It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Nothin

well my fiance' and I , done a bit of experimentation at the weekend and if it helps We were given the opportunity to see the underpinning framework for whatever this reality is !

I cant discuss it here because of terms and conditions , but we cannot be certain of any reality !

I appreciate your endurance , It cant be easy to return to a thread where everyone appears to be directly opposed to your viewpoint !

I will look even further for a false belief ! Im sure just a couple minutes on the net and we will be inundated with these examples !

one for example of the top of my head was the false belief that the sun rotated around the earth and not vice versa
but that wasnt my belief but pre heliocentric earthlings beliefs !

I will continue to look

Just because we dont share the same opinions , or truths! doesnt mean we cant be friendly
which is pretty much like 90% of my real life mates hahahahah
Aww the best mate
speak to you soon

So you have seen deeper. Excellent! It cannot be unseen.
Kinda diminishes all of these FE/Spherical Earth debates a tad, no?

It's always odd to see how many folks leap quickly to the belief that one is something they are not.
It is part of a larger pattern, where folks seem to like to jump to quick judgement, and pigeonhole everybody.
Stick labels on them.

(Don't 'know' these things. They are merely opinion/belief/temporary ideas).

Aye it certainly cannot be unseen , but its always a forgetting and remembering , in a loop !
peaking behind the curtain is great, totally humbles you in the face of this , whatever the hell it is
its certainly awe inspiring , knowing that we are all the same thing , the one !

really fun , and just throws out all sense of understanding and replaces it with just jaw dropping beauty
because that is all we really need in this life ,is light and love .

but when you return to the material , its not quite as fun , its logic and reason and the magic takes second place again to the science

Humans are really good at sticking labels on things, so we know what it is , we have given it meaning by assigning words to it !

we like to generalise and put things all neatly into place sorting and remembering .

takes away from the magic of not knowing , the mystery , but there is certainly one thing , a never ending abundance of mystery! which is great for the scientific minded of our species , always more to learn

take care mate

have a nice weekend

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: turbonium1

Free Fall

A free falling object is an object that is falling under the sole influence of gravity. Any object that is being acted upon only by the force of gravity is said to be in a state of free fall

Objects are either falling to Earth, without a force acting on them, or they are pulled down to Earth, by a force acting on them......

We say objects FALL to Earth. Not 'pulled down' to Earth.

If objects are 'pulled down towards Earth's surface', why are they always claiming objects 'fall' to Earth?

Why would they lie about it?

There you go AVOIDING the second experiment on the video link please explain using you FE density belief how the small weight would increase after the larger weight is positioned below it.

Now for Fall it has a lot of uses in English here's one

drop, fall(noun)

a free and rapid descent by the force of gravity

another

fall(verb)

descend in free fall under the influence of gravity
edit on 5-10-2018 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Just curious as to your beliefs or your disciplines in life ? do you assign to any religions or practices

whilst I use the scientific method to make sense of the great mystery I still lean towards the mind before matter universe
and that consciousness manifests reality!

I've spent a good bit of time reading hermetic stuff and books on those schools of thought!

I am leaning towards daoism , I am quite a psychonaut and have been for many years , especially with my partner
a nice wee tool for reminding us where we are and what we are "the one"

if you dont want to share here, I understand and would be happy to discuss by PM
if you have time

aww the best

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

When I get up from my bed, I have to use force to lift me upright. In your world this would not be necessary, as there would be no force pulling me down.

Your mass (and density) makes you fall off the bed, and you need a force - your own muscles, etc. - in order to lift your body mass up from the floor. This is the only actual force involved here.

What do you feel when you lift yourself up from the floor? What are you struggling against? Your body mass. Weight. Same as when you struggle to lift a barbell. More weight makes it harder to lift up. Less weight is easier to lift.

We depend on our own senses, to feel what is pulling on us, or pushing us, or whatever else.

Why would you think we would NOT feel a pull on us, when we feel every other pull on us? Because 'scientists' say gravity 'pulls' us down to Earth? That's nonsense.

Do any of these 'experts' ever mention that when you're pulled to Earth, you will feel nothing, or sense anything, that is...er...PULLING on you??

The deception has worked well - most people now believe that a 'force' MUST be pulling all objects down to Earth's surface. Some of you say to me 'You think gravity doesn't exist? Jump off a building, and you'll quickly see gravity in action!' In essence, by jumping off a building, it 'proves' gravity exits!

