It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: InfiniteTrinity

Whole lists of geostationary and geosynchronous satellites. Looking forward to you debunking their existence one by one.

List of satellites in geosynchronous orbit

en.m.wikipedia.org...

List of Satellites in Geostationary Orbit
www.satsig.net...

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Arbitgeur wont come into this thread to debate you on anything , he has his own thread and has done for ages where members of ATS can ask him anything they like about physics and he replies.

So dont expect him to come chasing you for the sake of it.

I said if you want a professional explanation then he is your man!

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

What good is that going to do you. You have already debunked geostationary orbits yourself.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: InfiniteTrinity

its the word "stationary" thats throwing you , its stationary in terms of its absolute position over the earth, but its not stationary in that it isnt moving at all .

No, I have said all time that its moving through space. Try to read.

Can you now answer the question.

How does a geostationary satellite maintain its curved trajectory through space without falling along Earth curvature?

It’s been explained to you. It’s falling at a rate about the earth’s axis that matches the earth’s rotation.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

What good is that going to do you. You have already debunked geostationary orbits yourself.

Again.. examples of very real and tangible technology using geostationary and geosynchronous satellites

Whole lists of geostationary and geosynchronous satellites. Looking forward to you debunking their existence one by one.

List of satellites in geosynchronous orbit

en.m.wikipedia.org...

List of Satellites in Geostationary Orbit
www.satsig.net...

And you cannot debunk the existence of the service provided by just one satellite
edit on 16-8-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The what are the objects broadcasting from geostationary and geosynchronous orbit?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

What does the force of gravity exerted on satellites have to do with earth’s rotation to make geostationary and geosynchronous satellites impossible?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It’s been explained to you. It’s falling at a rate about the earth’s axis that matches the earth’s rotation.

And I destroyed that nonsense. You have to explain how it is able to maintain this curved trajectory. But you didnt cause you cant.

The only way it can maintain a curved trajectory is if it falls around Earth curvature. Which it doesnt.

link   

Are you saying earth can only exert gravity on an object that doesn’t match earth’s speed of rotation?

link   

I've told you repeatedly

the satellite will ALWAYS fall along the earths curvature no matter what and this is what gives its velocity under the influence of gravity, the only way it wont fall is if it produces an equal or larger force to combat the influence of gravity.

Velocity of the falling satellite is then matched to the rotational speed of the earth , and in doing so it is then considered in a geosynchronous orbit with earth, once this is acheived it is then in what is known as a geostationary orbit which is fixed in position to the observer . However it is always falling on its trajectory along the curvature of the earth under the influence of gravity.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

And I destroyed that nonsense. You have to explain how it is able to maintain this curved trajectory. But you didnt cause you cant.

The only way it can maintain a curved trajectory is if it falls around Earth curvature. Which it doesnt.

And yet, the existence of hundreds of geostationary and geosynchronous satellites proves your full of crap.
edit on 16-8-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Mate I can do this all day if ye like , I will repeat this information to you until you eventually click
I really dont mind.

As I have said , personal incredulity doesnt take away from the fact that these theories are based on natural phenomenon that exist .

Just because you cant understand it , doesnt mean that it isnt real for the rest of the 7.6 billion people on earth.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

And you cannot debunk the existence of the service provided by just one satellite

Whatever the technology really is is speculation. The fact is that geostationary orbit is not possible.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

But can you answer the question? Thought so.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
as the satellite falls , the earth rotates on its axis, and to the observer this looks as though the satellite is stationary , however both the satellite and the earth are moving , under the influence of gravity.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I have answered your question multiple times, as I have said , just because you cant grasp the idea
that as the satellite falls the earth rotates, giving the impression that the satellite is stationary !

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

And yet, the existence of hundreds of geostationary and geosynchronous satellites proves your full of crap.

As long as you cant answer the question that means nothing. All you can be sure of that something is transmitting from a certain direction. Something that is not a geostationary space satellite because they cannot exist.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
In any case

humanity has presented the evidence and the theory as to how this all works

so what is your evidence to the contrary what is your theory ?

simply saying that you dont believe wont cut the mustard
you need to provide an alternative theory and working model for how this is possible ?

that is how science works !

it's not that I dont believe you , but I dont believe the evidence you have presented as you havent presented anything other than your own opinion.

Give me some juicy facts , show us something that backs up your position.

Why in your research , cant geostationary satellites exist under the theory of gravity and orbital mechanics ?
where is your evidence which refutes the theories?

If you want to seriously debate the theory of gravity , you are going to need more ammo
personal opinion isnt even the bullet cartridge , never mind the gunpowder !

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

as the satellite falls the earth rotates, giving the impression that the satellite is stationary !

The question was how does it maintain a curved trajectory through space, without falling around Earth curvature. How hard is it to read a question posted 30 times and answer it?

the satellite falls

No it doesnt. It moves through space. It can only fall around Earth curvature, which it doesnt. Debunked again.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

As long as you cant answer the question that means nothing. All you can be sure of that something is transmitting from a certain direction. Something that is not a geostationary space satellite because they cannot exist.

The question has been answered. You just refuse to acknowledge that geostationary/ geosynchronous satellites are just like any other man made satellite. They are just at an altitude that allows them to be able to have a velocity which matches the earth’s rotation. The earth rotates around 2880556 miles per second. For a geostationary/ geosynchronous satellite to maintain its orbit, it must travel at 1.91 miles a second.

How is the orbital velocity of 1.91 miles a second not the right velocity to keep a satellite in orbit 22,236 mi above the earth?

edit on 16-8-2019 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join