It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   
To the matching up latitude lines to Polaris...

Latitude lines are based on a ball-shaped Earth.

There is no possible way you can make a valid argument, using latitude lines of a ball-shaped Earth, as a gauge.

Why do you think they match up so well with Polaris?

Because Polaris was the direct center point above the real, flat Earth, they had to use Polaris to design latitude lines on a ball-shaped Earth, and that's why they match up to your Earth-ball latitude lines so perfectly.

You mistakenly, or perhaps deliberately, assume latitude lines on a ball-shaped Earth are accurate, and valid, and prove the Earth is - surprise - also ball-shaped! Imagine that!

See my map of a ball-shaped Earth, and it's latitude lines? Why do my latitude lines match up so perfectly with Polaris, on my ball-shaped Earth? Sheesh.

Another of the tricks, like 'vanishing ships', which seem to be valid, on first glance, but after closer study, they are found out, as ruses, illusions, and trickery, because that's all you can do for a nonsense argument.

So I've explained how your argument fails to work, and I'd hope for a mature response to my own argument in kind...

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Is the distance between lines of latitude variable on a flat world?
Doesn't that create problems with navigation?
edit on 3/3/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

There is no possible way you can make a valid argument, using latitude lines of a ball-shaped Earth, as a gauge.

Because Polaris was the direct center point above the real, flat Earth, they had to use Polaris to design latitude lines on a ball-shaped Earth, and that's why they match up to your Earth-ball latitude lines so perfectly.

You mistakenly, or perhaps deliberately, assume latitude lines on a ball-shaped Earth are accurate, and valid, and prove the Earth is - surprise - also ball-shaped! Imagine that!

See my map of a ball-shaped Earth, and it's latitude lines? Why do my latitude lines match up so perfectly with Polaris, on my ball-shaped Earth? Sheesh.

Another of the tricks, like 'vanishing ships', which seem to be valid, on first glance, but after closer study, they are found out, as ruses, illusions, and trickery, because that's all you can do for a nonsense argument.

So I've explained how your argument fails to work, and I'd hope for a mature response to my own argument in kind...

Erm, latitude lines go from North to South on the globe. To the North Pole. Nothing to do with Polaris.
This thread continues to scrape the bottom of the barrel...

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Is the distance between lines of latitude variable on a flat world?
Doesn't that create problems with navigation?

The problem is that we don't have most of the excellent, accurate, flat Earth maps anymore, thanks to ball-Earth pillagers, who scoured the world, centuries ago, seeking and destroying those maps. The few maps that still exist today are only because people hid them away, and those complete scumbags never found them.

Why would all those scumbags go around the world, destroying all flat Earth maps? Think hard, now. It might come to you.

The round Earth lie is the foundation of every other lie, afterwards. That's why they went around the world, to search out all flat Earth maps, and destroy them all. Those maps were dangerous, if they survived afterwards. These maps show the Earth WAS entirely explored, centuries before our great 'explorers' were claiming such crap.

Why haven't you addressed my points yet?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Erm, latitude lines go from North to South on the globe. To the North Pole. Nothing to do with Polaris.

You work hard to make it so, that's for sure.

Lines of latitude in the north match up to Polaris, that's what I'm talking about here. Polaris was a reference point for true North, and the northern latitude lines match Polaris, on a ball Earth. When they had half the 'ball', it was simply mirrored over the other, southern half of the ball.

Get the point?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   
here is a typical flat earth map :

claimed by several flater earth proponents as " a true representation "

the measurable distance between each whole degree of latitude = 111km [ real world - rounded to whole number ]

now a simple question .

does the flat earth delusion claim that any degree of latutude = greater or smaller than this ???

if yes - specify

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Why would all those scumbags go around the world, destroying all flat Earth maps? Think hard, now. It might come to you.

Because they were based on a false premise, totally inaccurate and thus utterly useless.

Pretty straight forward really.

A couple of genuine questions; what is the point of this alleged 'round earth lie', what purpose and whose agenda would it serve maintaining this lie if it was true?
How many people would have to be involved in perpetuating this 'round earth lie' for so long, with such conviction and with such convincing supportive evidence.....and again, to what purpose?

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Well, let's look at the list of who has to be "in on it" for the flat earth faith to be correct:
The global scientific community for the past 2000 years
Every government on earth working in perfect harmony for 2000 years
Every airline pilot, ship captain, navigator etc for the past 2000 years
Every land surveyor ever
Everyone who has ever taken an airplane from south america to Australia
Every person who has ever been to Antarctica
The millions of invisible soldiers patrolling the ice wall
The Sun
Reality itself.
Quite a few

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
here is a typical flat earth map :

claimed by several flater earth proponents as " a true representation "

Another thing that's unexplainable using that map as the "true representation" of our planet is how can people in Australia, Chile, and South Africa all see the same stars at similar altitudes above the horizon when they each look south (looking toward Antarctica)?

edit on 2019/3/3 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

several ATS members have asked - in multiple threads , some variation of the question :

none ever recieve a coherent reply

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You don't have any points. You're not just blatantly spouting nonsense and trolling us all.

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Did you watch Behind the Curve where flat earthers debunked themselves via experiment? It was great.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: turbonium1

Nah: The other fake imaginary real lines.

Like on your barrel: the straps; not the slats.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Get the point?

