It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

You (and we) cannot achieve a #strike against durbonium, as he just (a) does not tell us what he would accept as proof ("video showing a rocket? Okay, but that rocket did not REACH orbit!") and/or (b) he just moves the goalpost ("that rocket has to reach ORBIT, not just leave the athmosphere" while not defining what orbit or end-of-athmosphere would be to him).

It is an age-old method of having your opponents run in circles to fulfil your demands while simultanously moving them further (or at an right angle to prior discussion) away. See Jesuits, dialectic - but without their goal to pursuade the opponent.

Durbonium just likes to sniff his own butt whenever he thinks another opponent has given up to meet his unattainable moving discussion points.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: Akragon

Are you aware that NASA can create this 'zero gravity' effect without leaving earths orbit?

Yup... its quite easy, but not for extended period of time

I was just waiting for another "God did it" response...

Thats all he has when theres no explanation in his little bubble... er... snowglobe

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: Akragon

Are you aware that NASA can create this 'zero gravity' effect without leaving earths orbit?

This was filmed in Earth orbit, human beings have never left earth orbit.
edit on 14-6-2019 by captainpudding because: typo

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: captainpudding

and can you provide evidence of this so called fact ?

how then did american place a reflector on the moons surface
which china bounced a laser beam off ?

Chind just bounced a laser off reflectors on the Moon place by NASA's Apollo 15 mission

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

You cannot even create a credible argument on why flat earth should be taken seriously.

What is the firmament? And how does the firmament allow for the retrograde of the inner planets.

For the flat earth model, why doesn’t the sun and moon “sink” to the earth’s surface, or drift off?

Every flat earth model I seen shows the sun and moon circling at a constant height above the earth. How does the flat earth model account for the fact the moon and sun actually set and rise from behind the curve of the earth known as the horizon.

Why can’t you see the Rocky Mountains from the top mount Washington in New Hampshire, or the top of Mount Mitchell in North Carolina?

Why does the North Star disappear below the horizon when you travel south across the equator.

What is your explanation for what is seen when the ISS and Hubble telescope are seen orbiting the earth in the night sky?

Why do I have to align my satellite dish UP AT THE SKY to a specific area in space to get it to work?

Why are there areas on earth where the only why to get HBO or initiate is from a satellite via a satellite dish?

How did the reflectors get on the moon that are used to bounce lasers off of to get the moon’s distance.

You claim the moon is only 6,000 miles away? Then why not take a dirigible airship to the moon?

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
Onboard camera view: launch and separation of Sentinel-1A
m.youtube.com...

That's hilarious!

I asked you to find real footage taken from the Earth, showing a rocket really going into orbit, and you show me this nonsense!!??

If this is really a rocket going up into orbit, how come it's never, ever shown from the ground - not once, anywhere, anytime, in any footage?

Let's assume every rocket has gone into orbit while over the oceans....supposedly for 'safety' concerns.....

Nobody could ever possibly film it from Earth's oceans, then?

What a joke!

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Huh?

Rockets usually place payloads like satellites, probes, orbiters, pieces of space stations, or capsules into space.

So you are starting with a false argument based on a misconception.

And you have been provided with photos of the ISS orbiting earth.

You now

I asked you to find real footage taken from the Earth, showing a rocket really going into orbit,

The original request by you

Again - show me any rocket that actually flies upward, into orbit, on any videos, taken from Earth. Nothing else.

Again, pictures captured to the best ability provided by video.

The referenced video shows the satellite being deployed.

Onboard camera view: launch and separation of Sentinel-1A
m.youtube.com...

Most satellites have the dimensions of a small car. Please show video of a car taken 600 km away. Please explain what earth based video system would have the speed and magnification to capture a discernible image of a car size object 600 km away traveling at escape velocity. The final stage place Sentinel-1A over 600 Km above the earth.

5]

Launch
Edit
Sentinel-1A was launched on 3 April 2014 by a Soyuz rocket at 21:02:31 GMT (23:02:31 CEST). The first stage separated 118 seconds later, followed by the fairing (209 s), second stage (287 s) and the upper assembly (526 s).[6] After a 617-second burn, the Fregat upper stage delivered Sentinel into a Sun-synchronous orbit at 693 km altitude. The satellite separated from the upper stage 23 min 29 s after liftoff.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

And, again.....

You cannot even create a credible argument on why flat earth should be taken seriously.

What is the firmament? And how does the firmament allow for the retrograde of the inner planets.

For the flat earth model, why doesn’t the sun and moon “sink” to the earth’s surface, or drift off?

Every flat earth model I seen shows the sun and moon circling at a constant height above the earth. How does the flat earth model account for the fact the moon and sun actually set and rise from behind the curve of the earth known as the horizon.

Why can’t you see the Rocky Mountains from the top mount Washington in New Hampshire, or the top of Mount Mitchell in North Carolina?

Why does the North Star disappear below the horizon when you travel south across the equator.

What is your explanation for what is seen when the ISS and Hubble telescope are seen orbiting the earth in the night sky?

Why do I have to align my satellite dish UP AT THE SKY to a specific area in space to get it to work?

