It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

When I showed you that is not true, by pointing out shortwave signals, you now try to change your argument, because you've lost the original argument...

What do you not understand satellites do not use shortwave radio.

You

What you are now claiming is that 'satellites' don't use shortwave signals, they use microwave signals.

No. There is no claim. It’s fact satellites use Ka band. A frequency that doesn’t bounce off the ionosphere because it has the energy to punch through.

You

Prove that a rocket really flies up, into 'orbit', if you can.

Satellites are in orbit and tracked. Space junk retuning to earth. Rockets going into space are tracked by radar and other nations. Countless footage has been provided. There are whole control centers dedicated to space missions. Countless testimonies concerning space missions. Because you are not willing to except the reality of space travel, satellite internet, satellite radio, satellite phones, satellite earth mapping, satellite communications, satellite weather mapping, real time satellite surveillance, GPS satellites, documented space junk, moon mapping missions, hardware left on the moon and utilized is jest a testimony to blatant disregard for truth. And you dare box in your god in on only being able to create a fishbowl? Very little trust there....

You

I've never even seen a rocket fly up to airplane altitudes, and neither have you, or anyone else, seen it.

Blatant lie by you. Evidence has been cited repeatedly in this thread. You just stick your head in the sand and shout I cannot hear you.

You

If they really sent rockets into 'orbit', they'd tell us where to see it go up towards 'orbit', after they launch from Earth.

Again. Blatant false argument by you. Name one rocket that should be in orbit right now?

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You

I've never even seen a rocket fly up to airplane altitudes, and neither have you, or anyone else, seen it.

What is it with you and blatant lies?

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Akragon

I was gonna post that one !

here are JAXA rockets launching 7 satellites

funny thing about this whole flat earth , we can lead a horse to water
but it will only drink when its ready!

edit on 2-8-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Your list by the way..

If the earth was always flat, why lie about? For about the last 3000 years? When the new and old worlds hardly knew of each other’s existence?

What is the firmament? And how does the firmament allow for the retrograde of the inner planets. The return of space junk? Or comets?

For the flat earth model, why doesn’t the sun and moon “sink” to the earth’s surface, or drift off?

Every flat earth model I seen shows the sun and moon circling at a constant height above the earth. How does the flat earth model account for the fact the moon and sun actually set and rise from behind the curve of the earth known as the horizon.

Why can’t you see the Rocky Mountains from the top of mount Washington in New Hampshire, or the top of Mount Mitchell in North Carolina? Or why can Mount Mitchell not be seen from mount Washington?

Why does the North Star disappear below the horizon when you travel south across the equator.

How does the firmament allow for new objects like the international space station and the Hubble space telescope that can be seen from earth.

You cannot even create a credible argument on why flat earth should be taken seriously.

Why do I have to align my satellite dish UP AT THE SKY to a specific area in space to get it to work?

Why are there areas on earth where the only why to get HBO or internet is from a satellite via a satellite dish? In Ka band?

How did the reflectors get on the moon that are used to bounce lasers off of to get the moon’s distance.

You claim the moon is only 6,000 miles away? Then why not take a dirigible airship to the moon?

The summer solstice for the northern Hemisphere is the northern Hemisphere’s longest period of daylight hours. For the flat earth model, how is the same day the Southern Hemisphere’s shortest period of daylight hours?

You ignore the biological effect of gravity.

Please answer how a equatorial mount for a telescope would work on a flat earth model.

This ties in with the equatorial mount.
You do realize on a flat earth model, the sun would never set.

Why not use a blimp to fly over the supposed Ice wall?

Foucault's pendulum

Coriolis Force

edit on 2-8-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

You

What is it with you and blatant lies?

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Akragon

I was gonna post that one !

here are JAXA rockets launching 7 satellites

funny thing about this whole flat earth , we can lead a horse to water
but it will only drink when its ready!

This rocket isn't flying above airplane altitudes, either.

It's flying in the blue skies above, as they all do.

Did they tell us where we could see their rocket, on the way up to 'orbit', or not mention it?

I'm sure they didn't mention it, right?

It seems odd that they would not tell us where we could see it from Earth, flying up and up, towards 'orbit', does it not??

