It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1
Earth is a contained, controlled environment. It was meant for life to exist on Earth. We walk on Earth, and stay on Earth, and fall to Earth, within the environment created for humans, and all life, to exist, and flourish.

It is not a force that pulls you to Earth, it is simply your mass, and density, causing you to fall down. That's why birds can fly, and we cannot. A bird isn't pulled to Earth, it flies freely above Earth. We require machines in order to fly above the Earth.

A 'pull' is felt, like a magnet, or a rope grabbing you from behind. We feel a pull, on us.

It says a lot about education today when people argue gravity doesn't exist. I have to admit i am curious why you believe birds can fly and we cant? density would be about the same so are we talking about weight?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Earth is a contained, controlled environment. It was meant for life to exist on Earth. We walk on Earth, and stay on Earth, and fall to Earth, within the environment created for humans, and all life, to exist, and flourish.

It is not a force that pulls you to Earth, it is simply your mass, and density, causing you to fall down. That's why birds can fly, and we cannot. A bird isn't pulled to Earth, it flies freely above Earth. We require machines in order to fly above the Earth.

A 'pull' is felt, like a magnet, or a rope grabbing you from behind. We feel a pull, on us.

It says a lot about education today when people argue gravity doesn't exist. I have to admit i am curious why you believe birds can fly and we cant? density would be about the same so are we talking about weight?

It says a lot about education when so many people believe gravity DOES exist. That's what they try selling us, since first grade. It's called brainwashing.

And birds have less density than humans, as birds have light, hollow bone structures, unlike human bones, which are much more dense.

So birds have less mass, less density, and wings.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Buoyancy is another factor, mainly within a water environment, btw.
edit on 3-11-2018 by turbonium1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Let's say you were on a platform, ten feet above the ground. You were halfway over the edge of the platform, balancing on one leg.

Gravity doesn't pull you down to Earth, though. You remain on the platform, halfway off the edge, but still able to stand on the platform. Where is your greatest force of the universe, now?

Then, I throw a lasso around your dangling leg, and pull you down to Earth like a rock. The rope pulled you down, and you felt the pulling force on you, which made you drop 10 feet down to the ground.

A rope can do what gravity cannot, which means a rope is the greatest force in the universe, because it beats gravity every time!!

In fact, gravity did not pull you down, because gravity does not exist to pull you down. I needed a rope to pull you down.

When you realize gravity is pure bs, you'll finally start to grasp reality.

It's not at all what you and I were always being told, that's for sure. It's one lie after another lie.

Why? It gives them total control over all the people.

A big ball zipping through space, with hazards, and aliens, which can destroy little, defenseless Earth. NASA will save us, don't worry folks.

We hope NASA saves Earth, when all those huge asteroids fly towards us! Help, oh great god of all space, mighty NASA!

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
NASA releases 'images' of Mars. The surface of Mars has an Egyptian-like 'face' on it, and even pyramids!

NASA then denies there is a face or pyramids on Mars. It is all an illusion, caused by camera angles, or lighting, etc.

All of us still see a defined 'face', and sharp angles 'pyramids, though.

So everyone thinks NASA is not telling us the truth about Mars. NASA knows aliens were there, and are hiding it from us. Why? Maybe because aliens are HERE, on Earth. Or may be visiting Earth. Whatever it is, NASA is not telling us the truth about aliens!!

Does anyone think that NASA has images of Mars, with a 'face', and 'pyramids'....but doesn't see it in their images, and releases it to the world?

That's the whole idea. NASA fakes images of Mars already, so they put in - heehee - an 'Egyptian-like' face, with pyramids! Just like in Egypt, right? Aliens built the pyramids, and NASA knows it, but denies it!

Make up the whole story, it always sells!!

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

I have no words for this. Just laughter. A lot of laughter.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

A rope can do what gravity cannot, which means a rope is the greatest force in the universe, because it beats gravity every time!!

In fact, gravity did not pull you down, because gravity does not exist to pull you down. I needed a rope to pull you down.