Why are there areas on earth where the only why to get HBO or initiate is from a satellite via a satellite dish?

How did the reflectors get on the moon that are used to bounce lasers off of to get the moon’s distance.

You claim the moon is only 6,000 miles away? Then why not take a dirigible airship to the moon?

What is hilariously ignorance is you can’t even make credible arguments to present flat earth as credible.

All you can do is create false and strawman arguments concerning spherical earth.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

You (and we) cannot achieve a #strike against durbonium, as he just (a) does not tell us what he would accept as proof ("video showing a rocket? Okay, but that rocket did not REACH orbit!") and/or (b) he just moves the goalpost ("that rocket has to reach ORBIT, not just leave the athmosphere" while not defining what orbit or end-of-athmosphere would be to him).

It is an age-old method of having your opponents run in circles to fulfil your demands while simultanously moving them further (or at an right angle to prior discussion) away. See Jesuits, dialectic - but without their goal to pursuade the opponent.

Durbonium just likes to sniff his own butt whenever he thinks another opponent has given up to meet his unattainable moving discussion points.

I'm asking you to show a rocket that goes up into orbit, which is YOUR claim....

Show me any rocket going straight up, until nobody can see it from Earth, do you get the point here?

When you claim rockets go into orbit, then we'd also expect you to SHOW THESE ROCKETS GOING UP INTO ORBIT, from Earth.

The reality is you cannot show me any footage from Earth to confirm what you claim.

It would be easy to show this, if it was really true.

You believe in all of their Illusions, sad to say...

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If satellites were really in 'orbit', like all the rockets were in 'orbit', we'd have filmed them thousands of times from Earth, REALLY GOING UP INTO ORBIT, and we'd have nothing to debate here!

Don't try claiming all these 'satellites' are orbiting Earth, and filmed going around Earth orbit, from the surface below, when you can't show one that is actually GOING UP INTO EARTH ORBIT!!

Yikes!

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Again. Rockets are used to place payloads into Space.

You can see the ISS orbit the earth with the naked eye. Do you have a more credible explanation for wat is orbiting the earth as the ISS.

Most rockets place a payload into space. Most satellites are about the size of a car. Please point out what video system would have the speed and magnification to create a discernible imagine of a car sized object captured on video over 600 km away at escape velocity?

I can confirm the existence of satellites by the broadcasts and radar they use, and by the services they provide. Satellite TV and Satellite Internet provided to areas that do not have access to subscription TV and internet any other way. GPS satellites are another example. GPS satellites broadcast from space. Broadcasts that are used on earth.

All the listed above satellites broadcasts from space, and those transmissions are traced to space.

Do you have a more credible explanation for the sources of satellite TV, Satellite Internet, and GPS provided to isolated or rural areas?

And, again.....

What is hilariously ignorance is you can’t even make credible arguments to present flat earth as credible.

All you can do is create false and strawman arguments concerning spherical earth.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Care to actually start answering questions about flat earth to show it has any credibility.

Let’s start basic

I guess there is no response because flat earth is a blatant lie. With no explanation where basic services like satellite internet, satellite TV, Satellite radio, satellite phone service, satellite weather data, satellite ground surveillance by radar originate from.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Sad you have only falsehoods and you cannot even make a credible case concerning the most basic elements of flat earth.

How does a moon and sun that only circles the earth in the overhead of a flat earth set and rise from behind the horizon in real life?

Flat earth cannot even explain natural events. So you have to create strawman and false arguments concerning technology used every second of every day to distract from earth is a blatant lie.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Sad you cannot even defend your fishbowl god, who you place in a box, most basic elements of their creation.
edit on 14-6-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 14-6-2019 by turbonium1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Yes, and how can our radios possibly reach out, many miles away, if they aren't bouncing their signals off of our 'satellites, in Earth orbit?!?!

Radio waves must be able to go around curvature, to find miracles like that!!

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Airships cannot reach 6000 miles up, nor can planes.

A rocket can, and has, reached this height......which is why Von Braun said the firmament existed, in his last words..

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

I'm asking you to show a rocket that goes up into orbit, which is YOUR claim....

Show me any rocket going straight up, until nobody can see it from Earth, do you get the point here?

When you claim rockets go into orbit, then we'd also expect you to SHOW THESE ROCKETS GOING UP INTO ORBIT, from Earth.

The reality is you cannot show me any footage from Earth to confirm what you claim.

Posted two pages back

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: turbonium1

Posted two pages back

NOT showing a rocket go into orbit from Earth, again and again, doesn't help your case....

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
it has to be noted - that there are no videos of a plane flying from london heathrow >> new york JFK - ergo - such flights have never occured [ using tired troll " logic " ]

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
When we see a plane fly above Earth, no matter how high it is, we still see it.

If a rocket was going higher than that, we'd see it go up and up until we couldn't see it anymore from Earth. Through magnification, after awhile, it would barely be a speck, until it vanished from sight...

Rockets are never seen going up into a little speck, until they cannot be seen from Earth anymore, because they're too high up to be seen, and that's the big problem you have here...

Every rocket veers off like a plane, over the ocean, and out of view.

Nobody sees it go up into a speck, and finally vanish from sight...

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join