It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

How does flat earth theory cope with visible meteorites entering the atmosphere? And the recovery of pieces of meteorites?

Chelyabinsk meteor

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The Chelyabinsk meteor was a superbolide that entered Earth's atmosphere over Russia on 15 February 2013 at about 09:20 YEKT (03:20 UTC). It was caused by an approximately 20 m (66 ft) near-Earth asteroid with a speed of 19.16 ± 0.15 kilometres per second (60,000[5]–69,000 km/h or 40,000[5]–42,900 mph).[6][7] It quickly became a brilliant superbolide meteor over the southern Ural region. The light from the meteor was brigher than the Sun, visible up to 100 km (62 mi) away. It was observed over a wide area of the region and in neighbouring republics. Some eyewitnesses also felt intense heat from the fireball.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Global Warming will take care of that, Al Gore is on top of it.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I like this guys channel he does flat earth friday every week and debunks a new flat earth video every week
really good fun as well !

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I was gonna post that one !

here are JAXA rockets launching 7 satellites

funny thing about this whole flat earth , we can lead a horse to water
but it will only drink when its ready!

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

lol yeah but that doesn't work with a donkey

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Well that depends, how level is this water you want the horse to drink?

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: captainpudding

ahhahahahah

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I thought this was pretty good

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

see... You're still too frickin dense to figure out that you can't film a rocket going into orbit which goes straight up and floats there.... idiot!

I've already explained this several times... and the video is showing exactly that... what goes up comes right back down...

Said rocket wasn't going into orbit.... it was just breaching space...

IF it was filmed from the ground you would lose sight of it after a few hundred metres... because its tiny... that's why they put the camera on the rocket.

You suggest there's no video showing a rocket going up into a tiny dot, because a tiny dot would not be worth showing us, from Earth?

They could show it as a dot, from Earth, on video, but they don't bother to show it as a tiny dot?

What's the whole point in showing a rocket going up into orbit, if nobody sees it going up, until it's a tiny dot, and it then vanishes from our sight, while it's still going up, and eventually, reaches Earth 'orbit'??

That's why I asked you to show me any videos of a rocket - taken from Earth - showing it going up, into orbit, as a tiny dot, when seen from the Earth!!

Nobody shows a rocket going up until it's a tiny dot, which vanishes from sight, so why bother filming it after the launch, and a bit later on? It would only show it as a very tiny speck, on films!!

That's nonsense.

If it shows a rocket going until it's a tiny dot, seen from Earth, this would prove what you claim is true.

You claim a rocket goes up into orbit, which would be easy to prove, from Earth, with videos showing a rocket flying up, and up, until it appears as a tiny speck, when it is seen - from Earth.

To believe that thousands of rockets have flown up, into Earth orbit, is simply based on faith.

Faith in believing rockets go up into Earth orbit, without ever seeing it, or a film of it!

It's more of a faith, when accepting that if a rocket DID, indeed, fly up into Earth orbit, no films would show it. Nobody would see it, either.

Sad.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

To believe that thousands of rockets have flown up, into Earth orbit, is simply based on faith.

Just got home from a long trip using satellite GPS. Was listening to my satellite radio from my trip from California to Vermont. The same station all the way. Called my parents on a satellite phone. It’s night, and was able to see the International space station fly over head. Went inside, and fired up the satellite internet to look up some images from the Hubble Space Telescope. Then went on to email a friend who’s hobby is to track satellites in orbit, and try to determine their position by their broadcasts from orbit. Then turned on the satellite dish TV. A special on the space x heavy lift rocket was on. Then a special on the Chelyabinsk meteor was on. Then watched a special on the stardust mission. A probe was landed on a comet, and comet samples returned to earth. The broadcasted pictures from the comet were awesome.

edit on 19-7-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 19-7-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

So. It’s summer in the northern hemisphere. What season is it in the Southern Hemisphere? How does that work on a flat earth?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

see... You're still too frickin dense to figure out that you can't film a rocket going into orbit which goes straight up and floats there.... idiot!

I've already explained this several times... and the video is showing exactly that... what goes up comes right back down...

IF it was filmed from the ground you would lose sight of it after a few hundred metres... because its tiny... that's why they put the camera on the rocket.

You suggest there's no video showing a rocket going up into a tiny dot, because a tiny dot would not be worth showing us, from Earth?

They could show it as a dot, from Earth, on video, but they don't bother to show it as a tiny dot?

What's the whole point in showing a rocket going up into orbit, if nobody sees it going up, until it's a tiny dot, and it then vanishes from our sight, while it's still going up, and eventually, reaches Earth 'orbit'??

That's why I asked you to show me any videos of a rocket - taken from Earth - showing it going up, into orbit, as a tiny dot, when seen from the Earth!!

Nobody shows a rocket going up until it's a tiny dot, which vanishes from sight, so why bother filming it after the launch, and a bit later on? It would only show it as a very tiny speck, on films!!

That's nonsense.

If it shows a rocket going until it's a tiny dot, seen from Earth, this would prove what you claim is true.

You claim a rocket goes up into orbit, which would be easy to prove, from Earth, with videos showing a rocket flying up, and up, until it appears as a tiny speck, when it is seen - from Earth.

Faith in believing rockets go up into Earth orbit, without ever seeing it, or a film of it!

It's more of a faith, when accepting that if a rocket DID, indeed, fly up into Earth orbit, no films would show it. Nobody would see it, either.