No. That's rubbish.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Get the point?

No. That's rubbish.

Rubbish is all he has. He's trolling us all. 75 pages of this utter dross!

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Do you know, i think I may be coming to that same conclusion.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I saw a documentary last night on Netflix, Behind the Curve. An interesting look into the psychology involved. One point, at some point people get so vested in their conspiracy theory that they cannot back out. If they renounce the sillyness, the only friends they have will ditch them.

Also, touched on this:

FECORE spent $20,000 on a gyroscope, that they hoped would prove the Earth to be flat. However, the results they got did not line up with their expectations. They therefore tried to crush this news.

flatearthlunacy.com...

The show ends with them conducting a test of the curvature. It too, did not turn out as expected.
"Huh." pause "That's interesting."

Gold.

I see it was mentioned.
edit on 3/4/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I love that. $20,000 spent on something that proved that the Earth is round and not flat.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Because they were based on a false premise, totally inaccurate and thus utterly useless.

Pretty straight forward really.

No, it's not "straight forward". There's no reason to seek out, and destroy, all the flat Earth maps, if they are - as you claim - "totally inaccurate and...utterly useless".

If that was the case, then they wouldn't even bother looking for them, let alone destroy them all. They'd have simply replaced them with their new, round Earth maps, instead.

But if the flat Earth maps WERE accurate, and they knew so, then they WOULD seek them out, and destroy them all. As they did, or tried to do, anyway.

originally posted by: Freeborn
A couple of genuine questions; what is the point of this alleged 'round earth lie', what purpose and whose agenda would it serve maintaining this lie if it was true?
How many people would have to be involved in perpetuating this 'round earth lie' for so long, with such conviction and with such convincing supportive evidence.....and again, to what purpose?

To the question of how many people would need to be involved -

It all starts with controlling the truth, at the top, and the rest - 99.99% of the people - believe what is told to them by the so-called 'authorities'.

War is the perfect example. Nobody wants to fight wars, because the best you can hope for is to come home in one piece, if you're lucky. You already have that, without going to war, obviously, so there is absolutely no benefit for people to fight in wars.

And yet, we have endless wars, right?

So why are we always fighting wars, when we gain nothing from it, and lose everything?

To 'protect our freedoms', and 'our way of life'....that's why, right?

Isn't that what both sides are fighting for, in wars? Sure. Everyone wants to protect their country, their freedoms, their way of life!

But if both sides want the same thing, what are they going to war for?

Because the so-called 'leaders' of our countries point to another country, or countries, and say 'they are evil, bad, countries, with evil bad people, who want to take over, and destroy, our country, our freedoms, and our way of life. The only way to prevent those evil-doers from destroying our freedoms, is to fight them, in wars!'

Of course, that's what the so-called leaders in THOSE countries say about the other side, at the same time.

All it takes is a false flag event, from one side, to start the whole war.

So - how many people need to know the entire war was a sham, from the very beginning? Not very many, right?

Manipulating millions of people into killing strangers, into their OWN deaths, requires only a group of so-called 'leaders of the world'. It works every time, over and over again, and nobody seems to even realize that they've been fooled, all along!

Nobody would ever go into a war, unless they had believed it was their life, their freedoms, at risk. So the scumbag at the top have to 'create' an enemy, who wants to take away their freedoms, their countries, their way of life....

Compared to making people believe in going to war, do you really think it'd be difficult to make everyone believe the world is actually a sphere?

So why do so-called 'leaders' create wars? Why would our so-called 'leaders' want wars? Because our so-called 'leaders' hate God's creation, of Earth, of life, of humanity.

War finds us going against the work of God, against love, life, and humanity.

How does this relate to the issue of telling us that the Earth is actually round, and in space?

Because if they can fool people into believing Earth is a ball, flying through space, endlessly, while they've already fooled people on both being enemies, to kill one another......

If Earth is a ball, in space, then it's 'pretty straight forward' what it allows these scumbags to do, isn't it?

First thing - a ball Earth means God didn't create Earth, or life on Earth, and humans don't have a spiritual existence, or it's very unlikely, for sure! Since life was created from primordial soup, on Earth, at first, which led to all other life, then life cannot exist in any other form.

A ball Earth has led to possible alien invasions, doomsday comets, killer meteors, lethal solar flares, etc.

That's why they first convinced everyone, that the Earth was actually a ball, flying through endless space.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: captainpudding
a reply to: Freeborn

Well, let's look at the list of who has to be "in on it" for the flat earth faith to be correct:
The global scientific community for the past 2000 years
Every government on earth working in perfect harmony for 2000 years
Every airline pilot, ship captain, navigator etc for the past 2000 years
Every land surveyor ever
Everyone who has ever taken an airplane from south america to Australia
Every person who has ever been to Antarctica
The millions of invisible soldiers patrolling the ice wall
The Sun
Reality itself.
Quite a few

Surveyors do not consider the curvature of Earth, do not measure for curvature whenever surveying the Earth, for any project. Are you aware of that?

Pilots do not consider curvature of Earth, do not measure for curvature of Earth, on any flights.

How do surveyors and pilots not know, not measure, not account for, any curvature, if it actually exists?

Pilots use their instruments to measure their flights, and those instruments prove the Earth is a flat surface.

Instruments measure the flights, period.

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join