It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomLawless
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

They will show you a picture of low Earth atmosphere and claim that you can't see a curve when you can.

It is a bit counterintuitive, but you neither can or should see a curvature.

The Earth drops off at the same rate in every direction, and for there to be a curvature the drop off needs to be uneven - If you looked towards the horizon and saw a curvature could it would imply that the Earth is cylindrical.

The flat earthers are right that you cannot see a curvature, but as is the case with some many thing FE, they are wrong about the interpretation.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Why do you think the Ancients had Court Jesters...? so the subjects would stay put and not go too close to the edge and fall off, which was the popular thinking with dinosaurs too. Word has it that after a T-Rex pedicure they would congregate and have refreshments so as to not fall off the edge while engaging in gaiety and dancing near said edge. That's why dragsters have parachutes..... you guessed it...... to keep from accelerating and falling off the edge of the world. That is why window washers are tethered to their baskets. To keep from defecting to the dark side ie. the edge. That is why the fast food industry was pushing Super Size.... to make people lethargic and be too lazy to attempt an expedition to investigate the said edge. They were in league with George Soros. Why do you think Military Tanks and Trucks have radio antennas.................. wait, I thought 'You' knew.

Why are cakes decorated ? Again it has something to do with flat earth....
As the wise sage Bruce Willis once said............... actually he said it over 84 times on Moonlighting, but I digress, He said Bee's bee and Fly's fly.

But not too close to the edge... And that is 'The Rest of the Story' ......
edit on 21-8-2017 by Plotus because: edit on 21-8-2017 by Plotus because: that is exactly what a plotus does when an Eclips is emenant

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
flat or not ... what the one considers evidence the other doesn't. maybe the earth is a torus , or we live inside a simulation. Or it's a simulation with pesky NCP's and to save resources we have to play ingames. Who can say what's real ? Scientists ? What about covert science. Does light always have the same speed ? Why is it exactly 299729 km/s and who dictates it's a constant. Is radioactive decay always constant ? Was the moon in the past really at Rochelimit ? Multiverse / Universe P-branes or a dirty big bang (dirty bit comes from dark matter I guess) So much questions.

Once I met Mbote (indegious people of Congo aka pygmees) one of them was abducted (different story) and told his tribe members the earth looked like a pot , it was round. Being ridiculed by the other Mbote who knew for sure the earth was flat and the shield of a gigantic turtle.

Some how I believed the little guy. He convinced me the earth was round , for me it was prove that the earth is round (who needs NASA ?). Luckily that's also the general opinion.

edit on 8212017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Or perhaps the shape is a hexagon or a heptagon or a octagon or enneagon. It could even be a decagon or a hendecagon or even a dodecagon. Without a doubt it has many shapes that it could be comprised of, even a triskaidecagon or tridecagon, tetrakaidecagon or tetradecagon or even a pendedecagon. That still leaves room for a hexdecagon, a heptdecagon, an octdecagon or a enneadecagon. And lets not forget the icosagon. Without a doubt it could be any......

I said 'could' be, but my choice......... a sphere...plain and simple.

Evidence..... we don't need no stinking evidence...

edit on 21-8-2017 by Plotus because: life is so simple, perfect for simpletons to be sure. Now why are we here ?

edit on 21-8-2017 by Plotus because: chipped my nail typing

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
Hey all. I know that there are many who believe the earth to be flat. Im not one of them. I do have a question to anyone who believes this.

With all the evidence to the earth not being flat. What evidence do they have the the earth is flat?

If this topic has been covered im sorry.

simple:

Google: flat earth theory.

There's your answers

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperJosephed
I personally believe we live in a simulation. So I believe the world is both flat and round just as light can be a particle or wave; it depends on the observer, you could say.

this is pretty much the correct answer

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I just want a good popcorn doc on flat earth or living in a simulation that doesnt have some annoying 16 year old narrating.. Or for that matter, I also hate the youtube docs where people just splice other peoples work together and call it original..

Severe lack of docs on the simulation theory in particular.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Ive already requested that they do a crowd fund and live stream the full event from setting sail to antarctica getting to the ice wall climbing it then throwing themselves off the side

best way to prove it in my mind !

