It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedy team of Martin and Lewis headlining in heaven tonight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
He seemed eternal. My first Jerry Lewis movie was A Visit To A Small Planet, my last, The King of Comedy. He was incredible, almost the definition of American entertainment, in one man. Sad. Now there's nothing left of him but Martin Short.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
Now there's nothing left of him but Martin Short.

Short does do a pretty serviceable imitation of Jerry, but if I had to pick the guy who's most carrying the mantle for Lewis's brand of comedy, it would probably be Jim Carrey.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Yes, that style, manic, infantile, physical is more integral to Carrey's work. Short is the best of the Jerry impersonators, as far as I know. Has Frank Caliendo done him?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

When I was a kid, Jerry Lewis was my favorite comedian. The guy was wacky, made that high pitched crazy voice, and always made those goofy faces that made you crack-up. I could never get enough of Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin comedies. He made millions laugh and he'll truly be missed. He was one of a kind and had a caring heart. RIP Jerry.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
When I think of Jerry Lewis, I think of gentler times when slapstick and physical comedy was just...funny. We could all just leave our worries at the door, put on one of their movies and laugh for the next two hours.

You will be missed, Mr. Lewis. Your great talent was only surpassed by your great altruism. R.I.P.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

Has Frank Caliendo done him?

Not to my knowledge, but I'm sure he could. Probably not topical enough for Frank. it would be like doing Ed Sullivan or something.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join