It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: Nothin

a reply to: Nothin

I find "morons" is more appropriate for flat earthers actually...

Theres only so many words that work with such a ridiculous belief

Yeah! You sure have just-about used-up that word in this thread!

What if any of your beliefs were ridiculous?
What would that make you?

Someone who understands the world isn't flat?

How can you be sure that you are not confusing your beliefs, with supposed knowledge?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Check the motto of the site DENY Ignorance the Earth is not flat only idiots believe it is.

Do you really believe that you are denying ignorance, by calling people ..."idiots..."...?

What if some of your beliefs are found to be false, would that not be ignorance, by your own standards?
Are you so sure of yourself?

I wouldn't call someone an idiot its just not n8ce picking on mentally impaired people. They really can't help being stupid its usually just a lack of a decent education.

People are taught information and now we have it at our finger tips. But schools never taught how to use information to make logical conclusions. Throwing information at someone without teaching them how to process information leads to people who cannot tell a stupid statement from a statement of fact.

Do you really believe that schooling is more about 'education', than instruction?
Do you know the difference?

Is that why you always seem to try to offer an explanation so often?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

How can you be sure that you are not confusing your beliefs, with supposed knowledge?

Why don't you verify the earth is round/flat yourself? It doesn't take much especially in this age. The Greeks did it without even having a watch and I am sure you have access to one.

You have a computer. You can verify when the sun rises through web cams on different parts of the world. That is more than enough to go on.

If you don't even try to verify the observations and math behind it and continue to say the earth is flat then being classified as a moron is totally deserved.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Simply because we've known the earth's shape for millenia… basic proven physics crumble on a flat earth

And im not a moron lol

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JameSimon

Regarding the whole "continents change size, therefore photos must be false" argument, there is actually a very simple experiment one can perform at home with nothing but a globe (or a white soccer ball, just draw some continents on it) and a camera (your smartphone should suffice. Here's how to set it up:

1 - Place the ball in a stationary spot
2 - take a photo of the ball 50cm away from said ball so that its diameter fits your screen / viewfinder top to bottom, granted you're in landscape mode.
3 - take another photo, this time at about 2m. If required, zoom in so that the ball covers your screen top to bottom
4 - repeat the same at 10 meters.

You may not be able to zoom in that far with a phone, which is fair enough, but since cameras have got 10+ mpx these days you can crop the photo.

You'll clearly observe that even when the balls are matched 1:1 in size the continents will appear bigger the closer you are to that ball.

For the sake of accuracy you must use the same camera and the same lens, and preferably use a lens that doesn't introduce much lens distortion.

I'm eagerly awaiting for your results.

Gonna quote myself, hope the mods don't mind. I challenge ALL flat earthers to prove that the continents stay the same size relative to the ball when the above is performed. Please post unedited pictures so that we can confirm the metadata and the necessary cropped ones. This should rule out fakery and provide added strength to your tangible proof.

If no flat earthers at least acknowledge this challenge I will be flagging your comments for review for trolling. It's ok if you don't want to run the experiment, it's not ok to continue trolling this page time and again.

What makes you think you have any authority to make such demands, and challenges, when you haven't even replied to the questions and challenges asked of you?

18th post on page 33

What questions and challenges? I can only see an idiotic questions about 3D and accepting reality. I don't use 3D glasses, they give me migrain. I also don't accept what I see with my eyes as I'm color blind. I do need to run my observations with third party calculus or independent observations, in case I want them validated scientifically.

Now, are you actually going to try a scientific experiment or will you keep deflecting? One more try.

And I do have the authority to threaten to flag your comments as you don't address anything people ask you here. You and the turbine fella.

So you refuse to answer the questions again?
If he 3D glasses only appears idiotic to you: perhaps you could interpret the intention, rather than only making it personal?
You could not have replied in the third person, as an observer?

So you rely on third party data to interpret your reality, and you totally trust it?

Your kind of experiments don't interest me, for various reasons.
EX: Other than colorblindness, do you completely trust all of your observations as truth?
Do you believe that because something can be caused to happen 3 times, that is therefore truth?
Do you believe in 3rd party data and information as truth?
Do you believe that your own reasoning is truth?

How can they be truth, if they are all prone to occasional error?

Is your self-declared authority not only a delusional belief?
Would that not be ignorance?
Would that not be the denier, being denied?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Ready to have your mind blown?

