It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Sup with those satellites?

Those just attached to blimps?

Satellites are a massive lie. They send up weather balloons, or high altitude planes, but no satellites.

A ruse works because it is reinforced, over and over. They claim thousands of satellites are 'orbiting' the Earth, and you assume it must be true. The fact that nobody ever SEES satellites in orbit doesn't matter to you. There are people who claim they have seen them fly above them at night, and that reinforces your belief. There is NO proof of any satellites orbiting Earth, however. Communications claimed to be from satellites are actually ground-based communications. Radio-wave, fiber optic cables, etc. are the ACTUAL communication methods used. They simply tell us that satellites are used for it, and everyone believes it. If they had told you 100 years ago that your radio was a satellite radio, where satellites in Earth orbit sent signals to Earth, which were picked up by your little radio antenna, you'd have believed it was true. Except they didn't claim there were satellites orbiting Earth 100 years ago, so they couldn't make up their BS about satellite TV/radio until many years later. A satellite TV dish is just like your little radio antenna, and you have no idea they're full of crap.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Sup with those satellites?

Those just attached to blimps?

Satellites are a massive lie. They send up weather balloons, or high altitude planes, but no satellites.

A ruse works because it is reinforced, over and over. They claim thousands of satellites are 'orbiting' the Earth, and you assume it must be true. The fact that nobody ever SEES satellites in orbit doesn't matter to you. There are people who claim they have seen them fly above them at night, and that reinforces your belief. There is NO proof of any satellites orbiting Earth, however. Communications claimed to be from satellites are actually ground-based communications. Radio-wave, fiber optic cables, etc. are the ACTUAL communication methods used. They simply tell us that satellites are used for it, and everyone believes it. If they had told you 100 years ago that your radio was a satellite radio, where satellites in Earth orbit sent signals to Earth, which were picked up by your little radio antenna, you'd have believed it was true. Except they didn't claim there were satellites orbiting Earth 100 years ago, so they couldn't make up their BS about satellite TV/radio until many years later. A satellite TV dish is just like your little radio antenna, and you have no idea they're full of crap.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Really? Welp, then those little white dots that cross the sky every night on a predictable schedule must be magic then! Or perhaps they're just huge space fireflies? Here's another link to a source that you doubtless scorn.
You do know that you can see the ISS with a pair of binoculars... don't you?
As an aside I see that this sterile thread has made it to another page that will doubtless just repeat the nonsense of the previous pages. Can we get a mod involved?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   

A ruse works because it is reinforced, over and over. They claim thousands of satellites are 'orbiting' the Earth, and you assume it must be true. The fact that nobody ever SEES satellites in orbit doesn't matter to you.

The fact that I have tracked and SEEN satellites with my own telescope is evidence that you are spewing nonsense.

Sometimes they can be spotted without a telescope. Your blind faith is no excuse for acting like you are actually blind.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Typo for the first 6 but used 8 for calculations which are correct unlike yours.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Oh nais.

What do they do for the space station bigger balloons?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
If the earth is flat, can anyone explain to me how earthquakes happen ?

What is going on there

thanks

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Oh nais.

What do they do for the space station bigger balloons?

Its painted on cardboard and god moves it with strings.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

What is going on there

thanks

God kicks the table by accident causing the earth to quake. Hey i finaly get it just insert god into anything that you don't understand.

So this makes life so much easier i dont haf to know nothun.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

When two people who are a couple of hundred miles apart see a satellite - like the ISS, for example - at the same time, parallax can be used to determine the altitude of the satellite. This parallax calculation tells us the satellite is 100s of miles up, in orbit.

Or, conversely, websites like heavensabove.com tell people exactly where in the sky the ISS and other satellites can be seen from their local point-of-view, and the locations the website provides are accurate for people hundreds of miles apart viewing the same satellite pass simultaneously.

If the ISS or satellite wasn't really at orbital altitudes, then the location heavensabove.com would not be correct (but they are correct).

edit on 2018/11/12 by Box of Rain because: spelling "If", not "Of"

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

No no no no nooono. How could two people be sure that they see the same light at the same time?! That would be WIT§HCRAFT, and that is forbidden. Says the holy book.

Really, all these points were made in this thread over and over again - there is no flat earth, there is no proof for a flat earth, there is not even a hint of flatness in the globe!

And every single proof of earth being round is completely ignored, there is simply no ground for discussion, as the FE-side completely denies such possibility (that the earth is a globe).

