It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: InhaleExhale

But who is changing the bulbs, and how?

I wont give actual names,

will screen names do?

Hint: who knows the earth is flat and is helping us realize it?

Obviously they have the job of replacing the globes,

Lucky for us, they are whistle blowing (sort of) on ATS.

Sorry Turbo if I just got you fired.

How?

If anyone was to explain it would activate FEEEP, that stands for Flat Earth Exposure Emergency Plan

it would be biblical

3 days of darkness

But if you really must know how, all I can do is post this and allow readers to decipher for themselves

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Thanks for that. I think.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Thanks for that. I think.

We cant take things too seriously

ATS is a place to loose your mind and get angry at what we perceive as other posters ignorance.

At times I have to just say F it, its just a joke but that also make me angry if posters are posting to just get arise out of others.

its a 2 way head f*#k,

I wish I wasn't so hooked but its amazing just to see what comes next

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

i expect we will come back to that guff about planes having to follow the curve or something.

Let's see what comes next - deep breath......

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Let's see what comes next - deep breath......

Deep breath

Nah, that wont do

a good chug of Whisky and then another may lighten the mood when the nose down or whatever it was nonsense comes back.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

The height, or 'elevation above the floor', corresponds to your 'latitude', or position, below the light.

Do you believe in trigonometry?

How high is the light? Not its elevation, its altitude above the flat Earth. In miles. Or feet, if you wish.

See, here's the problem. Lines of latitude are evenly spaced. About 69 miles per degree (it varies a bit because the Earth is not a perfect sphere). Trouble is, on a flat world this is what happens. (Horizontal units are arbitrary, lacking data on the altitude of the dome.)

See what I'm getting at? Can you explain how one's latitude will correspond to the elevation of Polaris above the horizon on a flat Earth when the distance between the lines should stay the same?

edit on 2/18/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Enjoy! I did.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I enjoyed that - thanks. Would any Flat Earthers care to comment?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

But who is changing the bulbs, and how?

How many flat earthers does it take to change a light bulb?

None. They don't grasp rotation.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Grimpachi

I enjoyed that - thanks. Would any Flat Earthers care to comment?

They just claim CGI and/or the use of fish-eye lenses. You can see that all over the comments in that video.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

Damn. Yes, they got us there!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Well if you watch carefully...... the earth is concave and then turns convex and then concave and then convex........and so on.

I am not claiming the earth is flat... it appears to be sometimes concave... sometimes convex.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Oh no! Corrugated Earth!

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

No.... not corrugated.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Well if you watch carefully...... the earth is concave and then turns convex and then concave and then convex........and so on.

I am not claiming the earth is flat... it appears to be sometimes concave... sometimes convex.

The fisheye lens does that, depending on whether the image is near the top of the fisheye lens or the bottom.

It should be noted that the rocketeers' use of a fisheye lens probably was not in order to make a Flat Earth look curved, but rather they were just trying to get a maximum angle of view.

edit on 2/21/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: wrong image need to be replaced

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Anyone convinced by watching the UToobe video yet?

Some are more easily convinced than others.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

It should be noted that the rocketeers' use of a fisheye lens probably was not in order to make a Flat Earth look curved, but rather they were just trying to get a maximum angle of view.

I should clarify that in my post above, I wasn't saying the Earth is flat. I'm just saying that I don't think the reason the rocketeer's used the fisheye lens had anything whatsoever to do with the Flat Earth argument.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Just going to play for a second, if its a dome , then how come it takes light from polaris so long to reach the observer on earth , if it was a dome with a light fixture, then it shouldn't take as long for the light to reach us , surely ?

Then surely all of physics is wrong, including the physics FE earthers use to calculate the flat earth stuff

What do you mean "it takes light from Polaris so long to reach the observer on earth"? How "long" do you think it takes, or expect it to take, to reach an observer on Earth? What do you base it on? Is it this?....

Scientists studying the North Star Polaris found that it is about 323 light-years from the sun and Earth, substantially closer than a previous estimate of 434 light-years by a European satellite in the late 1990s.

www.space.com...

They were only 121 light years off, that's not much!!

If they can't even figure out where the most prominent star above Earth is, within 100 light years, then how would they be able to figure out anything else?

Somehow, they figured out how to land men on the moon 50 years ago, but had no idea Polaris was 121 light years closer than they 'calculated', until 20 years ago!!

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: turbonium1

The height, or 'elevation above the floor', corresponds to your 'latitude', or position, below the light.

Do you believe in trigonometry?

How high is the light? Not its elevation, its altitude above the flat Earth. In miles. Or feet, if you wish.

See, here's the problem. Lines of latitude are evenly spaced. About 69 miles per degree (it varies a bit because the Earth is not a perfect sphere). Trouble is, on a flat world this is what happens. (Horizontal units are arbitrary, lacking data on the altitude of the dome.)

See what I'm getting at? Can you explain how one's latitude will correspond to the elevation of Polaris above the horizon on a flat Earth when the distance between the lines should stay the same?

The horizon is variable, the Earth is variable, one's position on Earth varies, no measurement known of the dome, the latitude is based on the Earth being a sphere, not flat....

And your side claimed Polaris was 121 million light years further away from Earth, until 20 years ago.

Nice try.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I should clarify that in my post above, I wasn't saying the Earth is flat. I'm just saying that I don't think the reason the rocketeer's used the fisheye lens had anything whatsoever to do with the Flat Earth argument.

If they meant to show the maximum angle of view, with the lens, why wouldn't they mention that, or indicate why it looked like that?

How do you know it's not meant to show Earth as a sphere, just like many other images have tried to fool people, before now?

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join