It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 107
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

The below link goes to a YouTube video showing a rocket disappearing into space on a split screen. Is that false.

A video I linked in a posted reply to you before you ever made the sideways comment.
Is that false.

Onboard camera view: launch and separation of Sentinel-1A
m.youtube.com...

Not what I asked for, again.

Again - show me any rocket that actually flies upward, into orbit, on any videos, taken from Earth. Nothing else.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   

a reply to: turbonium1

It is NOT an orbit, you only believe it is, because they claim it is.

No. Because I can actually see the international space station travel over head and photograph the ISS. The ISS is actually tracked from earth. There is no reason for astronauts and their support crews to lie. The international space station actually broadcasts from space. You cannot provide any evidence the ISS is a projection.

You don't have any idea why astronauts would ever lie? Good one.

There is NO evidence of an ISS in orbit, first of all.

It is an unknown, unidentifiable, unPROVABLE, object in the sky, with light.

You claim that object is the ISS, in Earth orbit, because NASA claims the ISS was there, at the very same time of the object you saw. It's the same agency that claims the ISS is in orbit, who would put an unidentifiable object in the sky at that same time, so nice try. A criminal shows his very own 'evidence' to others, and this proves he is completely innocent, too? Are you serious?

Since your 'ISS' shows no light, after passing the moon, how does it light up the sky in your other video clip? A magic illusion of some sort, I'm sure!!

Stars are easily proven to be objects near the Earth, just by looking at the details, and movement, of each star, but you hold up a distant, unidentifiable light in the sky, as 'proof' of your argument??!!

Instruments measure the Earth as flat, on every airplane, while you claim planes measure level, but it is not actually level at all, they measure level for 'curvature of the Earth', because a magical force takes control of all the instruments on airplanes, and level is magically turned into 'level to Earth's curvature'!!.

These instruments measure level within the atmosphere around the plane itself, which is an absolute fact. When a plane measures level, it IS level. That's also an absolute fact.

If you think inventing magical forces that don't exist, have no proof they exist, make your argument valid in any way, let alone counter actual scientific instruments, and their proven measurements, you are delusional.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Any idea what 'satellite TV' dishes that point to the ground are proving?

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Please feel free to explain how one does this on earth...

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Please feel free to explain how one does this on earth...

Kubrick did it back in the 1960's, with special effects.

Special effects are much better today, in case you don't know that either.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

ah... yes... CGI

Similar to "God did it" when it comes to why planets reverse their trajectory

Gotcha…

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

The earth is Flat, like a pancake, like King Kongs head.
Flat.
edit on 9-6-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   

and a similar effect when CGI didn't exist.... hmmm

edit on 9-6-2019 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Are you aware that NASA can create this 'zero gravity' effect without leaving earths orbit?

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Didn't exist for us or them?
edit on 9-6-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Kubrick made astronauts 'float' in 0 gravity, back in the 60's, as well.

And it didn't take CGI to create this illusion, either.

Why do you think NASA gave Kubrick a special gift? Because they liked his movies so much?

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

The below link goes to a YouTube video showing a rocket disappearing into space on a split screen. Is that false.

A video I linked in a posted reply to you before you ever made the sideways comment.
Is that false.

m.youtube.com...

Not what I asked for, again.

Again - show me any rocket that actually flies upward, into orbit, on any videos, taken from Earth. Nothing else.

How do you debate with a person like you who will literally lies?

Screenshots from video in question of the rocket that placed the Sentinel 1A satellite in orbit.

m.youtube.com...

The video camera tracks the rocket until the first stage separation.

Placed this item into space:

Sentinel-1A

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Sentinel-1A is a European radar imaging satellite launched in 2014. It is the first Sentinel-1 satellite launched as part of the European Union's Copernicus programme. The satellite carries a C-band Synthetic Aperture Radar which will provide images in all light and weather conditions. It will track many aspects of our environment, from detecting and tracking oil spills and mapping sea ice to monitoring movement in land surfaces and mapping changes in the way land is used.

Launch

Sentinel-1A was launched on 3 April 2014 by a Soyuz rocket at 21:02:31 GMT (23:02:31 CEST). The first stage separated 118 seconds later, followed by the fairing (209 s), second stage (287 s) and the upper assembly (526 s).[6] After a 617-second burn, the Fregat upper stage delivered Sentinel into a Sun-synchronous orbit at 693 km altitude. The satellite separated from the upper stage 23 min 29 s after liftoff.

And produced these radar images

Sentinel-1A Satellite delivers first Radar Images of Earth

spaceflight101.com...

The newly launched Sentinel-1A satellite has returned the first images acquired with its high-fidelity radar system. Sentinel-1A is making good progress in its commissioning phase that will prepare the satellite for regular acquisition of high-resolution and calibrated radar images for release through the European Commission’s Copernicus program.