They would know the flight path of their rocket, right?

Why would they not mention where it will fly to us, where one could see it, from Earth?

All of these rockets have to fly within Earth's atmosphere, for awhile, before they can go up, into 'orbit', according to you, right?

They would be seen on Earth, somewhere, if that is true. Surely you know rockets would not only fly over large bodies of water, during their entire flight, around Earth, right?

They'd have to fly over land, too.

We'd be able to SEE them, somewhere, for sure.

Wouldn't they want us to know where to see their amazing rockets, going into 'orbit', then?

Of course they would want us to see their rockets!

It's a no-brainer, is it not?

Anyone with half a brain can figure out why they don't mention it, too.

Wouldn't you like to see a rocket going up, towards orbit? I'm sure you would, and many others would, too.

Do you not think it odd that they don't tell us where we can see these rockets going up towards orbit, especially since nobody has ever seen it before?

Why would they never mention where to see the rocket going towards orbit, is blatantly obvious.

The only reason they don't tell us where to see it fly towards orbit, is because they do NOT go into 'orbit'.

It is purely an illusion. It has fooled people for years, and still does.

You've never thought it strange that rockets are never seen going up towards 'orbit', from here on Earth. You've probably never wondered why all these rockets have gone into 'orbit', yet we've never actually SEEN a rocket going up towards 'orbit'....

You've never questioned it, and will never admit it is ridiculous. But you know it is, for sure.

Ask them why they didn't tell us where we could see their rocket, since you believe they go into 'orbit'....

I'd bet none of them would even answer you, but if they did, it would be gibberish. As they have no valid answer for it.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Your list by the way..

If the earth was always flat, why lie about? For about the last 3000 years? When the new and old worlds hardly knew of each other’s existence?

What is the firmament? And how does the firmament allow for the retrograde of the inner planets. The return of space junk? Or comets?

For the flat earth model, why doesn’t the sun and moon “sink” to the earth’s surface, or drift off?

Every flat earth model I seen shows the sun and moon circling at a constant height above the earth. How does the flat earth model account for the fact the moon and sun actually set and rise from behind the curve of the earth known as the horizon.

Why can’t you see the Rocky Mountains from the top of mount Washington in New Hampshire, or the top of Mount Mitchell in North Carolina? Or why can Mount Mitchell not be seen from mount Washington?

Why does the North Star disappear below the horizon when you travel south across the equator.

How does the firmament allow for new objects like the international space station and the Hubble space telescope that can be seen from earth.

You cannot even create a credible argument on why flat earth should be taken seriously.

Why do I have to align my satellite dish UP AT THE SKY to a specific area in space to get it to work?

Why are there areas on earth where the only why to get HBO or internet is from a satellite via a satellite dish? In Ka band?

How did the reflectors get on the moon that are used to bounce lasers off of to get the moon’s distance.

You claim the moon is only 6,000 miles away? Then why not take a dirigible airship to the moon?

The summer solstice for the northern Hemisphere is the northern Hemisphere’s longest period of daylight hours. For the flat earth model, how is the same day the Southern Hemisphere’s shortest period of daylight hours?

You ignore the biological effect of gravity.

Please answer how a equatorial mount for a telescope would work on a flat earth model.

This ties in with the equatorial mount.
You do realize on a flat earth model, the sun would never set.

Why not use a blimp to fly over the supposed Ice wall?

Foucault's pendulum

Coriolis Force

Planes cannot fly to the wall, nor a blimp, nor anything else can do it.

The weather is very extreme, apparently, all of the time, flight is not possible. Other means of travel don't work, either.

Why do you keep asking the same questions I've already answered?

You cannot understand how an extremely large flat surface will NOT have an infinite view of all objects above it, because the objects are all very low above Earth. Maybe 6000 miles or so, at most. Maybe less.

Any object, like a star, or the Sun, is much too low above us, to be seen everywhere on Earth, at the same time.

Simple as that.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

The weather is very extreme, apparently, all of the time, flight is not possible. Other means of travel don't work, r

Falsehoods. Shame on you. There is a flight service out of New Zealand that gives air tours of the Antarctic. There is no ice wall.