The earth is actually a square.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Am I sure sure the Earth is not flat yes 100%, do I think anyone who looks at ALL the evidence still claims/thinks it's flat is an idiot yes

Why do you think that your belief is better than another's belief?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

So, to adapt the previous to my observations:

I saw a bring thing in the sky that didn't look circular. It was really bright and moving really fast. My theory was that it could be a meteor, a plane, a UFO or the ISS.

I ruled out planes because of the lack of lights and the proximity to the airport: there are no commercial flights overing that area and the object was lit at night, close to sunshine, which meant it was flying high. I the ruled out a meteor based on the lack of tail and on the apparently parallel Path taken by the object. This left me with UFO. Since I can't prove that I saw an alien craft, o moved to ISS and went to both official sources (can't quote the exact website at the moment, this was a while ago) and amateur websites to track both the known path and share pictures. The path was consistent with my observations in multiple sources, and the pictures from the event closely matched my observations.

The brightness of the object can be explained by the sun, which was due to rise in about 1 to 2 hours. To confirm this, I tracked the expected sunrise and sunset and calculated how high the object needed to be to the captured by the sun and reflect light. This again matched the ISS theory. So yes, it was the ISS, and all proof confirms this. This also confirms that the flat earth is nonsense.

So now that I explained my process please, humor me, setup the experiment and prove to all of us your theory matches your observations.

What if your self apparent reasoning is full of holes?
Would that not mean that your conclusion that you deem to be proof, confirms delusion and ignorance rather than truth?

Why did you not consider that it might be a satellite?
How does a single object move in a parallel path, as you stated? Parallel to what?
So because you can't prove it's a UFO, you just discount the possibility? Where's the truth in that?

Did you not make leaps of faith, (beliefs), to reach a desired conclusion?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Nothin out here dodging bullets like Neo in the matrix !

we are not discussing the philosophy of reason , nor are we here to get scientists to say they are finding truth.

We are discussing the objective facts of the debate between flat earth and spherical earth, and the facts speak for themselves!

Yet here you are still debating reason, reality , and the philosophy of truth!

that is not what we are discussing , you have purposefully taken the discussion that way because you cant debate the facts!

Ok I will get the very guy who started the ask anything Phyiscs thread shall I

Sure: ask the question in the science sub-forum, and post the link here please.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Why don't you verify the earth is round/flat yourself? It doesn't take much especially in this age. The Greeks did it without even having a watch and I am sure you have access to one.

You have a computer. You can verify when the sun rises through web cams on different parts of the world. That is more than enough to go on.

If you don't even try to verify the observations and math behind it and continue to say the earth is flat then being classified as a moron is totally deserved.

Why do you ask me to verify it?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Simply because we've known the earth's shape for millenia… basic proven physics crumble on a flat earth

And im not a moron lol

Are you the same 'we', that has supposedly known things for millennia, or are you simply trusting what you have been instructed to believe?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Trusting something that can easily be verified by anyone with a couple IQ points...

Unfortunately flat earthers prove they lack even a couple

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Trusting something that can easily be verified by anyone with a couple IQ points...

Unfortunately flat earthers prove they lack even a couple

How are sure that you could recognize someone with ..."...a couple IQ points..."...?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

a reply to: turbonium1

Curvature has been accounted for more times then anyone can count in this and many other threads...

Just because you're too thick to realise it does not make it any less "accounted for"

And your theories on level flight making the curvature not accounted for are pure bullsh!t… and I think you know it

Instruments are not bs, I think you know that.

So can you please, please expand on the 5 feet per minute drop, I really want to understand how you plot a line wether straight or curved without another vector

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

A descent of about 5 feet per minute would be required to follow the curvature.

Anything else?

Yeah my mum was once giving me directions and said turn left about 20 seconds after the lights, makes sense to not include speed or are we assuming you mean freefall speed, as long as its dropping 5 feet per minute it does not matter what speed it is doing? do planes fly at a constant speed? as for my mums directions I took the wrong turn

oh and this image is from a recent video which is in a favour of a flat earth, honestly can you tell me what you see

The video is not accurate, whether or not it's supposed to support the flat earth argument.

Curvature has to be accounted for, and it's yet to be shown to exist.

How convenient, shame well we best inform that FE guy and his followers then, he seems to believe it is, is there an actual FE model that all FE believers would agree on, or is it another conspiracy which has never been fine tuned, with people like your self having one opinion and yet other FE believers have a different view

at least us globed earth fools agree on one model, maybe there needs to be just one FE model rather than many abstract and sometimes outlandish theories.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

Many times I have ask questions on this subject; yet I don't think I have ever gotten an answer to them.

I now have one more.

