades we’ve been subjected to fluoride, lead, pharmaceuticals and toxins in our water. People say it harms cognitive ability and can cause neurological damage . I doubted it for a long time .

I believe it now, flat earth is the perfect example .
edit on 30-3-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

and yet - despite this "awesome " assault on our cognitive faculties

how many ATS members espouse the flat earth delusion ???????

we have wingnuts of every stripe - but the number of flat earth proponents = miniscule

and this is a conspiracy furum

real world stats are even lower

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I have been to both hemispheres and there are stars on the southern half you can not see from here.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It was a joke .

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

What is the proven science of Earth being a ball, flying through space?

I'll make it easy for you... explain planary retrograde in terms of your flat earth model..

I've asked you a few times now so i'll wait

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join