You cannot understand how an extremely large flat surface will NOT have an infinite view of all objects above it, because the objects are all very low above Earth. Maybe 6000 miles or so, at most. Maybe less.

Shame on you. More falsehoods. Flat earth doesn’t explain the actual rising and setting of the moon and sun.

Traveling south across the equator. Are you saying there is not a dome above the earth in the flat earth lie? With polars at the highest point? Then Polaris should always be at the highest point. As one travels south across the equator, Polaris doesn’t change in magnitude of brightness. Once south of the equator, the curve of the earth blocks Polaris from view. If the earth wasn’t blocking the view, you should still see Polaris.

You

Any object, like a star, or the Sun, is much too low above us, to be seen everywhere on Earth, at the same time.

Shame on you, more falsehoods. It’s not a sin to lie?

No. In flat earth, the sun and moon are supposed to be thousands of miles above the earth? They still should be seen at any given time from any given place from a mountain top or from a jet.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

To bad you are shamelessly telling falsehoods, and ignoring the end result.

Japan Successfully Launches 4th Epsilon Rocket with 7 Satellites

www.nippon.com...

About 50 minutes after its liftoff, the rocket put the primary payload, the Rapid Innovative Payload Demonstration Satellite 1, or RAPIS-1, into an orbit at an altitude of about 500 kilometers.

After that, the remaining six satellites were also successfully injected into respective orbits.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

When those miles away objects are seen going over the horizon, yes. Or like in the documentary "Behind the Curve" on Netflix where they keep doing scientific experiments to prove that the earth is flat and their results keep proving the Earth is round. That's the major issue with the flat earth belief, there is literally zero evidence in support of it and all of observable reality that disproves it. Something as simple as a sunset proves with 100% certainty that the earth isn't flat, flat earthers have not once been able to explain a sunset in their reality without having to say it's either magic or the work of God.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
on december 21st [ winter solstice ] .

flat earth cultists claim the sun is directly above the tropic of capricorn [ how it shifts its orbit is the topic of another post ]

but - on this day at local noon - the sun is not visible from the north pole [ only 12500 kilometers away ] , BUT the sun is visible over 15000 km from a given point .

go figure

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Dude.
It's...um...perspective.
Yeah, that's the ticket. Perspective.

Art is real dude.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

you spelt MAGIC wrong

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   

The weather is very extreme, apparently, all of the time, flight is not possible. Other means of travel don't work, either.

Why do you tell such blatant lies?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Why is the weather 'very extreme' at the 'ice wall'?
What phenomena explains this?

Why does it prevent all modes of travel?

Given the technology available to us surely there'd be some images of this 'ice wall', could you share some of them with us please?

And again; what is the purpose of this alleged mass conspiracy?
Whose agenda does it serve, who benefits from it?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Not according to the flat earth society.

You can actually go to a point in Newfoundland and see the edge at the horizon, no wall to be seen and sometimes very clear skies above the horizon where the edge is said to be.

Many have sailed out there and none have died falling off the edge or hitting any walls.

So if they are 6000 mile up how large does a flat surface have to be so as to not see stars at 6000 mile elevation from anywhere on the flat surface

What is the Diameter of the flat disk so as to not be able see stars 6000 mile above?

Any object, like a star, or the Sun, is much too low above us, to be seen everywhere on Earth, at the same time. Simple as that.

Yes so it should be simple to answer.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

You can go on holiday cruises and such to Antarctica. The flights/cruise ships/Zodiacs etc seem to work just fine. More FE lies.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
sigh - this is what happens when flat earth cultists attempt to make emperical claims :

because the objects are all very low above Earth. Maybe 6000 miles or so, at most. Maybe less.

^ talking about the sun and moon

now we know the distances between various points on the earths surface .

and for any claimed distance [ for the sun or moon ] of " 6000 miles [ or less ] " any observation of its angle above the horizon - is imeditatly contradicted by a simultaneous observation from anywhere else on the planet . heck it does not even work for time lapse observations from the same point

cue - " its magic " the end result of any flat eather claim

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

originally posted by: JameSimon
I'm gonna be honest, this guy is either mentally challenged or a troll, there's no other option. I'm leaning towards the first one, as I haven't seen such a persistent troll.

