It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
WHy do you use google , its fallible , its other peoples observations !

why are you using the internet ?
or anything else created by humans if its fallible and untrustworthy !

Your sitting using a computer , all based on observations , and science !
if you dont believe in scientism , stop using the internet and ATS , its all based on peoples fallible observation
stop typing on the keyboard designed and created by peoples observations
stop using the alphabet and the english language , see where I am going with this
every single thing you are doing in your waking daily life , all based on other humans observations
we stand on the shoulders of giants!
Although even at that height some of us still cant see the forest for the trees

and yes , all that is required is to study the night sky , without tv its easy !

how do you think our ancestors managed it , they weren't distracted, they could see the night sky as there was no light pollution! So I imagine it would be a sight to behold.

They even sat there long enough they decided to record their observations and created stone circles
and later down the line we have astronomy , and all that astrophysics is today !
They didnt often need to repeat it year in year out as they shared their observations with others!

but none of that is for you since its all fallible nonsense right

and

Nothin ,

what do you say to human observation and the truth of say cognitive disability
such as colour blindness

Tritanopes for example , born with insensitivity to the colour blue!

their truth is that they cant see contrasts of blue , that is a truth
then through other human observations with their fallible perceptions
scientism has allowed tritanopes to see the contrasts of blue with special corrective optics!

one truth from a fallacy to another truth!

and I think I am done providing fuel to the troll fire

aww the best and I hope you are bathed in the light of scientism

Quit if you wish.
The things you claim to know, are not so.
You are indulging in beliefs, and calling them truths.

Don't know anything about tritanopes, and can't see how you are putting truth in there.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: Nothin

Geeze: you make it sound so easy.

OK: just teasing. You already have heard that any kind of exercise like this doesn't interest me.
...But what is the Flat Earth explanation? And does that Flat Earth exlapanetion fit in with the other Flat Eath explanations for other observations (i.e., is the explanation internally consistent with the entire Flat Earth hypothesis)?

Don't have answers for those questions.

Have you done those experiments yourself?
When did you start believing in a spherical Earth model?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Right so medical science is a belief is it ?

I really hope that you dont have to rely on that specific "belief" system one day , but if you do I am quite confident given that the nature of any condition isn't too serious that the magic doctors will cure you and prey away all of your ills

you can see why I have quit this attempt to shake you out of your stupor !
It is really futile

having provided more than enough truth for you to digest , you simply refuse to even consider the information as truth
despite evidence to the contrary .
I even offered you a way to join forces and do a simple experiment , but you decline and that really does say a lot about your arguement. When given the opportunity to knock it out of the park , you decline the offer.

So it was certainly tiring to try and make you see things differently , I hope one day your perspective is changed, probably when youtube falls out of fashion and people start paying attention to objective fact rather than speculation on youtube
and the craze of denying scientific enquiry as a religion and belief system when personal incredulity finally ceases and
you choose to illuminate yourself rather than jumping on a band wagon because it gets you views or likes or makes you seem edgy to all of your friends !

However feel free to continue supporting the "belief" of flat earth
if it makes you happy

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

It is not a "belief," it is a matter of pragmatism. Learn how to navigate without electronics. I dare you.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Right so medical science is a belief is it ?

I really hope that you dont have to rely on that specific "belief" system one day , but if you do I am quite confident given that the nature of any condition isn't too serious that the magic doctors will cure you and prey away all of your ills

you can see why I have quit this attempt to shake you out of your stupor !
It is really futile

having provided more than enough truth for you to digest , you simply refuse to even consider the information as truth
despite evidence to the contrary .
I even offered you a way to join forces and do a simple experiment , but you decline and that really does say a lot about your arguement. When given the opportunity to knock it out of the park , you decline the offer.

So it was certainly tiring to try and make you see things differently , I hope one day your perspective is changed, probably when youtube falls out of fashion and people start paying attention to objective fact rather than speculation on youtube
and the craze of denying scientific enquiry as a religion and belief system when personal incredulity finally ceases and
you choose to illuminate yourself rather than jumping on a band wagon because it gets you views or likes or makes you seem edgy to all of your friends !