Sad.

unfortunately... since you're a moron, and I've explained this to you over and over... You're never going to understand that you can't film a rocket going up into "orbit" until its a tiny dot.... Going into orbit requires said rocket to be traveling around the planet.... NOT FLOATING IN SPACE straight up above your frickin head!!

Nothing Floats in space.... Orbit does not mean a rocket is floating directly above where it took off... IF you had half a brain you would have understood this concept the first or second time I explained it... but again, since you're a bloody moron... You're never going to figure out why its not possible to film a rocket going up into orbit straight above its take off point...

Moron!

OmG!!

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I was gonna post that one !

here are JAXA rockets launching 7 satellites

funny thing about this whole flat earth , we can lead a horse to water
but it will only drink when its ready!

Another rocket veering off, out of sight....wow!

Assuming rockets have really flown up, into Earth orbit, we'd have FILMED it from Earth, and we'd have SEEN it. from Earth!!

If rockets were flying into orbit, we'd see them fly up, into a little speck, and we'd have filmed it, many times, already.

Rockets don't even fly to altitudes flown by commercial airplanes, when we see them fly out of our sight, over the ocean!

Don't tell me that rockets go into orbit, when they fly lower than airplanes fly, vanish out of sight, over the ocean. It's completely absurd.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

That's nonsense.

Sad.

unfortunately... since you're a moron, and I've explained this to you over and over... You're never going to understand that you can't film a rocket going up into "orbit" until its a tiny dot.... Going into orbit requires said rocket to be traveling around the planet.... NOT FLOATING IN SPACE straight up above your frickin head!!

Nothing Floats in space.... Orbit does not mean a rocket is floating directly above where it took off... IF you had half a brain you would have understood this concept the first or second time I explained it... but again, since you're a bloody moron... You're never going to figure out why its not possible to film a rocket going up into orbit straight above its take off point...

Moron!

OmG!!

You have no clue, simpleton. You see the rockets go out of sight, over the ocean, same as everyone else does. That's all.

To claim the rockets will later fly up into Earth orbit, is complete bs. There is no evidence at all to support your claim.

Some magical force called 'gravity' holds rockets trying to fly from Earth, while birds or insects fly freely.

Rockets fly up, at first, too. But then, for some reason, the magical force comes in, holding the rockets from leaving the planet. Not when the rockets first FLEW off of the Earth, or when the rockets were flying upward, afterwards. No.

The magical force only held the rockets from 'leaving' Earth, for some strange reason we don't understand yet, obviously!

It can't hold birds or insects, it can't hold rockets from flying above the Earth, yet holds rockets from 'leaving' the Earth, because it's magical, and defies reality, whenever needed.

This magical force solves all problems, while it doesn't even exist, and conflicts within itself, to boot.

So rockets aren't seen going up into orbit, because the magical force holds rockets from 'leaving' Earth, not launching from Earth, or flying above Earth afterwards. But trying to 'leave' the whole planet.....that's a bitch!

'Gravity' gives you answers for everything, because it doesn't even exist, and needs no proof of what you claim it does, since it never existed first of all.

Why would a rocket fly from Earth without a force holding it, fly in air without a force pulling it down to Earth, yet be gripped by a force when 'leaving' Earth - whatever that's supposed to be?

In fact, forces don't work like that, and physics proves it. Actual forces are consistent, proven, and can be demonstrated in the real world. Your fantasy 'force' can hold objects, but not hold objects as well. It cannot hold a rocket from flying from Earth, but hold it from 'leaving' Earth. Objects that are high enough from Earth, are held by this 'force', not when objects are lower, though!!

This nonsense is used by your side, about why we never can see, never can film, a rocket going up into Earth 'orbit', from the Earth itself!!

It's nonsense, used to support more nonsense, and that's all it is.

They would know the path of these rockets, beforehand, and would know where the rockets lift up, along the way, right?

Sure, they know where the 'ISS' is flying above Earth, you believe. It can be 'tracked', right?

So they would also 'track' their rockets which are going into 'orbit', after launching off, yes?

How would they not be able to video rockets going into orbit, but they can film them IN orbit, and SEE them in orbit??

These excuses are nonsense, period.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Is you Eric?

I've watched a ton of your video's you write like you sound

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   

What’s nonsense? You cannot handle mankind actually uses earth orbit, has established technology on the moon, and we are exploring space?

(post by AntonGonist removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Okay, one last, very #king last time:

Orbit: You want to reach the height, and the horizontal velocity - otherwards, there would be no force to *keep* you in orbit, you have to use the centrifugal forces of your horizontal velocity.

Just like a rock on a rope which you sling/rotate above your head - you stop rotating it, it will drop (to earth in this case, because earth has a far higher gravtitational force on the stone than you).

Being in orbit without reaching orbital velocity HORIZONTALLY, you would just drop to earth.

Okay, SHOWTIME, now its FORMULA TIMEEEEEE:

v = Squareroot (G*M/r)

With:
G*M = 3.986*10^14 m^3/s^2
r = distance from satellite to center of Earth.

Example:
r = 180 km
=>
v = 7.8 km/s

This is the HORIZONTAL velocity, on a tangente to earths surface.

YOU NOT FAST ENOUGH, YOU DROP BACK AS SOON AS ROCKET STOPS.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Just like a rock on a rope which you sling/rotate above your head - you stop rotating it, it will drop (to earth in this case, because earth has a far higher gravtitational force on the stone than you).

Is that so? It will first fly away out of its orbit.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Your entire argument requires a flat earther to understand three-dimensional space. The whole reason people become flat earthers is because they lack the mental capacity to process 3D space.

top topics

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join