No. It merely proves that we will fall to the ground, if we jump off of a building. It does NOT prove a force 'pulls' us down to the surface. On the contrary - whenever we fall, we DO NOT feel any 'force' pulling us down (toward Earth)
This force - which is below us - would have to pull on us, from the origin point, to the object above it.

An object above this force, within Earth, or Earth's surface, if it is being 'pulled' down, towards the origin point of the force, which is Earth's surface......must be pulled in one direction, towards the surface.

What happens when we are pulled from behind? For example, when the bottom of your coat is caught by your front door, after you closed it? You feel that something is pulling you from behind. You may be stopped in your tracks, or maybe you are pulled backwards. You will definitely feel there is some force, which is pulling you backwards, right?

A strong wind will be felt in the same way. A wind from behind that 'pushes' you forward, or a wind that goes the opposite direction, will hinder your movement against that wind. Again, you will feel that force, no matter what direction the force comes from.

Magnetic force is another example. If we hold a metallic object near a strong magnet, we feel the force pulling on the object.

Does it make any sense that if we can feel a small metallic object being pulled by a magnet, we cannot feel - or even sense - being pulled towards the greatest 'magnetic-like pulling force' (supposedly) known to exist??

You really believe we are 'pulled' to Earth, which we - do not even feel, or sense?

Gravity is really amazing - it pulls us down to Earth, without even feeling something is pulling us down to Earth!!

The only force ever known that pulls people in a direction, never knowing, or feeling, that we were being pulled in a direction!

Do you really believe in such absolute nonsense?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Now for Fall it has a lot of uses in English here's one

drop, fall(noun)

a free and rapid descent by the force of gravity

another

fall(verb)

descend in free fall under the influence of gravity

Gravity is an 'influence'?

When we fall down, there is nothing that 'influences' the fall, except for our body mass/density/weight. No force is 'influencing' anything here.

Notice that gravity is not ever 'pulling' objects. It just 'influences' objects!

So we have gravity having some sort of 'effect', on the objects. What is this 'effect' of gravity? It pulls objects down to Earth, of course! But it is never described as 'pulling' on objects. Or rarely so. It is never described the same way, for that matter, as other forces are described (as well as proven, and demonstrated, and repeatable!)

How nice to know gravity is an 'influence', or an 'effect'! I thought that gravity was mainly a great force, within the Earth, which pulled objects - within it's 'influence'- towards Earth's surface!!

Gravity is described as an 'influence', on falling objects. An 'effect' on objects.

The perfect force is vaguely described, as an 'influence', or an 'effect', on all objects.

There is nothing mentioned on the 'effect', or 'influence', it has on objects.

It's already a force we believe in, so we don't need to explain it. Gravity is a force, okay?

Gravity is nonsense, the definition(s) of gravity are all nonsense. This 'force' is nothing but a 'farce'.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

LOL

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

So do you want to explain the second experiment when the large weight is below the smaller one and the smaller weight increases

Want to explain that using your flat Earth density

I can show you countless examples of the opposite, actually.

A heavy, large object NOT attracting any smaller object.

Want to explain that?

Explain the second experiment like I said you would dodge it and you did

You obviously have no grasp of physics every post shows that.

Of course - anything that I haven't addressed from your group, means I 'fear' it!!

So what does the video show? Lead balls attracts to other lead balls. A lead ball underneath some other lead attracts it, and weighs more than earlier.

Why is lead the favorite material in these two 'demonstrations of gravity'? All sorts of materials, so why is only one material being used?

That video suggests objects are attracted to other objects of greater mass.

This demonstration shows gravity at work, right?

It's obvious that your video is suggesting gravity is making two lead balls move towards the two larger, heavier, lead balls, right?

With lead, only lead, that immediately raises some questions on why it uses only a metallic material for testing an attraction between two objects... hmm, why is that fishy?

Wouldn't anyone be able to prove gravity, if it's that simple? In fact, gravity would have been well-proven by now, and for many centuries before now.

The point - prove this is gravity by using other, NON-METALLIC materials.......if you can.

If you cannot, then your video is total crap.

It was claimed for many decades, and some still claim it - ships are seen going past the curvature of Earth, when sailing beyond our view. A ship sails beyond view, which proved to the world the Earth is round.