How about the Flat Earther just stop spreading their lies and shut up? They cannot expect that anyone, any single person in this kind of thread would SUBSCRIBE to their idea, as they just do not bring up arguments!

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Please explain how a sunset is possible on your magic space pizza. I'll preface by saying "God dun did it" or "magic" are not valid explanations. If you can't answer this simple question you have to admit that your entire belief system is industrial grade fertilizer.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: captainpudding

Please explain how a sunset is possible on your magic space pizza. I'll preface by saying "God dun did it" or "magic" are not valid explanations. If you can't answer this simple question you have to admit that your entire belief system is industrial grade fertilizer.

It's all a matter of perspective. When things move farther away from us, they stay the same size but then...ummm...slowly disappear in portions...errr...over the horizon??

...wait, that's not right. Perspective doesn't work that way.

Well, then I got nothin'. Sorry.

edit on 12/11/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: Nothin
Have a hard time comprehending, how folks in Perth, Cape-Town, and Buenos-Aries, can all see the same stars, at the same time, on a spherical Earth model?

That's because I didn't say all three places see the same stars at the same time. I said (1) Perth and Cape Town could see the same stars at the same time (same moment) when looking south, then I said (2) Cape Town and Buenos Aires could see the same stars at the same time when looking south.

Two different cases, both of which don't make sense on the Flat Earth maps of the world I have seen, but do make sense for a spherical Earth.

That's because looking south from all three places on a spherical Earth is looking toward the same part of the spherical Earth's sky, but looking at the sky towards the south on a flat Earth from those places has the people looking towards three completley different regions of that flat Earth's sky.

You may be right.
Am not interested in nitpicking all of the specifics required, but perhaps you might be agreeable that adding them would have helped for clarity?
Anyways: the stars aren't really there, are they?

If something works: it works, no?
Perhaps it's when we assume causation, and latch on to a conceptual 'why', that we silly humans leave objectivity behind, and wander into the realm of beliefs?

Are you sure that the Earth is spherical?
If so: how sure?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: captainpudding

They have explanations for just about everything... none of them are remotely valid but they don't seem to care

The sun set explanation is basically the sun rotates around the planetary pizza... and because of light refraction in the atmosphere, you can't see it in the distance

The one thing I've never heard an explanation for is planetary retrograde... I couldn't even imagine what they would say to attempt to explain that one... aside from God did it

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Based on the evidence I have, I'm 100% sure that it's spheroidal. Show me evidence to the contrary, and that might change.

The observation I can make for myself can be explained by a spheroidal Earth, but not by a flat Earth; the flat Earth model fails miserably in explaining all of the observations I can make.

However, If someone can show me a model of a non-spheroidal (or flat) Earth that can explain my observations, then I would be willing to consider it as a possibility. If someone can THEN show me how a spheroidal Earth does NOT explain my observations, then I will not just consider the non-spheroidal model, but I will accept it as the standard model.

But that consideration and acceptance is just hypothetical, because I haven't seen such a non-spheroidal model, and I haven't seen anyone show me how the spheroidal Earth fails to explain my observations.

edit on 12/11/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Changing the subject doesn't count?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Based on the evidence I have, I'm 100% sure that it's spheroidal. Show me evidence to the contrary, and that might change.

The observation I can make for myself can be explained by a spheroidal Earth, but not by a flat Earth; the flat Earth model fails miserably in explaining all of the observations I can make.

However, If someone can show me a model of a non-spheroidal (or flat) Earth that can explain my observations, then I would be willing to consider it as a possibility. If someone can THEN show me how a spheroidal Earth does NOT explain my observations, then I will not just consider the non-spheroidal model, but I will accept it as the standard model.

But that consideration and acceptance is just hypothetical, because I haven't seen such a non-spheroidal model, and I haven't seen anyone show me how the spheroidal Earth fails to explain my observations.

Thanks for writing that out.
Although the first part could be interpreted as an almost default position, (because you don't 'know' a better model), don't want to pin that on you, as you ended with what might considered an opening of sorts.

It's up to you, to express or not, if it's a default position.

Am not sure how you manage to be 100% sure of something, yet still open to questioning it?
That doesn't work for me, somehow.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: sapien82

What is going on there

thanks

God kicks the table by accident causing the earth to quake. Hey i finaly get it just insert god into anything that you don't understand.

So this makes life so much easier i dont haf to know nothun.

Perhaps pretending to not know, as much as one thinks they know, is the first step to realizing that we don't know as much as we think we do?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

We know the world is not flat.

Totally know that.

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join