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

the strongest evidence for god or simulation theory is if humans can create AI

then it means that its possible for a god to exist and create intelligent life

it just means the god or designer that created us is far more talented and intelligent because we are free thinking biological computers , were as we just make crappy robot versions of us in AI

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I can go with that. But then one must ponder.... Are our creators just as fallible as us? Scary thought for an afterlife that doesnt have answers

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

well I think of the universe in an idealist way now , and it seems consciousness itself is just as fallible as us , it whatever it is, is looking for some meaning or answer as well and we are the best attempt to date .

I think the whole thing is one giant never ending question , that will never be answered , but there lies the possibility of an answer within ourselves rather than out there.

I like the whole thing its very funny , novel , and interesting way to go about life, its all just for fun , as in
Why do we exist, the answer is ,Why the hell not
the empty universe would seem a bit boring without all those explosions and things happening
throw in some meat sacks that shake it up then its more fun

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
ok OP was asking for evidence to the flat earth theory and we have two sites of flat earther bashing, that's a bit off topic.

may i contribute with this:
why aren't there any flights from south america to africa (that would be impossible only on flat earth)?

there are even more planes heading to iceland!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: anticitizen

Flights. Sydney to Santiago. FE is impossible. It's a much further flight on a FE than to Africa yet it happens.
edit on 21-8-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

If the Earth wasnt flat, how can it sit atop the backs of 3 elephants standing on a turtle?

Real Flat Earthers are in on the joke. That a few people actually believe it just means that if you think Captain America and Rocket Racoon really exist, you are not alone.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Im on the east coast of Ireland, Wicklow to be precise.

Now across the water is Britain, and Wales is directly across from where i am.

On a really good day for it, i can see Mountains in Wales with binoculars no problem.

Now how can that be if the Earth is round?
Their not the tallest of mountains.
The distance is 159 miles / 255 kilometres

If the Earth was round, surely this cant be possible????

The Earth curves about 5 metres in 8km im told so....

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Flights. Sydney to Santiago. FE is impossible. It's a much further flight on a FE than to Africa yet it happens.

speaking of it, it's funny that if i google "flat earth flights south america to africa" there are a bazillion sites that go like "flat earthers suck because of flights from chile to australia!"
that reminds me of googles new strategy to debunk undesired non mainstream thoughts with counter argument web suggestions.

ok anyway, why aren't there frequent flights from south anerica to south africa?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Take a good look at Frankenstein's head he is a product of his environment.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

lets start with the CORRECT distance from " wicklow " to " welsh mountains "

because :

staerting weith the town of wicklow

Saint Patrick's Church - St Patrick's Rd Wicklow Ireland > the summit of snowdon = 134km

it is not possible to get a distance of 255km from ANYWHERE in the administative district of wicklow to snowdons peak

and just for the LOLZ - from st patricks chirch - 255 km due east = stoke on trent [ england ]

so - lets try again shall we - with correct numbers - and your altitude - plus the actual mountains you claim to see [ summit names ]

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Uh, because airlines don't fly where there isn't a lot of demand. They exist to make a profit, so they fly where there is demand. The more demand, the more flights. If there isn't much demand, you have to catch a connection somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

...Some how I believed the little guy. He convinced me the earth was round , for me it was prove that the earth is round (who needs NASA ?). Luckily that's also the general opinion.

Nobody needs NASA to tell them the Earth is round. Evidence through careful observation of the world around you will tell you that the Earth is round, and that evidence through observation could have been done (and has been done) for many years before NASA even existed.

The Ancient Greeks 2000 to 3000 years ago had some good proofs for a spherical Earth. If you don't trust the experiments by the ancient Greeks and want to see the effects of the Earth's curvature for yourself, go to Lake Ontario an look at Toronto from the lake's opposite shore (as mentioned in the video posted by Kromlech, linked below):

originally posted by: Kromlech
Long range shooters, artillery, and ICBMs must compensate for Earth's rotation -- the coriolis effect. But never mind that inconvenient fact, here you go:

...It really is astounding that it even has to be disproven TODAY. ^Lol, even the thumbnail to that video speaks for itself.

edit on 22/8/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join