Until we had magnification that proved the ships did NOT sail over any sort of curvature, that is.

Some people are still trying to make that absurd claim, today. They are lying, obviously. They don't want the truth, so what else would they want? Simple. For an agenda, same as they've always done.

Your proof was a ship sailed over curvature, and it was taken as proof - that the Earth is actually round, not flat, without a doubt, without a question. Everyone has believed the Earth is round, to this day, because we believed that ships actually had sailed over the Earth's curve!!

Soon, they were making thousands, upon thousands, of Earth globes. Earth was a perfectly round ball, we had globes in every one of our schools. Ships proved the Earth was round, after all.

We found that ships were still in view, later on. But it's never even mentioned in our schools...we still have Earth globes, and that's how it's still being taught in our schools - that the Earth is round.....I'd bet ships are sailing over curvature, in schools. And written in our current school textbooks, most likely.

It is difficult to hold a popular belief. It has to become unshakable. It must be told to the world, over and over again, for generations. Every scientist - our 'experts' - must support the Earth being round, as well.

And the most important point of all - everyone must ridicule, and mock, and insult, and laugh at, anyone who even dares to doubt that the Earth is round!!

Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I see that Turbo is back to doing what he does best - wilful misunderstanding/exaggeration/astonishing ignorance. Come on people. He's trolling us all. He couldn't even refute what I said about the planes over my head disproving in a single glance that the Earth is flat.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
I see that Turbo is back to doing what he does best - wilful misunderstanding/exaggeration/astonishing ignorance. Come on people. He's trolling us all. He couldn't even refute what I said about the planes over my head disproving in a single glance that the Earth is flat.

No, it doesn't prove the Earth is round. Saying it does is not proving it.

Prove what you claim, if you can. Don't just say it does.

Instruments on planes clearly have proven the Earth is flat, of course.

Gravity is a fantasy that attempt to excuse the reality, the measurements of our very instruments are the only valid proof here. It doesn't matter if you accept the proof or not, it is an undeniable fact.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Gravity is a fantasy that attempt to excuse the reality, the measurements of our very instruments are the only valid proof here. It doesn't matter if you accept the proof or not, it is an undeniable fact.

People, here, again, is an epic lesson in trolling. You say some completely ridiculous things, you ignore everything that has been posted previously that utterly proves you wrong, you announce that a basic visual observation of an easily seen phenomenon is somehow untrue and then you double down on the silliness.
Turbo, I salute you for your dedicated trolling and your astonishing persistence in the face of facts. Bravo, sir, bravo.
edit on 6-10-2018 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

People, here, again, is an epic lesson in trolling. You say some completely ridiculous things, you ignore everything that has been posted previously that utterly proves you wrong, you announce that a basic visual observation of an easily seen phenomenon is somehow untrue and then you double down on the silliness.
Turbo, I salute you for your dedicated trolling and your astonishing persistence in the face of facts. Bravo, sir, bravo.

I'm asking you to prove what you are saying, that's what everyone is expected to do.

If you prefer to call that 'trolling', and not provide any evidence for your claim, there's nothing for you to offer us here.

You said you saw proof of the Earth being round, when you saw these planes above you. You didn't even provide an image of that, so we could look for ourselves.

What do you think I'm supposed to reply to here? What you claim to have seen?

If you can't even show what you claim to see over your head, what are you doing here?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I'm asking you to prove what you are saying, that's what everyone is expected to do.

If you prefer to call that 'trolling', and not provide any evidence for your claim, there's nothing for you to offer us here.

You said you saw proof of the Earth being round, when you saw these planes above you. You didn't even provide an image of that, so we could look for ourselves.

What do you think I'm supposed to reply to here? What you claim to have seen?

If you can't even show what you claim to see over your head, what are you doing here?

I'm pointing at you and laughing, that's what I'm doing, due to your epic trolling. You are in a minority of one, none of what you say makes the least bit of sense, you can conduct the same basic experiment that I did at dusk (but you won't, because it's a quick and easy way to disprove every bit of nonsense that you've been babbling) and you've been proven wrong so many times that I can't even list them.
You have to be trolling. It's the only rational explanation as to why you are defending the hysterically silly theory that was exploded centuries ago.
But please continue to amuse us all.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Still going strong after 50 pages.

Unbelievable.

