It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

so maybe that the answer - ignore anyone who will not explain thier model - and defend it coherently

But...
But...
Then there would be no one to talk to.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No point talking to me - I failed my Physics "O" level.

To be fair, one of the questions was "If a light bulb was turned on 4 light years away how long would it take for the light to arrive here on Earth?" My answer was "Never" but I was wrong, apparently.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

The answer is 12 parsecs.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I thought a parsec was a measure of distance? The answer was, apparently, 4 years. I answered "never" because I reasoned that given the weakness of the light from a light bulb 4 light years away it would never make it to Earth because it would be blocked by gas, dust etc before it got here?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

The motto of this site is

Deny Ignorance
Every observation used to confirm the globe Earth and debunks the FE is claimed to be false. lies, big brother in control no its the DUMB that dont understand scale, physics, maths & digital imaging.

One of the main youtubers promoting FE claimed that the NASA DSCOVR probe EPIC camera proved NASA where faking images. So he did a test to see if the Moon would look as large on a picture as NASA showed it did he was a dumb ass.

Now he made assumptions how the Moon should look and got it all WRONG because he has no real understand of photography and how focal length & distance can effect an image.

Here is the video.

So guess what telling an FE supporter they are wrong and showing them why improves there understanding of science and the world around them the test starts about 9:30 on the video.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

is talking to sophist troll , or turbo troll actually acheiving anything ?????????????????

i am mindfull of the argument that - if you dont slap down thier idiocy - they claim " victory " and scream " no one could debunk me "

but seriously - look back at all the protagonists in countless threads who believed [ or claimed belief ] in the flat earth delusion - how many ever admitted they were wrong - a host just sneaked off and never posted again - and some just return in new threads with the same arguments

but actual admitance they were wrong - is rare as unicorn poo

rob sikibas vid [ cited up thread ] - has actually earned him some respect in my eye - as he admitted that he did not understand photography - and now he realises why his origional argument was wrong - and corrected it

multitudes of his " peers " - just delete the origional - and cencor any comment reffering to it

so - well done mr sikiba

of course the big question is - will he learn from this - and review all his other claims ?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: oldcarpy

the " fun " of trolling the sophist ended when , it claimed that :

it didnt trust any one elses observations

THEN turned round and :

admitted that it used google maps to navigate

at that point - it shot itself in the foot - and revesasled it was a piss taking little twunt

That's fine.
Everybody here knows that calling others disparaging names on the internet, usually means that one has a stronger argument, and is intellectually superior: as opposed to maybe being just a punk-ass schoolyard bully, with a Beavis-and-Butthead-type of laugh.

Do you have a globe in your car for navigational purposes?

Kinda wonder why ATS's Flat-Earth Theory expert, wouldn't like to print-out a travel-route map from Google-Maps, on a nice flat piece of paper?
So much easier to bring in a car, and tuck in the glove-compartment, than a globe, no?

Quite reliable as well.
Hard to figure how large a car-globe would have to be, to get the proper street-corner detail?
Might take a big friggin' car!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
The motto of this site is

Deny Ignorance
Every observation used to confirm the globe Earth and debunks the FE is claimed to be false. lies, big brother in control no its the DUMB that dont understand scale, physics, maths & digital imaging.

That motto is just cute, and is not followed anymore, in any threads. BS is abundant, and obvious in the majority of threads, including this one, of course.

Anyways: if you're so sure of yourself, and so confident: why are you watching FE, or FE debunking videos?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

is talking to sophist troll , or turbo troll actually acheiving anything ?????????????????

i am mindfull of the argument that - if you dont slap down thier idiocy - they claim " victory " and scream " no one could debunk me "

but seriously - look back at all the protagonists in countless threads who believed [ or claimed belief ] in the flat earth delusion - how many ever admitted they were wrong - a host just sneaked off and never posted again - and some just return in new threads with the same arguments

Just remember that when you point your finger at someone: your other 3 fingers are pointing back towards you...

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You get Rob Skibs wrong he still thinks the world is flat is 6000 years old and has a dome above it.

He will only admit he got that wrong.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Why not if these people get to dominate we will be living in caves in no time.

They query everything about science etc but quite happily use the internet to push their lies and they don't see the irony , do you

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Why not if these people get to dominate we will be living in caves in no time.