However feel free to continue supporting the "belief" of flat earth
if it makes you happy

Medical science and doctors are not in possession of truth.
Certainly hope you do not believe that.
All you have to do is look at the long history of medications that were rushed through trials and approuval, them heavily marked to doctors and patients, only to end-up being shown to cause harm to folks.

Has it not yet crossed your mind, that perhaps the things you consider truth, are not any kind of universal nor absolute truth, and not accepted by everyone?

What kind of band-wagon are you on?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I and many friends and family can attest to the wonders of treatments under our NHS. They worked - mostly - as some things are simply not curable. I take it that you have never had any medical treatment and if, God forbid, you needed it would you refuse on your grounds of principle?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

It is not a "belief," it is a matter of pragmatism. Learn how to navigate without electronics. I dare you.

Pragmatism is understandable.

Have and use a map-book in my car.
But you probably wouldn't like it, because the maps are all flat.

So: do you carry a globe in your car to navigate with?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Here this explains many things flat earthers seem to not understand.

edit on 9/13/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

All very well and good if we are debating the honesty of medical practitioners and the pharmaceutical industry
however I am speaking about medical / biological science !

again I shall try to see if it sinks in!

Say you have a cut on your arm , you know that you have cut your arm , you suspect its deep enough that it wont close by itself and you require stitching .
So you go to the hospital , you get it stitched , but during your time at the hospital the cut is infected and you then get blood poisoning you then require a transfusion .

Is that all just make believe ?
does any of those procedures require truth , in order to be resolved and drawn away from fantasy into reality?
In order to save your life , some truth is required , first the truth that blood can be infected , next the truth that in order to cure blood poisoning you require intravenous antibiotics or in extreme cases a blood transfusion.
How on earth did we find that out , I wonder
it certainly wasn't from belief , it was from trial an error and sharing medical data from one physician to another sharing truth and observation based on objective fact.

the way you flat earthers are with science is the same way , medicine men of the medieval times believed there were four elements to the human body and leeches can cure blood diseases by blood letting .

the band wagon of reason you know the one you fell off when you started watching flat earth videos on youtube, you should try it again some time !
its pretty comfy and reliable in getting you from A to B.
No ticket required , just hop on any time .

edit on 13-9-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
How does the flat earth theory explain the precession of the equinoxes ?

have any of the flat earthers repeated foucalts pendulum experiment on the flat plane to disprove the precession?

foucault pendulum

Oh wait , you dont do experiments and dont deal in fallacy and fallable perceptions!
so how do you intend to prove the flat earth if you dont trust others observations and dont even trust your own ?

Explain to me how you can prove a theory without using science ? or your own perceptions
how is that physically possible ?

Do you admit you have now backed yourself into a corner which you cant reason yourself out of accept for admitting that you are wrong
and then you can move forward !

How can you debate a theory , without using your own fallible perception , or without accepting that there is truth to be found everywhere using scientific enquiry?

I'd probably get more in return by banging my head against a brick wall

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

appologies - but WTF ??????????????

foucaults pendulum " works " - WHY it works - is explained by - and wholley congruuent with the sphereoid model

IF the earth is a flat plane - as flat earth proponents claim

it still "` works " - as demonstrated by the multiple examples on display in science museums and other insitutions world wide

my question - and one that the flat earth proponents nevver manage to aanswer

is WHY does it weork - if the earth is a flat plane ?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I realise the error of my ways and have explained that the wrong way !

I meant how can those results be achieved if the earth is a flat plane !

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

I and many friends and family can attest to the wonders of treatments under our NHS. They worked - mostly - as some things are simply not curable. I take it that you have never had any medical treatment and if, God forbid, you needed it would you refuse on your grounds of principle?

Is that what your impeccable logic has led you to believe?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Here this explains many things flat earthers seem to not understand...

Still trying to explain things eh?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

All very well and good if we are debating the honesty of medical practitioners and the pharmaceutical industry
however I am speaking about medical / biological science !

again I shall try to see if it sinks in!

Say you have a cut on your arm , you know that you have cut your arm , you suspect its deep enough that it wont close by itself and you require stitching .
So you go to the hospital , you get it stitched , but during your time at the hospital the cut is infected and you then get blood poisoning you then require a transfusion .