Despite an absolute mountain of scientifically proven FACT some people still prefer blind faith.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

How nice to know gravity is an 'influence', or an 'effect'! I thought that gravity was mainly a great force, within the Earth, which pulled objects - within it's 'influence'- towards Earth's surface!!

well there is the problem,

you don't understand something, hence so it doesn't exist.

for 50 pages in this thread and maybe 50 in another everyone is telling you that this is not gravity, your understanding of it.

Like saying gravity doesn't exist?

You too.

If gravity doesn't exist then you should be able to float when leap off the empire state building.

easily provable and very highly likely it will be filmed so we will have video evidence of you floating.

But if you fall then why? Oh your own mass and weight you say, well how can your own mass play a part in you falling yet the earths mass doesn't when the interaction is to bring both together in contact?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

This thread is proof enough.

If not,

there is another flat earth thread you trolled to hell a few months back

and just in case someone isn't convinced just look at the your posts in 9/11 threads.

PROVEN.

Their claim is like everyone elses, nothing to flat earth or round earth.

Its the first sentence of what you quoted and like i said its proven.

No that is the claim on everyone's mind

and the proof is all over numerous threads after you keep repeating the same nonsense over and over and over and over.

Look proof.

you ask for video or photographic evidence of something that requires walking up the stairs and out of the basement to see the real sky.

You did this when I asked you about the sun or moon, to look at them when they are directly above and then when close to the horizon.

I get it if you are AI program, but seriously you cannot go outside?

Oh the irony

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
it is a FACT that the earth is round. why do others argue with those that think it is otherwise, when it's useless to do so. ignore them

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Just curious as to your beliefs or your disciplines in life ? do you assign to any religions or practices

whilst I use the scientific method to make sense of the great mystery I still lean towards the mind before matter universe

I've spent a good bit of time reading hermetic stuff and books on those schools of thought!

I am leaning towards daoism , I am quite a psychonaut and have been for many years , especially with my partner

if you dont want to share here, I understand and would be happy to discuss by PM
if you have time

aww the best

Nothin much.

Just hanging in the space, with no doctrine, dogma, nor beliefs. But they just keep on knockin'!

No leaning. Just sometimes holding up ideas to the light of contemplation, temporarily. With no attachment.

Spherical Earth; Flat Earth; Basketball Earth that is sometimes inflated-like, or sometimes deflated-like; or any concept conceivable, or inconceivable.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

if you have time

aww the best

Nothin much.

Just hanging in the space, with no doctrine, dogma, nor beliefs. But they just keep on knockin'!

No leaning. Just sometimes holding up ideas to the light of contemplation, temporarily. With no attachment.

Spherical Earth; Flat Earth; Basketball Earth that is sometimes inflated-like, or sometimes deflated-like; or any concept conceivable, or inconceivable.

OK, so when you are holding up the idea of a flat earth for contemplation, how do you reconcile that with the observations you can make of the positions in the sky of the stars, planets, sun and Moon relative to your position on Earth and the motions of the stars, Sun, and Moon throughout the course of their apparent journey across our sky?

Also during your contemplation, how do you explain the apparent orientation of the Moon and constellations a person (any person) views them from mid northern latitudes versus mid southern latitudes? Or the apparent distance the Moon is from the Earth when measured by parallax, such as the ancient greeks did when they measured that distance??

And then contemplate a spheroid earth and how those same things might be explained.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

if you have time

aww the best

Nothin much.

OK, so when you are holding up the idea of a flat earth for contemplation, how do you reconcile that with the observations you can make of the positions in the sky of the stars, planets, sun and Moon relative to your position on Earth and the motions of the stars, Sun, and Moon throughout the course of their apparent journey across our sky?

Also during your contemplation, how do you explain the apparent orientation of the Moon and constellations a person (any person) views them from mid northern latitudes versus mid southern latitudes? Or the apparent distance the Moon is from the Earth when measured by parallax, such as the ancient greeks did when they measured that distance??

And then contemplate a spheroid earth and how those same things might be explained.

There is no reconciliation, because there is no held idea/concept, that needs to be reconciled.
There are apparent observations.

No explanations.
Just apparent views. Just looking, without conclusion.

(Don't 'know' these things. They are merely opinion/belief/temporary ideas).

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   

knowledge exists... you know that right?

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join