It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Hey all. I know that there are many who believe the earth to be flat. Im not one of them. I do have a question to anyone who believes this.

With all the evidence to the earth not being flat. What evidence do they have the the earth is flat?

If this topic has been covered im sorry.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

They will show you a picture of low Earth atmosphere and claim that you can't see a curve when you can.

Then, they'll say something about nobody ever going to Antarctica or some such.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Best I can figure is its purposely pushed to make all other conspiracy thought look stupid. I swear, eveywhere on youtube there will be "someone" saying something like "the earth is flat idiots" and it will have like 30 likes.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Why don't those who support the theory put their finances together and pay RUSSIA for a trip up to space take some pictures and bring back their proof?

The theory would have more foundation then otherwise it seems like intentional mind washing first by interruption of logic and second replace with lies...

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
With as many people that believe this i'd wish one of them would try to circumnavigate the arctic.
edit on 20-8-2017 by Skeeball because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I have heard their example that "water doesn't stick to a spinning tennis ball"

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It's played out.

Find something more interesting to discuss.

www.newsnow.co.uk...

edit on 20-8-2017 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
If i throw a tennis ball it will stop rolling after awhile.
If the earth was round, it would just keep rolling, obviously

If people want to believe the earth is flat, thats fine by me

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Most flat Earthers say the Earth does not rotate. The flat-Earth community is generally split into two camps: religious and nonreligious. The religious side argues the Bible tells them the Earth is stationary and the center of the universe; they also tend to believe the Earth is covered in a glass dome called the firmament. Other flat Earthers believe we’re on an infinite plane surrounded by a wall of ice.

Wonder how many flat earthers have watched the sun set on the ocean and or have flown in a plane.

Was wondering how they would rationalize tomorrow's solar eclipse:

Proof of flat Earth during the eclipse

If your head is spinning trying to comprehend these arguments, you’re not alone. I asked a Chicago-based truther named Charlie Flowers, who says he’s a former schoolteacher, to explain more. Flowers believes we’re living on a flat plane covered by a big glass dome — the “firmament” frequently described in the flat-Earth scene. The sun, moon and stars are all inside the firmament, he said, and there are no planets besides Earth.

“They’re all lights. The sun and the moon are the same size and they spin above us and it’s a battery.”

Source

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

That still won't be enuff for the flat earthers.
They will say the government knew they were going to go up, so they adjusted the hologram to make the ears the look round.

According to some, it's nothing but a stack of turtles....turtles all the way down.

Imagine That,
After all these years, it turns out to be an infinite amount of turtles. Piled one on top of each other.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The people who believe the earth is flat are not a problem. They are not causing civil unrest by trying to brainwash others with twisted news because of their beliefs. I personally do not know anyone who believes that the earth is flat other than from a point of perspective stance. Actually is is really not a sphere either, depending on the energy field variation it sort of fluxes. Our world does not end at the ground, it ends in the magnetic fields and atmospheric points. That shape is not spherical all the time, it is bouncing around.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

good imagination skills. Seems logical that if they don't trust current space data that they would fund a single cosmic mission to better aware us. But if they choose to believe reptiles guide their habitats, very well

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Long range shooters, artillery, and ICBMs must compensate for Earth's rotation -- the coriolis effect. But never mind that inconvenient fact, here you go:

...It really is astounding that it even has to be disproven TODAY. ^Lol, even the thumbnail to that video speaks for itself.
edit on 20-8-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Some people's reality is so concave that thet think the Earth is flat.

You can't fix stooopid.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
🤗

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I personally believe we live in a simulation. So I believe the world is both flat and round just as light can be a particle or wave; it depends on the observer, you could say.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
No offense to all the flat earthers, but I just don't get it ....I can't even believe that in today's technological world ,that the flat earth theory is around and steadily gaining followers . I had no idea that people actually still believed this until about a year ago. I know a person that belives this, and apparently he has a whole group of friends that believe it too....he doesn't live close to me, so when he comes to visit he stays with some other friends of mine. and now, he has pretty much convinced them that the Earth is flat too ....he likes to argue his points, and he won't see any other facts at all. Our conversations never end well.....But,his main argument is : when a ship sails along the coast line you can still see it far beyond the point where the earth should curve...like a mile or so away....and then he always whips out some you tube video for proof......also, he says that the moon landing was faked so that no one else would go into space and see the flat earth......my argument is : If the earth is flat then why doesn't the water just run off the edges ? ......He's still working on that answer , but, I'm sure he will have some wacko reason next time I see him.....

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Their favorite ''argument'' to space pictures is the wide lens cameras showing the Earth curvature and nasa having faked all photos just because they want to disprove the bible!
I saw recently a video on YT about a blue rock being 70% oxygen, it attracted many flat nutters that claim that it's a piece of the dome!
It's really depressing in 2017 that so many people are still in the dark ages
edit on MonMon, 21 Aug 2017 03:57:28 -05001AMk000000Mondayam by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I dont believe in flat earth, but I've got a feeling that we cant know for sure untill we see it with our own eyes

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula
Their favorite ''argument'' to space pictures is the wide lens cameras showing the Earth curvature and nasa having faked all photos just because they want to disprove the bible!
I saw recently a video on YT about a blue rock being 70% oxygen, it attracted many flat nutters that claim that it's a piece of the dome!
It's really depressing in 2017 that so many people are still in the dark ages

A piece of the dome ? ......like its crumbling and we need to call a roofer to fix it . Pretty soon some government contract will pop up for a billion dollars to fix the dome, and Al Gores company will be awarded the contract .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join