Following a close call in the first night of the mission that featured an unprecedented Debris Avoidance Maneuver (a story told here by the mission team), Sentinel-1A continued its early operations with flying colors – being awarded a clean bill of health and beginning to collect radar images of chosen targets on Earth.

This is some of the access offered by the European Space Agency from the Sentinel Program

sentinel.esa.int...

Sentinel data products are made available systematically and free of charge to all data users including the general public, scientific and commercial users. The data will be delivered within an hour of reception for Near Real-Time (NRT) emergency response, within three hours for NRT priority areas and within 24 hours for systematically archived data.

All data products are distributed in the Sentinel Standard Archive Format for Europe (SAFE) format.

Each mode can potentially produce products at SAR Level-0, Level-1 SLC, Level-1 GRD, and Level-2 OCN.

Data products are available in single polarisation (VV or HH) for Wave mode and dual polarisation (VV+VH or HH+HV) or single polarisation (HH or VV) for SM, IW and EW modes.

How to get Sentinel data

Access to Sentinel data via download

sentinel.esa.int...

The free, full and open data policy adopted for the Copernicus programme foresees access available to all users for the Sentinel data products, via a simple self-registration. News and further information about the service is available here.

If there is no Sentinel satellite, what is being tracked and what is broadcasting data from its position in space?
edit on 9-6-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed

edit on 9-6-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

edit on 9-6-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I have no idea what you are talking about.

To have had all my satellite dishes work, they had to be correctly aligned to the correct satellite in space. Aimed up to the sky.

When the alignment was off by some evidence like damage from a storm, they had to be correctly repositioned to get the signals back.

Can you provide any proof I am lying. Can you provide proof the signals I was receiving were not from a satellites.

All satellite dishes work by line of sight. If your neighbors satellite dish was pointed at the ground, the dish and receiver would not be getting any signal from any source.

Please do tell what service your neighbor was subscribed to, and what was providing the subscription broadcast?

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   

You

You don't have any idea why astronauts would ever lie? Good one.

Any proof?

Again....

You claimed the ISS was a projection?

There is no way it is a projection.

You haven’t established squat. You have no proof the ISS is a projection, you haven’t shown what infrastructure could make it possible, you are confusing laser range finders for holograms, atmospheric conditions would cause visible beams of light from a projector, atmospheric conditions would change the size and shape of an ISS projection in magnitudes, the ISS actually broadcasts from space, it is tracked from earth by things like radar, seen and filmed from earth, and you cannot discredit the people that attest to being on the ISS, and people that use satellite technology to communicate with the international space station from the ground.

You

But, for some reason or other, you think an image can't be projected off the moon, and seen on Earth?

One. The ISS is seen and photographed with no moon in the background.

Two. You believe the moon makes its own light. Is that false. So how would lasers be bounced off what you think is an on lightbulb in the sky? With no mirrors placed by NASA?

edit on 9-6-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed quote

edit on 9-6-2019 by neutronflux because: Addded more

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Question.

Has NASA ever been Wrong?

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12
Question.

Has NASA ever been Wrong?

Yes. They have had rockets and probes fail in the vacuum of space on missions to orbit the earth, and to distance objects in space.

Hubble space telescope in orbit around the earth is another example. With missions to the Hubble Space Telescope for fixes and repairs.
edit on 9-6-2019 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

You forgot the Moon.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12
a reply to: neutronflux

You forgot the Moon.

I think NASA achieved quite a few of their mission goals, like placing reflectors on the moon used to measure the distance from the earth to the moon.

China just bounced a laser off reflectors on the Moon placed by NASA's Apollo 15 mission
gbtimes.com...

Lunar Laser Ranging experiment
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

You do understand the difference between a troll using innuendo to create a false argument vs a intellectually honest person stating a clear hypothesis with a logical presentation of evidence and sources?

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1
If two objects are moving in the same direction, the slower object NEVER appears to change direction, at any time, in any scenario, simple as that. It appears slower, but never appears to move in the opposite direction!

You'll believe anything, if they tell you it's 'true'! 'Space' is for goofy fantasy-land tales.

Just wanted to respond to this.
Having lived in various cities where i sometimes used trains as transport, at times I'd notice an odd illusory effect where if the train I was on was moving slowly beside another train near a station(especially if we were undercover/underground) if the next train was going slightly faster than mine I'd feel momentarily like my train was reversing, traveling backwards.
Conversely if my train was going slightly faster the other train would be the one appearing like it was traveling backwards.
I've even noticed it driving in traffic at times, were if I'm stopped at lights or an intersection and there was a car stopped next to me that started driving before me, for a moment I would feel like my car was rolling backwards and I'd jump on the brakes before realising it was just an illusion.
Could be a little unnerving in those few moments before the realisation hits you.
I'm sure there are many people that have experienced these illusions and know that just for a second they can be really convincing, I may be mistaken but to me they represent common, easily verified examples of retrograde movement here on good ol' spherical planet Earth!

top topics

<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join