They query everything about science etc but quite happily use the internet to push their lies and they don't see the irony , do you

Can you see how fear, might possibly be a driving factor, behind your first statement?
(IE: The inability, or unwillingness to accept others' beliefs?)
For example: have you observed how upset folks get here, when others don't agree with their spherical Earth beliefs?

Is there not enough material here to compare that to religious dogmatism?

That old supposed ironic sentiment you are hinting-at, is tired, weak, baseless, and meaningless to me. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Just sad how devious, dishonest, and misleading those claims are!

Any monk, with too much time on their hands, whom would review this thread: would find that it has been the self-proclaimed FE debunkers who are full of bluster, bragging, and the only ones claiming victories, including --^

Any monk, with too much time on their hands, whom would review this thread with a fine-toothed comb: would find that there are far more self-proclaimed FE debunkers whom have not answered questions, and diverted uneasy questions, or slunk-away quietly, including --^

Just because somebody keeps shouting something: doesn't make it any more true.
Just because a poster is name-calling: it doesn't make them right.
Perhaps it may just indicate: that they have reached their wit's-end, and are now playing dirty?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Belief? It's nothing of the sort. It's indisputable fact.

No matter the sophistry, no matter the twisted into unrecognizable pseudo-science used--or claims that amount to calling gravity magic, the cold hard fact remains that the Earth is roundish.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Belief? It's nothing of the sort. It's indisputable fact.

No matter the sophistry, no matter the twisted into unrecognizable pseudo-science used--or claims that amount to calling gravity magic, the cold hard fact remains that the Earth is roundish.

Is that the answer to the question, of what you were saying was claimed by me?

You call spherical Earth ..."...indisputable fact..."..., and a ..."...cold hard fact..."...

From here: it's merely a belief.

Can you not live with that?
If not: why not?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The people who believe the earth is flat are not a problem. They are not causing civil unrest by trying to brainwash others with twisted news because of their beliefs. I personally do not know anyone who believes that the earth is flat other than from a point of perspective stance. Actually is is really not a sphere either, depending on the energy field variation it sort of fluxes. Our world does not end at the ground, it ends in the magnetic fields and atmospheric points. That shape is not spherical all the time, it is bouncing around.

Have you seen Neil deGrasse Tyson explaining the shape of the Earth? His explanation should worry you one way or an other...why? Because he is the first in the history of science give this "view" of the shape of the Earth. You can listen and look at his "lecture" here...

here

To make it more confusing there are the Earth pictures of NASA. Our civilian space agency who is there for the people to study and explain the fascinating mysteries of space and all its heavenly bodies in it. Not one picture ever taken or presented of Earth by NASA has the shape deGrasse Tyson has told us.

Not that I believe that the Earth is flat but Wtf is going on here?

edit on 22/11/2018 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Do you know the percentage of oblateness?

Isaac Newton first proposed that Earth was not perfectly round. Instead, he suggested it was an oblate spheroid—a sphere that is squashed at its poles and swollen at the equator. He was correct and, because of this bulge, the distance from Earth's center to sea level is roughly 21 kilometers (13 miles) greater at the equator than at the poles.

www.scientificamerican.com...

The Earth's diameter is 7,900 miles. That "bulge" 0.16% of that. How good are your eyes?

How many pixels will that be in an image?
edit on 11/22/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: network dude

Come on, they will just say its all via undersea cables and radio transmissions etc.

All of the evidence supports our argument, while none of the facts support your argument....

Simple as that.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Please explain how the elevation of Polaris above the horizon can correspond to one's latitude on a flat Earth.

edit on 11/22/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

the problem with the flat earth delusion is :

an utter lack of concensus

can anyone cite a cflat earth " argument " - that can answer all observations - without loosing internal consistency ?

there are multiple coflicting claims - that cannot all be true

itts all verty well to " question things " - but when you dont accept the answers - you are just taking the piss

ther spheroid model - answers all questions - accuratly - and coherently - it has 100% internal consistency - does not lie about its facts or observations , has no schisms . and more that 75% of its claims can be duplicated and confirmed by oradinary people with modest skills and equipment

like i asked ealier - cite a flat earth claim - that complies with all the above paragraph - i shall wait

so maybe that the answer - ignore anyone who will not explain thier model - and defend it coherently

^ that rules out 2 people straight away

Gravity is not even proven at all, and it's BASED on gravity, so how would anything else hold up?

Everything else is based on saying it's 'proven', which is all crap....

Proof is used to support claims, that's it.

Insults don't wash.

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join