I gave up about 10 pages ago, i hope i remain polite but what is that you are stating, gravity dont exist as rope is required, how about this test, see if you can get a rope to stand up on its own vertically, like the famous Indian rope trick THEN i will believe you, in the mean time I wonder what force stops a rope from pointing vertically when unaided? Hmmmmmm......G something

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

Do your own research and stop seeking the answer from men and seek ye first the 'Kingdom of God Within' then you will receive the answers you seek.

I do know for a fact that we DO NOT live on a spinning ball. There is no known law to even allow this to be true. No experiment tried, and there have been hundreds, have ever proved the earth to move at all. Go, find out for yourself, it is much more fun that way.
Happy Hunting!

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: childoffather
I do know for a fact that we DO NOT live on a spinning ball. There is no known law to even allow this to be true. No experiment tried, and there have been hundreds, have ever proved the earth to move at all.

There's the Coriolis Effect, for one, that tells us we're spinning.

One way to observe (i.e., test) the sphericalness of the Earth is to notice that what we call the Northern hemisphere (North America, Europe, much of Asia) sees a different night sky (different stars) than what we call the Southern Hemisphere (Southern Africa, Southern South America, and Australia).

However, Flat Earther's claim that South America, Australia, and Southern Africa are on completely different parts of the flat Earth -- some on opposites sides of the flat Earth......so how is it that they all see the same Southern Hemisphere sky?

edit on 3/11/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
oh cripes theres another one...

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: childoffather

Foucault's pendulum experiment and the invention of the gyroscope

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

I gave up about 10 pages ago, i hope i remain polite but what is that you are stating, gravity dont exist as rope is required, how about this test, see if you can get a rope to stand up on its own vertically, like the famous Indian rope trick THEN i will believe you, in the mean time I wonder what force stops a rope from pointing vertically when unaided? Hmmmmmm......G something

It's funny that you imagine a 'force' that 'stops' a rope from pointing vertically, without ANY proof of a 'force', while an ACTUAL force pulls you down, and is easily proven!!

Any REAL force is provable, at any time. It is not imaginary, or puffed up by 'experts' who 'claim' they know it exists!!

That's why you are conditioned to think there must be a great 'force' in play, that explains everything, without a SHRED of valid proof!

Science is SUPPOSED to be about proof, about validating theories, if they can be validated, and if not, then discarding them, and looking for alternatives. When one looks at how science approaches the theory of 'gravity', or 'evolution', or 'round Earth', it is blatantly obvious - to anyone - that science is being corrupted, twisted, like never before...

The surface of the Earth is in front of us. It is easily provable whether the surface is curved, or flat. Anyone can prove it, by simple experiments, and simple observations. More than ever, in fact, we can prove it.

Earth can be measured for curvature, easily. It does not require 'experts' who make 'calculations'. That's the excuse, used to try and hide the reality...

A lake of 2+ miles is all you need to prove the Earth is flat. The curvature is claimed to be 8 inches per mile squared.

This works out to 64 inches of curvature over 2 miles.

4096 inches, or 341 feet, of curvature, over 3 miles.

That means anything under 341 feet should be below our view, across a 3 mile lake....

If you have a scope, that is able to see over 3 miles across, you will see the truth. Objects do NOT disappear from view, in fact. They can be seen, and that is proof the Earth is NOT round, NOT curved, at all. It is, beyond doubt, a flat surface.

Nobody has to be afraid of the truth. It is ours to hold up, forever.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: childoffather
I do know for a fact that we DO NOT live on a spinning ball. There is no known law to even allow this to be true. No experiment tried, and there have been hundreds, have ever proved the earth to move at all.

There's the Coriolis Effect, for one, that tells us we're spinning.

One way to observe (i.e., test) the sphericalness of the Earth is to notice that what we call the Northern hemisphere (North America, Europe, much of Asia) sees a different night sky (different stars) than what we call the Southern Hemisphere (Southern Africa, Southern South America, and Australia).

However, Flat Earther's claim that South America, Australia, and Southern Africa are on completely different parts of the flat Earth -- some on opposites sides of the flat Earth......so how is it that they all see the same Southern Hemisphere sky?

One large flat circle, called the 'southern hemisphere', and one smaller circle, inside it, called the 'northern hemisphere'.

They are NOT hemispheres, however. That's the trick here.

It is a flat surface, where 'south' is the largest circle, and 'north' is the small circle, inside of the larger circle.