Is that all just make believe ?
does any of those procedures require truth , in order to be resolved and drawn away from fantasy into reality?
In order to save your life , some truth is required , first the truth that blood can be infected , next the truth that in order to cure blood poisoning you require intravenous antibiotics or in extreme cases a blood transfusion.
How on earth did we find that out , I wonder
it certainly wasn't from belief , it was from trial an error and sharing medical data from one physician to another sharing truth and observation based on objective fact.

the way you flat earthers are with science is the same way , medicine men of the medieval times believed there were four elements to the human body and leeches can cure blood diseases by blood letting .

the band wagon of reason you know the one you fell off when you started watching flat earth videos on youtube, you should try it again some time !
its pretty comfy and reliable in getting you from A to B.
No ticket required , just hop on any time .

Did you know that leeches and blood-letting are still used today?

As you scoff at the practices of blood-letting, and using leeches, yet you also believe that today's medical / biological science is truth?
Really?
You think that in 400 years, folks will look back and still think that we had arrived at medical / biological science 'truth' in 2018?

If not: then why do you call it truth?

Physicians do not share truth. They share tax-tips and restaurant suggestions.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

You are once again being provided with scientific truth and then changing the goal posts,
So now you deny the truth of medical /biological science
and attempt to swing the debate to the moral /ethical judgement of the medical industry!

We aren't discussing their moral compass here , we are discussing the objective facts and truth being provided to us by scientific enquiry which you deny brings truth at every turn despite the evidence in favor of truth.

Yes leeches and blood letting is used today , but we have advanced and improved on that basic practice , notice how you moved on past the initial point being made that we used to "believe" it was 4 elements , only to be replaced by actual objective facts about the human body from scientific study , through dissection and analysis of our physiology !

We are not having a philosophical debate here , we are discussing the objective fact and truth provided by the scientific investigation of naturally occurring phenomenon !

however like i've said its futile!

Good luck in all of your future endeavors and rest assured any time you need it truth is there for you in all walks of life , Aww the best and lang may yer lum reek !

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

May I ask you again, if you fell ill or suffered a serious medical condition, would your principles and beliefs prevent you from seeking medical help?

Are you suggesting that busy A&E do not actually spend there time treating and operating on patients and generally saving people's lives but rather they just sit around sharing tax tips and restaurant suggestions?

edit on 14-9-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Just saying that these are all objective truths about the world , whether you believe in them or not !

because they have been independently verified and repeated by many different humans the world over and throughout history
and cannot be denied as truths

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

You are once again being provided with scientific truth and then changing the goal posts,
So now you deny the truth of medical /biological science
and attempt to swing the debate to the moral /ethical judgement of the medical industry!

We aren't discussing their moral compass here , we are discussing the objective facts and truth being provided to us by scientific enquiry which you deny brings truth at every turn despite the evidence in favor of truth.

Yes leeches and blood letting is used today , but we have advanced and improved on that basic practice , notice how you moved on past the initial point being made that we used to "believe" it was 4 elements , only to be replaced by actual objective facts about the human body from scientific study , through dissection and analysis of our physiology !

We are not having a philosophical debate here , we are discussing the objective fact and truth provided by the scientific investigation of naturally occurring phenomenon !

however like i've said its futile!

Good luck in all of your future endeavors and rest assured any time you need it truth is there for you in all walks of life , Aww the best and lang may yer lum reek !

Doubt you could find 5 peer-accepted scientists, whom would dare say their domain of work was truth.
It just isn't so, and your belief in such is nothing but Scientism.

This was all spelled-out to you, in detail, in my very first post in this thread, which was a reply to you.
That post was never questioned nor challenged.
Honestly think that you probably never saw it.

'Tis not the bandwagon of reason on which you ride, but the magic-belief bus.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

May I ask you again, if you fell ill or suffered a serious medical condition, would your principles and beliefs prevent you from seeking medical help?

Are you suggesting that busy A&E do not actually spend there time treating and operating on patients and generally saving people's lives but rather they just sit around sharing tax tips and restaurant suggestions?

Would consider all options, if me or a loved-one is sick.

What ..."...principles and beliefs..."... would that be?

Was not suggesting anything close to that. C'mon man!
Bet you dollars to doughnuts that most physicians reading my comment would have chuckled.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join