I often hear these "believers" in the flat earth theory speak of the "horizon" as they show videos of the sun coming into view. My question is .. How do you have a horizon if the earth is flat? Doesn't this statement alone show that the true nature of all this is to subvert the minds of those "others" who, like yourselves, are not very good at critical thinking into rejecting what their own eyes tell them and allow someone else to lead them into false doctrines ?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

And im not a moron lol

Are you the same 'we', that has supposedly known things for millennia, or are you simply trusting what you have been instructed to believe?

We are the we who know how to verify things experimentally. Stop watching YouTube videos and get out in the world and experience reality.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

So you refuse to answer the questions again?
If he 3D glasses only appears idiotic to you: perhaps you could interpret the intention, rather than only making it personal?
You could not have replied in the third person, as an observer?

So you rely on third party data to interpret your reality, and you totally trust it?

Your kind of experiments don't interest me, for various reasons.
EX: Other than colorblindness, do you completely trust all of your observations as truth?
Do you believe that because something can be caused to happen 3 times, that is therefore truth?
Do you believe in 3rd party data and information as truth?
Do you believe that your own reasoning is truth?

How can they be truth, if they are all prone to occasional error?

Is your self-declared authority not only a delusional belief?
Would that not be ignorance?
Would that not be the denier, being denied?

What questions? You keep saying I refuse to answer but I don't see a question, I see you questioning my senses and then, when convenient, stating that people should trust them.

1. No. This is why I require observational data and calculation. Math doesn't deceive me, my eyes may.
2. If something causes the same reaction 3 times it's very likely it will cause the same a 4th one. It's not 100% likely and will never be.
3. No, I believe in third party data that matches observational data and is verified by MULTIPLE third parties. THe more the merrier. And even then, there is an element of uncertainty, even when a theory is pretty bulletproof.
4. No, my own reasoning has nothing to do with maths and observational data.
5. Everything is prone to falsification. Science doesn't consider anything as 100% truth and fact, and doing so would be going against the scientific method. My car is working perfectly, and this statement is true. It can fail tomorrow. This statement stops being true. I was a Iying at any step?
6. I have no authority, my opinion is as valid as yours. The problem is that my opinion on this particular subject is based off observational data (please learn what observational stands for) and yours isn't. I don't care if you believe in the flat earth of cilindrical pancake world, just don't say you have proof. You haven't.
7. Ignorance is deflecting perfectly valid scientific reasoning to questions someone's observational data because part of it relies on their senses.
8. I really don't understand the last question.

Please stop trying to pull a straw man and address people's questions. Your questions are pretty valid, but you're just deflecting at this stage.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

Apparently its because of the vanishing point or the angular limits of perception or some such nonsense. Do stop me if I am being too technical.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

A descent of about 5 feet per minute would be required to follow the curvature.

Anything else?

Yeah my mum was once giving me directions and said turn left about 20 seconds after the lights, makes sense to not include speed or are we assuming you mean freefall speed, as long as its dropping 5 feet per minute it does not matter what speed it is doing? do planes fly at a constant speed? as for my mums directions I took the wrong turn

oh and this image is from a recent video which is in a favour of a flat earth, honestly can you tell me what you see

The video is not accurate, whether or not it's supposed to support the flat earth argument.

Curvature has to be accounted for, and it's yet to be shown to exist.

How convenient, shame well we best inform that FE guy and his followers then, he seems to believe it is, is there an actual FE model that all FE believers would agree on, or is it another conspiracy which has never been fine tuned, with people like your self having one opinion and yet other FE believers have a different view

at least us globed earth fools agree on one model, maybe there needs to be just one FE model rather than many abstract and sometimes outlandish theories.

They aren't 'believers' is FE, they are shills, controlled opposition, and they mix actual information with disinformation. And joke about the FE.

It's standard practice, with issues such as 9/11, JFK, etc. They set themselves up as questioning the official account, mix some good points in, and then veer off on a tangent, with something absurd.

Then, your side jumps in and says 'You don't even keep your argument the same, unlike our side!'

The FE side could do the same thing - pretend to support the round Earth, throw in a few points to show they support it...and then go off with something easy to refute. All it takes is a handful of people, doing this, to muddy YOUR argument, and the FE side can jump in and say 'Your side can't make up the same argument!'

It's rather interesting to note that the side opposing the 'official account' on issues does not do this, unlike the 'official' side does, on every issue, all the time.

So let's stick to the argument I'm making, and I'll stick to the argument you're making, which is all that matters here.

I'm still waiting for curvature to be accounted for, because no flights EVER account for it, in any way, with any of their instruments.

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join