Quick piece of proof:

I worked in TV as both a Duo Operator and a Camera Operator. I often needed to assemble equipment including, but not limited to, help out with the auxiliary machinery for Satellite transmission. This involved getting the coordinates for the Satellite and pointing our dish to said Satellite. Since our cameras were RF (used radio frequency, no cables) we didn't even need cables. If the dish was more than X % off it would not transmit. If the satellite was properly set, it would transmit. If it was heavy downpour, image or sound quality would need to be adjusted to account for available bandwith, else our broadcast would have tons of lag and glitches.

On the other hand, using the same machinery, we could also plug in a Fiber Optics cable to directly broadcast to remote servers. Since transmission is virtually instantaneous, we could transmit 4k content with no concerns towards weather events. The Satellite dish would be folded, as it wouldn't be in use.

Now, unless you call me a conspiracy agent from NASA (LOL) I'm gonna go with a theory I have been working on: Turbonium1, you're full of #.

I guess you don't know about shortwave signals, then?

These signals go out thousands of km, and without any 'satellites' in 'orbit'!

Sheesh.

You are really something special.

The transmission was to the arabic peninsula. From France

Shortwave is in the MEGAHERTZ. Satellite is under the GIGAHERTZ. You absolutely cannot set up a 4k RAW TV transmission with audio with shortwave, it's simply not possible. So, again, you are wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Like gravity, trigonometry is a myth.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The weather is very extreme, apparently, all of the time, flight is not possible. Other means of travel don't work, r

Falsehoods. Shame on you. There is a flight service out of New Zealand that gives air tours of the Antarctic. There is no ice wall.

Shame on you. More falsehoods. Flat earth doesn’t explain the actual rising and setting of the moon and sun.

Traveling south across the equator. Are you saying there is not a dome above the earth in the flat earth lie? With polars at the highest point? Then Polaris should always be at the highest point. As one travels south across the equator, Polaris doesn’t change in magnitude of brightness. Once south of the equator, the curve of the earth blocks Polaris from view. If the earth wasn’t blocking the view, you should still see Polaris.

You

Shame on you, more falsehoods. It’s not a sin to lie?

No. In flat earth, the sun and moon are supposed to be thousands of miles above the earth? They still should be seen at any given time from any given place from a mountain top or from a jet.

No, they shouldn't, and aren't, "seen at any given time from any given place", because when we are in a plane, or atop mountains, we are far too low to ever see the Sun, or Moon, thousands of miles away from us. I've already told you everything above us, Sun, Moon, stars, etc... is NOT millions, or trillions, above the Earth. You don't see how the Sun could set because it's millions of miles away, so we'd have to see it all the time, on Earth, no matter where we are - if the Earth was actually flat.

Is that your basic argument?

What you cannot grasp here is the size of Earth's surface, with low altitudes, of the Sun, Moon, etc....

Why would you believe flat surfaces have unlimited, infinite views of all things above the surface?

You say if it's a flat surface, you'd see the Sun all the time, on Earth!! As if you believe that all flat surfaces, offer an unlimited, infinite views of everything above!!

The Sun cannot set on any sort of flat surface, based on your argument, as a flat surface has infinite view of all things above!!

When you look above a flat surface, of any size at all, you see everything above it, even if it's thousands of mile distance away from your position, on that same flat surface???

Sheesh

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
sigh - this is what happens when flat earth cultists attempt to make emperical claims :

because the objects are all very low above Earth. Maybe 6000 miles or so, at most. Maybe less.

^ talking about the sun and moon

now we know the distances between various points on the earths surface .

and for any claimed distance [ for the sun or moon ] of " 6000 miles [ or less ] " any observation of its angle above the horizon - is imeditatly contradicted by a simultaneous observation from anywhere else on the planet . heck it does not even work for time lapse observations from the same point

cue - " its magic " the end result of any flat eather claim

Angles that have first assumed the Sun is 93 million miles away from Earth, don't work on the flat Earth?? No s&(^, they don't!!

The Sun is not millions of miles away from Earth, or anywhere close to it.

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join