All the stars, and planets, are above the Earth's surface, rotating. The north star remains stationary, above the center of Earth. That's why nobody sees it in the southern 'hemisphere'.

How would the stars never change, over thousands of years, if Earth was hurling through space? How would they all remain at the exact same position, over thousands of years?

Nonsense.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

All the stars, and planets, are above the Earth's surface, rotating. The north star remains stationary, above the center of Earth. That's why nobody sees it in the southern 'hemisphere'.

The Flat Earth maps I have seen have Africa and Australia pretty far apart...so far apart that I don't know how a person in each location (say Perth and Cape Town) could look the direction they each call "South" and see the same stars near the celestial South Pole at the same time.

The same is true for Africa and South America. People in Cape Town and Buenos Aires can see the same stars at the same time when they each look to the celestial South Pole, but the Flat Earth maps I've seen make this an impossibility.

How would the stars never change, over thousands of years, if Earth was hurling through space? How would they all remain at the exact same position, over thousands of years?

The positions of the stars do change, but slowly. The closer a star is to earth, the more noticeable the motion would be -- just like when you move in a car, the stuff closer to you looks to be moving past you more quickly than the distant mountains.

Edmund Halley was the first to notice this star movement because some of the closer stars (Arcturus, Aldebaran, and Sirius) were in different positions in his days when he compared it to older star charts. Today there are instruments that can see this motion in relatively shorter span of just a few years.

edit on 9/11/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

The Flat Earth maps I have seen have Africa and Australia pretty far apart...so far apart that I don't know how a person in each location (say Perth and Cape Town) could look the direction they each call "South" and see the same stars near the celestial South Pole at the same time.

The same is true for Africa and South America. People in Cape Town and Buenos Aires can see the same stars at the same time when they each look to the celestial South Pole, but the Flat Earth maps I've seen make this an impossibility.

Hi. Nice to see everyone is back from their vacations.

Have a hard time comprehending, how folks in Perth, Cape-Town, and Buenos-Aries, can all see the same stars, at the same time, on a spherical Earth model?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The Earth is supposedly flying through space, while the exact same constellations are seen, above Earth!!

While stars are millions of light years away, they all follow Earth, and remain exactly in the same position, moving all at once, too?

Good one.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Nobody had explored the whole world before Columbus, etc.

But later on, we heard it was explored by Vikings, earlier on. At least, North America was explored by Vikings.

We thought the Earth was flat, back then, until Vikings and Columbus found the Americas.

The maps of Earth proved it was flat, and was completely explored, far, far earlier than any of the Vikings, or Columbus, ever came along...

What is most important to observe from these maps? Not only did they show every detail of the Americas, Africa, Australia, accurately. Which proves the maps are genuine, and also proves they deliberately lied about Earth not being fully explored, until much later on......

The maps actually show WHY they had lied to us, about the Earth not being explored, earlier on....

These maps show that Antarctica is not a continent, at all. It shows a wall, or series of walls, is surrounding the entire Earth.

Not only one map shows this. Several maps, from different regions of the world, from different eras, show there is a wall surrounding Earth.

Now, if they had already explored the entire planet, and mapped everything in great detail, which was confirmed to be accurate with other maps, as well.....why would they not mention it, and actually destroy all of these maps, whenever found to exist? Any idea?

In fact, the only reason some of these maps still exist, today, is that a few brave people hid them, from destruction.

These maps were destroyed because they showed Earth was flat, surrounded by a great wall of ice. These maps proved Earth was created, beyond a doubt. And that meant a creator existed.

The maps were proof of creation, and that's why they destroyed the maps, or tried to, anyway.

In the Bible, and other ancient texts, like Hebrew, they describe Earth's creation. It matches what was shown in those ancient maps.

Are you starting to understand the main point, yet?

It's very obvious, no?

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
flat earthers are morons?

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
flat earthers are morons?

We might argue with morons, for sure.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

The Earth is supposedly flying through space, while the exact same constellations are seen, above Earth!!

While stars are millions of light years away, they all follow Earth, and remain exactly in the same position, moving all at once, too?

Good one.

Erm, have you ever studied astronomy? Your trolling is getting increasingly amusing. Kudos to you! What a master troller!

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join